Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Here now at POFQ. We love this resort and it's our second favorite, after AKL, which we've pretty much been priced out of.

We've been here since last Tuesday and have had trash + towel housekeeping exactly once, last Thursday. We did NOT opt out of housekeeping.

We should have had housekeeping, such as it is, at least two more times by now, but we have not. We just got back to the room and were quite surprised that yet again no housekeeping.

I called and asked housekeeping to come and give us towels and take out the trash, which I'm not sure they're going to do. I may have to take out the trash myself.

I didn't speak to housekeeping. I spoke to someone who answered the "Disney Services" phone line. This person said she'd contact housekeeping. There is no "housekeeping" button on the phone.

I'm unamused as I intended to wash my hair tonight, except I don't have enough towels until housekeeping shows up.

So discouraging. I realize that Disney is very short-staffed, but, really, for $300+/night there should be some kind of housekeeping service. One of the reasons we've run out of towels is that we've had to use them to clean the sinks and floor in the bathroom area, not exactly something I'm enthusiastic to do while I'm on vacation.

I have many nice things to say about POFQ. It's a beautiful resort, the bus service is great, the rooms are lovely, the boat rides are fun, etc., etc., etc.

But if there's this level of non-housekeeping they should either tell you up front that this is the case and/or lower the nightly cost of the room.
Had you done online check-in? When I did for our upcoming February start, I had to make a choice between no housekeeping, or "light cleaning every other day" (see screenshot). If you're not even getting that, I would go and speak to someone at the front desk in person.
Screenshot_20221212-192453.png

Had you done online check-in? When I did for our upcoming February start, I had to make a choice between no housekeeping, or "light cleaning every other day" (see screenshot). If you're not even getting that, I would go and speak to someone at the front desk in person.
View attachment 724795
Yes, we did online check-in. My sister did it. She doesn't remember the particulars of the online form, but there is no way in the galaxy that she would have declined housekeeping. Seriously no way.

Besides, we did have housekeeping on day 3 (Thursday). I mean, the trash + towels style housekeeping. We knew that was all there was. I mean, even at AKL, where we've stayed in the last year, there's only every-other-day trash + towels, and we had to beg for that as well, since we went for several days with zero housekeeping there in May.

I did end up going to the front desk. That's where I probably was when you were posting. Only after that did housekeeping finally arrive with towels. Meanwhile, I took out the trash myself.

If I wanted a minimal-services vacation, I could be staying in much cheaper accommodations. It's frustrating. I get that there are staffing problems here but that should be reflected in a reduced room rate. Instead, the room rates are higher than ever.

Yes, we did online check-in. My sister did it. She doesn't remember the particulars of the online form, but there is no way in the galaxy that she would have declined housekeeping. Seriously no way.

Besides, we did have housekeeping on day 3 (Thursday). I mean, the trash + towels style housekeeping. We knew that was all there was. I mean, even at AKL, where we've stayed in the last year, there's only every-other-day trash + towels, and we had to beg for that as well, since we went for several days with zero housekeeping there in May.

I did end up going to the front desk. That's where I probably was when you were posting. Only after that did housekeeping finally arrive with towels. Meanwhile, I took out the trash myself.

If I wanted a minimal-services vacation, I could be staying in much cheaper accommodations. It's frustrating. I get that there are staffing problems here but that should be reflected in a reduced room rate. Instead, the room rates are higher than ever.
It's also frustrating because people are reporting here that the Deluxes are getting housekeeping every day.

During our POFQ stay in July, we had no problem with housekeeping; they came every other day, and the few times we actually bumped into them, they were lovely.

Having said that, things happen, and December is not July. Given that most of the buttons on that room phone now go to a central call center for the Resort Hotels, I would take the time to pop down to the front desk, and start a conversation there.

I did end up going to the front desk. That's where I probably was when you were posting. Only after that did housekeeping finally arrive with towels.

Yes, that's what I was going to suggest too. As you said earlier, phone calls just go to an off-site call center and all they do is pass a message on.

Lack of housekeeping is mostly still a staffing issue (and poor training of any new starters they do get) and it's something they really need to get a grip on soon as it really knocks the resort guest experience - even though the prices still keep going up and up.

We had several issues with housekeeping on our last trip in August (POR not POFQ) including very poor support when my sister-in-law's young child was sick/wet the bed; it was only properly resolved by a visit to the Front Desk where a manager was very apologetic and arranged for an immediate housekeeping recovery visit and gave us all free QS meal vouchers as compensation.

Andre

I was at POFQ from 11/28-12/6....They empty the garbage and brought fresh towels every other day and on the 4th day, they cleaned the room, made the beds with fresh sheets and left lots of towels.

I didn't have my bed made or had the sheets changed at all, but they were OK with coming around with fresh towels and toilet rolls and taking the rubbish.

I would have gone down to the pool and taken some towels from there to be honest.

When do the refillable coffee canisters seem to be placed out in the morning? I've seen them out as much as 45 minutes before food court opening at the values and CBR, but that was before Covid. Any one have luck with early coffee. 7:00 is not early to my needing body.

Another related question: is there a refillable station at the pool bar, or only the food court? Thanks

We just left POFQ. We arrived 12/5 and housekeeping came every other day for towels and trash and made the beds twice, maybe three times? We did not check in online, but when we arrived

We were in building 2, third floor, room 2330. Lovely view! No complaints abput anything. Daily housekeeping would of course be better, but they were upfront about it. We even had a towel Mickey head when we checked in!

It's also frustrating because people are reporting here that the Deluxes are getting housekeeping every day.
Shades of Green and Swan and Dolphin both have full service, daily housekeeping and have since at least last Feb. Disney is being cheap and lazy. They could if they wanted to; they just don't feel like they have to mame it a priority.

When do the refillable coffee canisters seem to be placed out in the morning? I've seen them out as much as 45 minutes before food court opening at the values and CBR, but that was before Covid. Any one have luck with early coffee. 7:00 is not early to my needing body.

Another related question: is there a refillable station at the pool bar, or only the food court? Thanks
We're not coffee drinkers so no help for the 1st question.
But unless something has changed ( & I didn't see the post) there is no refill station at the pool. However the bartenders at Mardi Grogs did give me paper cups of Soda for DH to pour into his refillable mug( I had an Adult beverage 😉).The walk to the food court isn't far from the bar if we wanted more options.

We just left POFQ. We arrived 12/5 and housekeeping came every other day for towels and trash and made the beds twice, maybe three times? We did not check in online, but when we arrived

We were in building 2, third floor, room 2330. Lovely view! No complaints abput anything. Daily housekeeping would of course be better, but they were upfront about it. We even had a towel Mickey head when we checked in!
We were in building 2 as well. Second floor.

After I went to the front desk, housekeeping brought towels and also came and changed the sheets, etc. They called us and were very apologetic. I gather they are extremely short-staffed at the moment.

For those who have been recently.....Does POFQ still have the older style mini-fridge or have they changed to the newer glass door "beverage coolers?" I am starting my grocery list and I know the old style will fit a couple of milk half-gallons. Do the newer coolers even fit half gallons?

For those who have been recently.....Does POFQ still have the older style mini-fridge or have they changed to the newer glass door "beverage coolers?" I am starting my grocery list and I know the old style will fit a couple of milk half-gallons. Do the newer coolers even fit half gallons?
I don't know if my room's representative of all the rooms, but my room (building 2) still has the mini fridge. I guess a half-gallon container would fit, but I have no direct proof, since I don't have anything that large in the fridge.

The fridge in my room had a sticker saying it was a beverage cooler, but it looked and kept things cold like a fridge. I didn't have milk in there, but it kept my soda lovely and cold.

We'll be there in 48 hours!!! :cool1:

So the day of our arrival is the night that our 20-yr-old son's favorite college team has their bowl game. He had thought he would go to the ESPN Club to watch the game, but I had to tell him that it had closed. Other than our room, is there anywhere else to watch games? We're don't drink, so I've never been in the bar at POFQ (or anywhere else at Disney, for that matter) to know if they have TVs. (That's one thing I absolutely love about being at Disney - the lack of TVs everywhere. It is part of the Disney bubble for me.) We have an ADR at Whispering Canyon for dinner and I want to go to see the gingerbread house at GF, but I'm happy to tell him where to go to find a group of folks watching the game. He knows how to get around with Disney transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter