Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd read here that they were running buses from the skyliner station when the gondolas are not running. Just FYI, it happened yesterday and the skyliner buses were stopping in the regular bus stop (ESPN-Special Events stop). These buses go to Boardwalk-Riviera-Caribbean Beach.

I'd read here that they were running buses from the skyliner station when the gondolas are not running. Just FYI, it happened yesterday and the skyliner buses were stopping in the regular bus stop (ESPN-Special Events stop). These buses go to Boardwalk-Riviera-Caribbean Beach.
So Guests have to walk from BWI to Epcot or DHS-no direct buses to Epcot and DHS?

Thanks.

So Guests have to walk from BWI to Epcot or DHS-no direct buses to Epcot and DHS?

Thanks.
I only went to the Riviera but that's what a CM and the bus driver said. Note that this is for the skyliner bus, there was also a direct bus to Epcot, which departed almost at the same time. I'm not sure about frequency of the Epcot bus. I also made it to HS after closure and they were running BOTH the skyliner and direct buses back to POP (there was a huge line for the bus).

Fair warning, they aren't taking families of 6 now because of covid. Only 5 because you can't sit up front. We have to split up and I'm stressing about getting to hs tomorrow!
Good to know! We had a rental car on this last trip so didn’t need to use a ride share.

Thank you everyone for your help and experiences ... my biggest concern is I am not able to do the skyliner ... i use a scooter and just don't feel safe on the skyliner. I had seen info floating about there only being skyliner service to HS and when I called guest services this was confirmed ... however when i was sent to reservations to see what I could do about my reservation the cast member argued with me that there was in fact bus service available ... not sure what I should do
I was there literally the first three days Epcot and DHS reopened, which is why although I can give my experiences, I give them with the caveat that things may have changed. It’s a very fluid situation. When I was there, the only time they ran buses for Epcot and DHS was if the Skyliner was down. Now that CBR is open, that would put more pressure on the Skyliner. If they find that the lines at the CBR station are getting too long to maintain social distancing then I would expect buses to return at some point. However, this is not especially helpful for you because that change could come before, during, or after your stay. We just don’t know at this point.

If you are completely anti-Skyliner (some people are) then I would reconsider your resort choice. You can stay at Pop and use ride share, stay at Pop and rent a car, stay at Pop but only go to parks with bus service, or change resorts to one with other transportation. It would be nice to have a crystal ball and know exactly what the situation will be when you get there, but we don’t. You are the only one who can decide what compromises you are willing to make, and how much extra expense you can afford.

For the record, I am hoping they bring the buses back sooner than later.

I was there literally the first three days Epcot and DHS reopened, which is why although I can give my experiences, I give them with the caveat that things may have changed. It’s a very fluid situation. When I was there, the only time they ran buses for Epcot and DHS was if the Skyliner was down. Now that CBR is open, that would put more pressure on the Skyliner. If they find that the lines at the CBR station are getting too long to maintain social distancing then I would expect buses to return at some point. However, this is not especially helpful for you because that change could come before, during, or after your stay. We just don’t know at this point.

If you are completely anti-Skyliner (some people are) then I would reconsider your resort choice. You can stay at Pop and use ride share, stay at Pop and rent a car, stay at Pop but only go to parks with bus service, or change resorts to one with other transportation. It would be nice to have a crystal ball and know exactly what the situation will be when you get there, but we don’t. You are the only one who can decide what compromises you are willing to make, and how much extra expense you can afford.

For the record, I am hoping they bring the buses back sooner than later.

thank you so much ... I called this morning because this is not the resort we booked originally but our is still not reopened... I talked to a gem of a cast member and we are now staying in a cabin at fort wilderness ❤️

Anyone know what buildings there currently you are using at pop? I heard that not every year is currently being used.

Never been here before so I don't know if this is common, but if you plan to order dinner from the Food court, budget plenty of time. Since the parks close early and there's not a lot to do at night, it looked like they were way understaffed for the amount of people at the resort. It took me about 45 min to get a single dish of chicken parmesan pasta.

Still no airport service at Pop right? So you’d have to print your own boarding pass - or just wait until you get to MCO, and store your bags until your ME apmt and take bags with you yourself. I’d assume even if bell services isn’t open yet, if you want to get out to buses early, concierge could store your bags for you, and maybe print boarding passes?

Concierge at Value resorts = guest services. I wouldn't expect they would (be able to) store luggage.Luggage Assistance is open from 7 A.M. (I think) until 10 PM.

Concierge at Value resorts = guest services. I wouldn't expect they would (be able to) store luggage.Luggage Assistance is open from 7 A.M. (I think) until 10 PM.
I thought I one time had a front desk person offer to store my bag when arriving super early, despite luggage desk being closed. I guess it would depend on the CM.

FYI if you're doing grocery delivery - they charge $6 to bring them to your room from bell services. Kinda annoying. However, I did enjoy the applause we got from the employees last night when we got off dme. They were so happy to see us! 😊

FYI if you're doing grocery delivery - they charge $6 to bring them to your room from bell services. Kinda annoying.
Just to clarify, this is not related to the shutdown of pandemic in any way. This charge went into effect last year, and applied only when Bell Services brings your outside grocery delivery order to your room.

Well, it's official we just booked our flights for our November trip. I'm still a little apprehensive with the shorter hours and store and restaurant closures but I'm also excited to have something I love so much to look forward to.
We've only stayed at POP for our arrival nights before so I'm excited to see how it'll be to stay a week there. The Skyliner is a definite perk and I'm looking forward to wandering around and taking pictures of everything.

thank you so much ... I called this morning because this is not the resort we booked originally but our is still not reopened... I talked to a gem of a cast member and we are now staying in a cabin at fort wilderness ❤
I have stayed at Ft. Wilderness cabins in the past and really enjoyed it. It’s a very different resort experience and it’s tempting to skip the parks and just enjoy the peaceful resort. Glad you found an option that works for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter