Disney's GoldenOak Residential Area announced

Oh wow, this would only be my dream come true! I better marry into a Disney loving family with money...haha

Interesting that the Four Seasons will provide many of the amenities.

I hope that they de-annex. Having subdivisions on the property sure could change things.

Like what kind of subdivisions?

I know you are serious but I cannot help but think they will have their "low income area" where the homes are only 1.5 million.... then they have their upper income area where the homes are 10+ million..... :lmao:

Oh my!!:eek: I didn't know that about Celebration! I remember visiting there with my family when they were still building the homes and my parents were considering buying a small home. They ended up deciding against it because of the price.....good thing they did!
Celebration is still a very nice looking community, but it isn't what it was supposed to be. The homes are still very pricey there. When Disney owned it, they had strict rules on what you can do to your home. You could only paint it the colors they wanted, only put up certain decorations in your yard for holidays. I am not sure if they are still that way since taken over.

I'm sure that any subdivisions will be pricey. I wouldn't expect low income housing. :)

Like what kind of subdivisions?

I know you are serious but I cannot help but think they will have their "low income area" where the homes are only 1.5 million.... then they have their upper income area where the homes are 10+ million..... :lmao:

They are supposed to be divided by "neighborhoods". I know those poor people with only the 1.5 million houses hahaha.

I don't like this idea either BUT I wonder if these are going to be houses with owners that rent, through Disney, to families. Lots of families stay outside the parks in houses in the different communities. I am wondering if they need folks that have the $$ to actually build/furnish it. :confused3

According to reports on the local news, these homes would not be for use as a primary residence. They would be vacation homes only and the owners would not be allowed to rent them out to others.

I am pea green with envy!! I will never be able to afford to get past the gates to take a picture. I hate that Disney is selling part of Disneyworld off to private people. Why don't they build something that everyone can enjoy - not just a select few. Even people who choose/can't afford GF are welcomed in to enjoy the features of the resort. This kind of breaks the magic for me.

On the other hand - if I could afford it, I would be on the phone first thing in the morning.

Man, the ink isn't even dry yet on our DVC contract and Disney has already one upped us on the vacation home front? :rotfl2:

Seriously though, I agree with the concerns. It doesn't seem like the best idea for lots of reasons. Plus isn't Disney historically really careful with who lives in RCID to keep control?

"According to reports on the local news, these homes would not be for use as a primary residence. They would be vacation homes only and the owners would not be allowed to rent them out to others".

So these homes are only supposed to be "vacation" homes... not lived in year round? How is Disney going to know when someone is living in it, I didn't think you could sell a home to someone then tell them they could not live in it year round. :confused3
OK, I am a blonde & do confuse easily.. this really has me stomped. Are they going to have certain times of the year they can be occupied??? And if they are going to be having neighborhoods, they have to have people living in the homes or you would just have a bunch of vacant homes (like what I have in my area....some are vacation homes & some are foreclosures :sad2:) I know by me, many people own a home here and one up north. They come here from around Thanksgiving to Easter.. then head back north. I cannot see that in Disney though. Disney is a tourist area year round, mine isn't.

"According to reports on the local news, these homes would not be for use as a primary residence. They would be vacation homes only and the owners would not be allowed to rent them out to others".

So these homes are only supposed to be "vacation" homes... not lived in year round? How is Disney going to know when someone is living in it, I didn't think you could sell a home to someone then tell them they could not live in it year round. :confused3
OK, I am a blonde & do confuse easily.. this really has me stomped. Are they going to have certain times of the year they can be occupied??? And if they are going to be having neighborhoods, they have to have people living in the homes or you would just have a bunch of vacant homes (like what I have in my area....some are vacation homes & some are foreclosures :sad2:) I know by me, many people own a home here and one up north. They come here from around Thanksgiving to Easter.. then head back north. I cannot see that in Disney though. Disney is a tourist area year round, mine isn't.

From what I heard, the neighborhood will be gated and manned by security. The owners will have to check in and out. Not sure if this is all true, but that is what they indicated.

At first glance I thought this was a great idea that made me extremely jealous. But now looking at it, I think Disney needs to release some more information for us poor folk that won't be able to afford it.

Will it be subdivided from Disney, and what rights will the homeowners have?

How will this affect the normal park goer??

Ok, I actually read an entire article on this. I know I skimmed thru earlier..
I see where they do say "vacation homes" but then they also say this...and this gives me the feeling it may be more than just a vacation home.....they are comparing it to homes near Williamsburg Bush Gdns from the same builder.....

A fortunate few? The super rich. Homes start at $1.5 million and go all the way up to $8 million. Again, Kingsmill has done it in the past and continues to do it, but the allure of the area isn't the theme park. In fact a lot of residents often complain of the noise that the park brings on summer nights, and will complain even more when the Illuminights program starts bringing fireworks to the park at 9p.m. nightly. Many new projects are met with opposition from Kingsmill residents because of either the "eyesore" the noise levels of screaming guests or the traffic to the surrounding areas. If what the official site says is true, it's going to be even worse for residents of Golden Oak. Magic Kingdom sometimes runs fireworks twice nightly, plus parades with loud music. True there are only two outdoor attractions that might evoke enough screams to disturb the neighbors, but they are minor coasters and on the other side of the park. The biggest thing is that it will have the fireworks. Great for the first week, but what about the other 51 weeks? Imagine hearing Wishes every single night. Now imagine you have to be at work the next morning, or even better you have kids who have school.

Now this really has me wondering. . .. will they close the parks early or maybe one day a week for this community????:scared1:

Do I receive any Disney benefits or privileges as a homeowner?
A suite of in-park benefits, private VIP transportation, access to select special-event tickets and community-hosted activities throughout the year highlight a Walt Disney World® Resort privilege package created expressly for families at Golden Oak.

here is the official Disney link Q&A on this community.....
http://http://disneygoldenoak.disney.go.com/faq/

Ok, I actually read an entire article on this. I know I skimmed thru earlier..
I see where they do say "vacation homes" but then they also say this...and this gives me the feeling it may be more than just a vacation home.....they are comparing it to homes near Williamsburg Bush Gdns from the same builder.....

A fortunate few? The super rich. Homes start at $1.5 million and go all the way up to $8 million. Again, Kingsmill has done it in the past and continues to do it, but the allure of the area isn't the theme park. In fact a lot of residents often complain of the noise that the park brings on summer nights, and will complain even more when the Illuminights program starts bringing fireworks to the park at 9p.m. nightly. Many new projects are met with opposition from Kingsmill residents because of either the "eyesore" the noise levels of screaming guests or the traffic to the surrounding areas. If what the official site says is true, it's going to be even worse for residents of Golden Oak. Magic Kingdom sometimes runs fireworks twice nightly, plus parades with loud music. True there are only two outdoor attractions that might evoke enough screams to disturb the neighbors, but they are minor coasters and on the other side of the park. The biggest thing is that it will have the fireworks. Great for the first week, but what about the other 51 weeks? Imagine hearing Wishes every single night. Now imagine you have to be at work the next morning, or even better you have kids who have school.

That's actually pretty funny! I live behind the Magic Kingdom. I am probably as close to the Magic Kingdom as the Golden Oak subdivision will be. I hear Wishes every night...yet I don't. After awhile, you just don't notice it most of the time. Some nights, I hear it, but many nights it doesn't even register.

Did anyone heard about the amenities?
"private VIP tours of the parks, holiday home decorating, grocery delivery, an on-call concierge service, a yoga studio, a fitness facility, and a full-service spa."

I think my favorite is the holiday home decorating!

That's actually pretty funny! I live behind the Magic Kingdom. I am probably as close to the Magic Kingdom as the Golden Oak subdivision will be. I hear Wishes every night...yet I don't. After awhile, you just don't notice it most of the time. Some nights, I hear it, but many nights it doesn't even register.

You live in Windermere don't you? I thought that was a little further out on Apoka- Vineland, compared to being next to Ft Wilderness... hey, you are Tiger's neighbor ;) I just remembered that is where he lives too... I think the article is just stating how those that live near Williamsburg do complain and that maybe those that will be in Golden Oak may too being that they really are on Bay Lake, right across from the MK and will hear it echoing...

My friend has a place off Sand Lake (west of I-4) & she can hear Universal's fireworks during the summer.. She doesn't live there year round. That is her weekend home. Her "regular" home is on Hilton Head.. another vacation spot..

You live in Windermere don't you? I thought that was a little further out on Apoka- Vineland, compared to being next to Ft Wilderness... hey, you are Tiger's neighbor ;) I just remembered that is where he lives too... I think the article is just stating how those that live near Williamsburg do complain and that maybe those that will be in Golden Oak may too being that they really are on Bay Lake, right across from the MK and will hear it echoing...

My friend has a place off Sand Lake (west of I-4) & she can hear Universal's fireworks during the summer.. She doesn't live there year round. That is her weekend home. Her "regular" home is on Hilton Head.. another vacation spot..

Yes, I'm in Windermere. I live north of Reams Road up CR-535. I can see the fireworks each night from my front yard. Tiger lives down the road a bit in a little pricier home than mine. Lol!

Here is a little something off the official website. That part I bolded goes along with the idea of them being seasonal homes.

Your Golden Oak Concierge
There's something rather delightful about being able to hand over your "Want To's" and "Must Do's" to someone who can orchestrate them into "Well Done's." And here, that special someone is your Golden Oak Concierge, just a call or click away. It will be their pleasure to take care of such arrangements as:
•Move-in services
Travel and private transportation
•Disney parks and special-event tickets
•Golf tee-times
•Dinner reservations
•Private VIP tours
•At-home dinners and parties
•Holiday home decorating
•Grocery shopping and errands
Pre-arrival and post-departure home maintenance services

Why would you need travel and private transportatio courtesy of Disney if you lived there all the time? The pre-arrival and post-departure home maintenance makes it sound like the take care of the house when the owner is not there.

I wasn't liking this idea at first - people LIVING in Disney....just seems weird.

But if this is just DVC for the super-rich, and these are not sold as primary residences, then hey....maybe I will start playing the lottery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter