Disney's GoldenOak Residential Area announced

I couldn't live there. Not in something that shares a name with a fast food place in Magic Kingdom.

Well you never know...you might need the $20 million in the bank even for the $1.5M home. Any idea what the HOA and mandatory club/golf/Four Seasons membership annual dues might be? :)

20 million? Don't be silly.. you only need 1.5!

I saw that. but add in all the furnishings, the fact I will need to quit my job to be in the parks everday and AP's for everyone I know and it might be close to 20 million. Besides I asked the DH and he shot it down before I could even tell him the $25K for waitlist is refundable.

I saw that. but add in all the furnishings, the fact I will need to quit my job to be in the parks everday and AP's for everyone I know and it might be close to 20 million. Besides I asked the DH and he shot it down before I could even tell him the $25K for waitlist is refundable.

The good thing is when you buy a home, they give you a FastPass to your own bathroom! The "Wait Time" sign over the toilet is a nice touch...

Let's not forget the smell of fresh cookies piped into your kitchen.

Can't quite afford that, but, I wish that would allow you to but enough points to live in a DVC villa, I would plunk that money down in a second if they would let us.

I think the magic might dim for me if I lived that close! I prefer an annual trip (or two) to keep the magic alive! Just sayin!:rolleyes1

The good thing is when you buy a home, they give you a FastPass to your own bathroom! The "Wait Time" sign over the toilet is a nice touch...

Let's not forget the smell of fresh cookies piped into your kitchen.

:lmao:

To be able to live on WDW, a short drive to Epcot ..... Not on my budget (just the deposit alone is out if reach) but something to add to if I ever won the lottery list. Of course you have to play the lottery lol

I'm not a fan of Disney selling off their property. There are so many things that I can see going wrong there, as some others have stated. In addition, it uses space that could have been another theme park down the road. Can the homeowers complain about the fireworks if they want? Maybe not because they already exist. What if another park is added and the new park wants fireworks? It's not going to be grandfathered in. What about the land set aside for conservation? That is now being cut into. I'm really not a fan of this at all. :confused3

Didn't they build Celebration to be the Disney village? This new one just seems to be a gathering place for the well off. Considering that it is unbelievably hot in the summer, that area could be empty half the year with the residents living in Maine!:rotfl2:

IMHO...such a bad idea! When the park was initially planned and built the intent was to not make the same mistakes they made at DL. They purchased the amount of land they did so that they would have a more secluded area. Building homes...to me, that eliminates the seclusion of the parks and opens it to a totally different vein. Boy, do I hope this isn't the beginning of the end :(

IMHO...such a bad idea! When the park was initially planned and built the intent was to not make the same mistakes they made at DL. They purchased the amount of land they did so that they would have a more secluded area. Building homes...to me, that eliminates the seclusion of the parks and opens it to a totally different vein. Boy, do I hope this isn't the beginning of the end :(

I tend to agree w/ most peoples concerns here. I thnik it could be a really big mistake- but on the other side of it, didn't walt disney originally intend epcot to have a working living community in it? Where people can live and there were underground tunnels adn all that to commute. I remember seeing a video somewhere. So I wonder if this kind of stuff is new folks trying to recapture what Walt may have originally wanted- just in a roundabout way. hmmm

I tend to agree w/ most peoples concerns here. I thnik it could be a really big mistake- but on the other side of it, didn't walt disney originally intend epcot to have a working living community in it? Where people can live and there were underground tunnels adn all that to commute. I remember seeing a video somewhere. So I wonder if this kind of stuff is new folks trying to recapture what Walt may have originally wanted- just in a roundabout way. hmmm
Yes he did have that vision, however Walt was a family man and understood families. He would have known that most do not have a million+ to drop down on a condo/house, especially if they were to "work" in the Disney community. Disney workers don't earn that to live there.. but yeah, you are right.... in a round about way...

yep.. Walt didn't want any of the Disney World area to be seen from the local streets as DisneyLand is.. so sad that we can see some from the streets.. from 192, you can see the top of the AK Lodge.. you can see the Sports Complex totally from the road. I doubt that this will be the beginning of the end of Disney, but it will be the end of the Disney we all know. Who, not on vacation, would want to live in the resort? You have to deal with all the tourists not knowing where they are going to, trying to get to ADR's on time, or heading off to Parks when you are on your way into your mulit-million dollar home.. just doesn't seem logical. If you are going to pay that kind of money for a home, you want some normalcy in your surroundings.. not a bunch of tourists trying to get behind your gates to take pictures :lmao:

Interesting that the Four Seasons will provide many of the amenities.

I hope that they de-annex. Having subdivisions on the property sure could change things.

Didn't they build Celebration to be the Disney village? This new one just seems to be a gathering place for the well off. Considering that it is unbelievably hot in the summer, that area could be empty half the year with the residents living in Maine!:rotfl2:
Yep.. down here we call those people "SnowBirds" ;) no offence but I really dislike them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter