• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do You Trust the Media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are numerous videos of what happened in Charlottesville. Google and you will see. There are even videos of her in the crowd, so my question is where is the one that does show her hit?
OK, for the sake of argument, because I don't feel like going through all the video that has a bunch of people in it looking for one particular person, I'll grant you there is no video showing her being hit. OK. Fine. Does that mean you think she wasn't hit by the car? It's a simple question. I find it telling you're refusing to answer.

Her Facebook page.
Her FB page said "she was ready to commit violence"? Anything particular on her FB page? Did she have a comment that she was going to bash heads or anything? You complain about the media not being trustworthy, but you won't support your statements.

So then you believe that death by car (clearly the car was going forward and then backing up in at least one instance) is justified in some cases?

When surrounded by people holding bats and bashing your car with it, yes. Another video that was shown on tv numerous times, was the beating of Reginald Denny. Read about what happened to Michael Griffith, he ran onto a highway.

OK, for the sake of argument, because I don't feel like going through all the video that has a bunch of people in it looking for one particular person, I'll grant you there is no video showing her being hit. OK. Fine. Does that mean you think she wasn't hit by the car? It's a simple question. I find it telling you're refusing to answer.

Her FB page said "she was ready to commit violence"? Anything particular on her FB page? Did she have a comment that she was going to bash heads or anything? You complain about the media not being trustworthy, but you won't support your statements.

And hey, even if she was keen to bash Nazi heads in, that still doesn't mean she deserved to be deliberately run over.

8a2eac2b-bc24-44cb-83d4-19166a2cf46e.png

When surrounded by people holding bats and bashing your car with it, yes. Another video that was shown on tv numerous times, was the beating of Reginald Denny. Read about what happened to Michael Griffith, he ran onto a highway.

If you can drive your car away, without running people over and killing them, you must. The trial will determine if he had that option.

The 1992 attack on Reginald Denny and the 1986 attack on Michael Griffith are not relevant to this discussion.

So you think protesting against neo-nazis is a bad thing?

What kind of person are you? Because I say that going to a protest in anticipation of committing violence is not right, you think that I support not protesting neo-Nazis? I believe in peaceful protests.

Last edited:

And hey, even if she was keen to bash Nazi heads in, that still doesn't mean she deserved to be deliberately run over.

8a2eac2b-bc24-44cb-83d4-19166a2cf46e.png

If you can drive your car away, without running people over and killing them, you must. The trial will determine if he had that option.

The 1992 attack on Reginald Denny and the 1986 attack on Michael Griffith are not relevant to this discussion.

Why are they not relevant? Because you say they aren’t? Denny lived, but was injured severely, Griffith was pursued by people with bats. Both were on roads and both were innocents.

Why are they not relevant? Because you say they aren’t? Denny lived, but was injured severely, Griffith was pursued by people with bats. Both were on roads and both were innocents.

Because one was in the 80's and the other was in the 90's, and neither has anything to do with this particular case.

I wrote, "If you can drive your car away, without running people over and killing them, you must. The trial will determine if he had that option."

Do you disagree with that statement?

It's been a long time but did Denny and Griffith's story have ANYTHING to do with what the media did or did not report correctly, which is the topic of this thread? I'm trying to link this all together. So I'm seeing that we possibly have a media conspiracy (along with the witnesses, the police force, and coroner) making stuff up so one side looks bad in Charlottesville, VA. Did this happen in the other cases too?

Because one was in the 80's and the other was in the 90's, and neither has anything to do with this particular case.

I wrote, "If you can drive your car away, without running people over and killing them, you must. The trial will determine if he had that option."

Do you disagree with that statement?

No, I don’t disagree. Then you must agree that if he was surrounded, and in fear of his life then he had a right to gun it?

No, I don’t disagree. Then you must agree that if he was surrounded, and in fear of his life then he had a right to gun it?

Well, sure.

So was he surrounded? I don't know.

Could he have left peaceably? I don't know.

These are things the trial will (hopefully) determine. I personally have no need to sit behind my computer analyzing video of that awful day, questioning the character and motivations of the deceased, and demanding absent video footage. YMMV.

I don't trust any one media source for one hundred percent honesty, one hundred percent of the time. That's why I generally try to get my news from a variety of sources, so I get a complete picture from all sides.

Well, sure.

These are things the trial will (hopefully) determine. I personally have no need to sit behind my computer analyzing video of that awful day, questioning the character and motivations of the deceased, and demanding absent video footage. YMMV.

Sure as heck doesn't look like it in this video

Well, sure.

I have books to read and trips to plan. So I don’t spend 24 hours a day looking for videos of things. Sometimes I when I read something that has caught my attention I try my best to find out what happened. I believe in peaceful protests, dialogue if things can be worked out, and hate lies that feed into prejudice and violence. Life is the thing that matters and peace to enjoy life.

Interesting thing about how this thread has turned out...about trusting the media.

I just did a quick internet search using keywords such as Heather Heyer and death and the top returns were about reports of "fringe media" sites and alt-right groups trying to discredit the death in any way possible in order to absolve the guy who did it, and ultimately, the side that was protesting removal of the statues. Somehow THAT type of *media* is believed, hook, line and sinker. I'm just not sure what that says about people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter