do you regret buying into DVC or are you happy?

i will most likely buy in by 1/20 into SSR..i have a 10yo daughter and we come here anyway..seems worth it

A little over 9 yrs ago we did a very good thing. Only we should have bought a few more OKW points then. $50 a point was a very good thing compared to $101.

wow..i can certainly see how it has gone up. i always ignored that DVC booth in the values untill recently..i always thought it was really expensive. Now i know what its really about...thanks

For us we didn't regret it, but have had enough. Does that make sense? We used our membership for 5 years and now we have just sold. I just had enough of having some "not up to par" rooms and making excuses for it when I feel it is too early in the game to have this. I do feel, I know I am in the minority, that if you pay cash you are better heard if there is a problem. I have also stayed in regular deluxe rooms and not had as many cleanliness problems as I have with DVC. Again it is just my opinion.

I agree with your statements - we sold our BCV a few months ago ! Honestly, besides the cleanliness issues and feeling like we aren't treated as valued guests, , the sleeper sofa became part of the deal breaker! We just decided that at WDW ,we prefer the rooms as well as the customer service at the Deluxes. Having said that, we just purchased a smaller contract at Vero - we love it there and enjoy staying in an Inn room with 2 real beds!! The CM's are great!

never a regret, i researched it for years before we could afford it, so when we were ready the decision had already been made. I don't even complain when i have to write the check for the dues, because i know i'm getting a great room for the money:cool1: :woohoo: :cloud9:

No regrets. Not one. Just had our first DVC trip (OKW) and it was all I dreamed it would be. We first looked into it in 2000 but didn't have the cash upfront so we waited. Plus, at that point, we were park commandos and were hardly in the room. Now, we're real laid back and I can see us going down and not even entering a park! (yikes!)

Our one regret is that we toured the boardwalk villas in 1999 and *almost* bought, but we'd just had our first kid and we weren't sure if we'd enjoy Disney as much with kids as we did on our own (I know, it sounds crazy, but we really did have that thought).

So we waited a few years until both kids were, um, 4 and 5, realized that we were STILL going to Disney constantly, and bought a resale at vwl.

I WISH we had bought back in 1999!!!!

the only downside I see is that serious illness that attacks us owners - it's called "addonitis" :rotfl: seriously!!

just back from a 3 day trip and added on 50 points. seemed too good a deal to pass and as we all know, the longer you wait, the more it will cost. my fiance and I bought - on impulse - last year when we were at WL on cash ressies.. haven't regretted it one minute. three trips last year - 3 this year - and so far 1 planned for '08.

I love how Disney makes me feel and DVC allows me the freedom and financial relief to explore my inner child and escape from life's daily stress...in a 1 bedroom jacuzzi suite :cloud9:

Michelle :thumbsup2

wilderness you and princess - should have brought OKW when it was new and call DVC.

I am not in any way rich.

I brought DVC more for my DM, DB, DNe, DNi - than me. was happy at cheap places.

DVC then was an eye opener. the bus drivers would give you their schedules. the housekeeping would be there in 5 minutes if there were anything they could help with - same for maintence.

that first few years - it was wonderful!!!! then it got bigger and the little things had to go away.

there have been times with the parks, as well as DVC, wasn't that great - but they always came back.

did you both own at BCV?

anyway I brought in 1993 and still pretty happy. still love OKW - now I have had a few bad rooms - like this last time. but on the whole I have superior rooms.

OKW has a full size washer/dryer and the rooms are bigger.

Happy as clams!! love it!!! Great decision for our family and well worth the investment. We make GREAT family memories together that we reflect on the rest of the year.

How I wish we would have done it earlier!!!

yo cat .. i bought in 94 . happy as a clam. not to happy that i cant chat the sh t with the bartender about whats new about disney,, it comes with the times..

We bought 3 contracts for a total of 330 points last year and we're waiting for DVC to start selling points at the new AKV so we can buy more. Yeah, we're happy we finally bought into DVC. Should have done it YEARS ago but I never looked at it since I had such a low opinion of timeshares in general. What a fool I was.

My goodness, no. Best thing I ever did. However, I visit WDW and Disney destinations quite often.

We've stayed at SSR once already, and LOVED it!!! However, I have two regrets: 1) Not buying in sooner (we just bought in August 2006) because it would have paid for itself already in our many trips since 2001; and 2) Selling back my first year's points (We sold back our points, and the following month, DH says " why don't we go to WDW for a couple days?- I had to borrow points, so when I add on, I will not sell a year back!.....okay, so that doesn't really count for regretting buying into DVC, does it!?

I have never regretted my decision to purchase my DVC membership in December 1995. My only regrets are not doing it sooner, or buying about 50 points more.

I use my membership to visit WDW a couple times of year. It is clearly my second home. I love wearing my DVC member hats and being greeted all around WDW by CM's with an enthusiastic "Welcome Home."

I can't wait to go home for Super Bowl Sunday. :happytv:

Only regret is that we didn't buy sooner!

We bought in in 1997. Could never get a better deal anywhere. Wish we bought more points! We come 3-4 times a year and buy annual passes. We alternate between the studio and the one bedroom. We also utilize the annual pass savings at the value resorts for some of the days (cash). As you know the points are way higher for Friday and Saturday than for the rest of the week. We plan around this to get the best value!

:teeth: This in me. Very happy.

:jumping1: These are my inlaws who's investment has doubled since they joined, in addition to taking 10 years of great vacations.

No regrets what so ever! We love our DVC which we purchased in 2001. We own at VWL and SSR. We do wish we had not thought that someone was just trying to sell us some silly "timeshare" in 1994. THAT we regret!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter