Disney's GoldenOak Residential Area announced

Yes, I'm in Windermere. I live north of Reams Road up CR-535. I can see the fireworks each night from my front yard. Tiger lives down the road a bit in a little pricier home than mine. Lol!

Here is a little something off the official website. That part I bolded goes along with the idea of them being seasonal homes.

Your Golden Oak Concierge
There's something rather delightful about being able to hand over your "Want To's" and "Must Do's" to someone who can orchestrate them into "Well Done's." And here, that special someone is your Golden Oak Concierge, just a call or click away. It will be their pleasure to take care of such arrangements as:
•Move-in services
Travel and private transportation
•Disney parks and special-event tickets
•Golf tee-times
•Dinner reservations
•Private VIP tours
•At-home dinners and parties
•Holiday home decorating
•Grocery shopping and errands
Pre-arrival and post-departure home maintenance services

Why would you need travel and private transportatio courtesy of Disney if you lived there all the time? The pre-arrival and post-departure home maintenance makes it sound like the take care of the house when the owner is not there.
When the parks are too crowded for me, I will come sit on your front lawn.... :thumbsup2

I read this from their site and wondered about the at home dinner parties & holiday home decorating... shopping and errands (will they go shopping for the home owners :cloud9:).. is concierge really going to plan & do this for people.. I need to move to Orlando and get a job in Golden Oaks.. I love spending other peoples money..:goodvibes
As far as the travel & private transportation, it could be to go to the parks as well. I see they do have the Pre-arrival & post departure home maintenance services.. maybe they are hoping they are used as vacation homes. I really cannot see them stating they must be.

At first I thought it was a joke. :sad2:

Then my mind jumped to thinking the crime statistics for WDW will rise with the addition of a permanent residential community. :lmao:

Finally I settled on slightly indignant acceptance. I mean, should I really be surprised? :rolleyes:

If the "owners" can only vacation in these homes and have to check in and out what is the difference between this and DVC? Except maybe the price and amenities.

I still think that it's interesting that the Four Seasons is providing a lot of the extras. I wonder what their cut will be.

I'm going to move this to the theme parks community board.

What town is Golden Oak in? (Kissimmee? Lake Buena Vista? Celebration?)

Would you own the property in fee simple or would you own just the house and pay rent for the land it is on? By the way, with Disney Vacation Club, you don't actually own anything; after 30 years or so your membership terminates.

I didn't realize that Kissimmee has forced busing. Together with de-annexing of Celebration from the Reedy Creek Improvement District this could have resulted in Celebration's children having to go to school outside the experimental prototype community of tomorrow.

Given that Golden Oak is a vacation community, if you bought a home there and your other home was in New Hampshire or wherever, does that mean you cannot use Florida resident tickets?

What town is Golden Oak in? (Kissimmee? Lake Buena Vista? Celebration?)

Would you own the property in fee simple or would you own just the house and pay rent for the land it is on? By the way, with Disney Vacation Club, you don't actually own anything; after 30 years or so your membership terminates.

I didn't realize that Kissimmee has forced busing. Together with de-annexing of Celebration from the Reedy Creek Improvement District this could have resulted in Celebration's children having to go to school outside the experimental prototype community of tomorrow.

Given that Golden Oak is a vacation community, if you bought a home there and your other home was in New Hampshire or wherever, does that mean you cannot use Florida resident tickets?

According to the website you will own the land and you will be under orange country, florida. As far as the town I think it will be lake buena vista since it is in Disney property close to Bay lake.
No where it states is just a vacation community this is something we were assuming for now. Thinking that they do private events for the people in the community and you get a special package for living in the community that probably includes tickets to the park. I don't think buying tickets will be an issue if you can afford a 8 million dollar home.

According to the website you will own the land and you will be under orange country, florida. As far as the town I think it will be lake buena vista since it is in Disney property close to Bay lake.
No where it states is just a vacation community this is something we were assuming for now. Thinking that they do private events for the people in the community and you get a special package for living in the community that probably includes tickets to the park. I don't think buying tickets will be an issue if you can afford a 8 million dollar home.

So i'm going back to post from a few pages ago.

Did or will they de-annex the land from the Reedy Creek Improvement District?

The government of the district and who can vote is based on land ownership.

So i'm going back to post from a few pages ago.

Did or will they de-annex the land from the Reedy Creek Improvement District?

The government of the district and who can vote is based on land ownership.

This I have no idea and ti doesn't state anywhere. But I think they probably have something figure out to make sure they don't vote maybe something along the lines that you have to own # acres of land to vote i don't know but I know disney wouldn't risk this people voting and I am sure they came up with something before they launch this development.

Golden Oaks seems like a wonderful place to live, but I'm very happy living in Disney's first community. And yes, Disney and the township still have a fair amount of control over the homes here. You still can't paint your home without approval, and no pink flamingos out on the lawn. But those rules keep everything "Neat and Pretty".

Celebration is still a very nice looking community, but it isn't what it was supposed to be. The homes are still very pricey there. When Disney owned it, they had strict rules on what you can do to your home. You could only paint it the colors they wanted, only put up certain decorations in your yard for holidays. I am not sure if they are still that way since taken over.

I find this to be an interesting decision. My husband and I might be moving to the area next spring for his career. He'd be commuting to Tampa but we wouldn't rule out somewhere that keeps me nice and close to Disney since I'm a SAHM and would love to have lots of days there with the kiddos.

Anyway, admittedly these houses are in our price range, but I would never move there. We like land and privacy. Even the highest priced homes only have 3/4 an acre. Unless some people are going to buy these as vacation homes, (I know some people who have vacation homes in this price range, not us) it just seems silly. We are lucky to be able to afford to live where we want, and although we love Disney, we wouldn't chose to live there 24/7. I just figure if I'm laying down lots of money for a home, it's going to be my design (or a beautiful unique older home), and I want privacy.

But then again there are lots of 1M-10M communities sprouting up in our city where the homes are all the same and on top of each other so some people must like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter