do you regret buying into DVC or are you happy?

disguy1

Mouseketeer
Just tryying to see the pros & cons before I put my money on the table and buy in to SSR before 1/20....thanks in advance

My only regret is all the time I wasted researching DVC when I could've just come on here and asked if it was worth it.

We purchased 10 years ago, and it has been one of the best decisions we have ever made! It took us two contracts before we really got the "perfect" number of points for us, but we seem to be just about right, since we occationally borrow, and occationally bank. We take 2-3 trips a year and get annual passes. WDW has become our second home through DVC!!:cool1:

I always have buyer's remorse after everything I buy...but not DVC. I just purchased in December and I feel it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. After two years of going to WDW and paying a few thousand on the resort and already talking about going on another trip while we were already on our trip....I decided I had enough of wasting money! I already want to add on more points :rolleyes1

My only regret is all the time I wasted researching DVC when I could've just come on here and asked if it was worth it.

DVC Membership $15,000.00 Plus, Charging it on the Disney Visa Card, Bonus Points! :teacher:

Rinkwide's One Liners, set to show tunes, PRICELESS!!! :lmao:

We purchased 9 years ago. We're very glad we did. Don't have a ton of points (200), but it gives us about 3 stays over 2 years.

We bought in 2002 and only regret we didn't buy more points! I also would have bought earlier in life if I had known about DVC.

We became members nearly 6 years ago and my only regret was not buying more points when they were 72 or was it 71 dollars a point.

I've been back and forth on this lately but I'd say we feel it was a good decison for the most part.

The struggle lately has been with having to plan so far ahead. I don't like that part at all. With the onset of the DDP we even have been forced to start considering making ADR's (we've never done that before arrival in the past).

Now with my son starting school in the fall we've considered selling the last of our points. We might hang in there to see but we will not travel during school breaks or the summer. This might make DVC inconvenient for us. We have no problem taking our son out of school but with the high weekend point requirements you end up missing a whole week doing the Sun. - Thursday. Paying cash we could do a 4-5 day stay over a weekend and only have to take our son out of school for a few days.

We'll see how it plays out but we can envision selling for these reasons in the coming years.

If you can plan well in advance and don't mind being scheduled on vacation for meals or getting counter service or cooking in then DVC can be a good choice. We've been happy for the most part and don't regret purchasing.

You realize your asking the believers if they believe, don't you?

We of course are happy and recently purchased an additional resale contract. The flexibility within the DVC system is great and we like being on site at WDW.

There is a great thread that is on the DVC operations board that someone may point you to. Since the search function has changed I can't find anything!

If you haven't heard the phrases "Buy where you want to stay", "points are points", "Banking and Borrowing", "smaller contracts are better", "X might be the best UY for you", you might want to read a bit on that board.

Just tryying to see the pros & cons before I put my money on the table and buy in to SSR before 1/20....thanks in advance

yo're not gonna see many CONS from this group, me included......:banana:

I sent you a PM with some info. Good luck in your decision.

For us we didn't regret it, but have had enough. Does that make sense? We used our membership for 5 years and now we have just sold. I just had enough of having some "not up to par" rooms and making excuses for it when I feel it is too early in the game to have this. I do feel, I know I am in the minority, that if you pay cash you are better heard if there is a problem. I have also stayed in regular deluxe rooms and not had as many cleanliness problems as I have with DVC. Again it is just my opinion. My kids are getting older and although we will still go to WDW every few years instead of multiple trips per year, we also now go to Universal for the thrill rides. In my opinion, Portifino Bay is much nicer than any of the properties on site at WDW. The room was immaculate and the property was very kept up. I do not like Universal better than WDW as far as the parks, but the hotel was nicer, again it's my opinion. I know this is not a very popular opinion, especially here. I do not love WDW any less because I chose to sell, but I wanted to sell while I could and while DVC was still as popular. It was sad for me to pay a monthly assessment and not have a clean room, many times, or not have trash/towel when I was supposed to, etc. Again, I could go get my own towels/dump my own trash, but that isn't the point. I was tired of making excuses when things weren't quite right. I'm glad we did it (DVC) but I am also glad to now be out of it. We didn't sell to get rid of a payment either as our DVC was bought with cash. You will know the right decision for your family. I just thought I would give you another perspective.

We're so happy with our DVC membership, we're currently awaiting ROFR on 150 more points! :thumbsup2 Our family is growing (4 grandkids and one more due in May) and we love the idea of sharing the magic with the little ones. And we have enough points for our adults only trips too!

My husband jokes that he'd love to retire, but he loves vacations more! :goodvibes

Everytime we go to disney we stay at one of the Deluxe resorts. The cost of the deluxe room alone is double or more what the maintenance fees are for SSR during Disney's peak season. We toured SSR last summer and the rooms are beautiful, the complex has a full spa and golf nearby and is right across from downtown Disney! We just joined and have no regrets!

Good point. Asking people if they like DVC on this board is pretty much a foregone conclusion. After all, if someone regretted buying DVC, they'd sell their DVC and wouldn't hang out on this board, would they?

So yeah, we're glad we bought and it is 100% worth it. :thumbsup2

We prefer staying in 2br villa/condos on vacation, boys do better in their own room & with their own beds. This will be a even bigger plus when they get older! Having enough room is a big priority for us, I really don't consider cramming all of us into one hotel room a vacation, too stressful for me.

Will we go to the parks every visit No! Will we use points to visit VB & HH yes. I will use DVC as a home base if we go down for the Rolex 24 race or any of the NASCAR races at Daytona.

Granny wrote:

Good point. Asking people if they like DVC on this board is pretty much a foregone conclusion. After all, if someone regretted buying DVC, they'd sell their DVC and wouldn't hang out on this board, would they?

Actually I still occasionally hang out on this board. Just because I sold, doesn't mean I don't love WDW. She asked for both sides so that is why I wrote. Again, just my opinion which she can take or leave but as always, there is two sides to every coin, DVC included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter