Dole Whip - I've been missing out

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
I'm not sure when I first heard about Dole Whip in the parks but it was years ago. I never had any interest in trying it, even though I LOVE pineapple, because I assumed it would be too sweet and I'm not particularly fond of pineapple juice.

I tried it last week for the first time and boy, have I been missing out all these years. Now it will be a must have every trip. I may need to buy one every MK day to make up for all the years without.

Do they have the same Dole Whip at Poly? Is there anywhere else on property to get them?

Yeah, your life will never be the same. :hyper: You can get them at Pineapple Lanai at the Poly as well as at Tamu Tamu refreshments in Animal Kingdom (with or without rum by the way).

Ah, welcome to the Dole Whip fan club. Just so you know, from now on your first stop on any trip will be to the Aloha Isle! (I can't answer your question about other locations, sorry.)

I also discovered Dole Whip on my most recent trip to WDW. Can't believe I was missing out for all these years!

Yeah, your life will never be the same. :hyper: You can get them at Pineapple Lanai at the Poly as well as at Tamu Tamu refreshments in Animal Kingdom (with or without rum by the way).
Only other place I can add is they may or may not be available in Epcot at the Promenade Refreshment stand or Refreshment Port stands. They may only be options during F&G or F&W

Yes, it is the same....it is served at the Pineapple Lanai at the Poly, at Tamu Tamu at Animal Kingdom (you can get it here with rum). It can also be found at Epcot during the Flower and Garden festival. I'm not sure about other times though.

If you have an Orange Leaf frozen yogurt near you, they make a very close substitute to it that I get once in awhile in order to satisfy the occasional craving.

I'm one of the few people who don't like them but I've heard on occasion they can be had at the pool bar at the YC, they aren't called Dole Whip but they are the same thing. From what I understand it's not always there.

as well as at Tamu Tamu refreshments in Animal Kingdom (with or without rum by the way).

Can you happen to tell me if this is clear or spiced rum? We aren't going to AK during our next trip, but I'm thinking we could swing by Poly and some how make this happen on our own...

FWIW, they have changed the ingredients in them at least 3 times since 2007. The flavor has changed, too. When I very first tried it I found the taste to be utterly vile. Like what I imagine pineapple-flavored melted plastic to taste like. Now they are a little better. So you might not have liked them at all before.

Can you happen to tell me if this is clear or spiced rum? We aren't going to AK during our next trip, but I'm thinking we could swing by Poly and some how make this happen on our own...
There are 2 kinds, dark rum or coconut rum

Do NOT like pineapple...for me it's just the texture of the fruit, but I am fine with the flavor of pineapple or juice. After gathering info about Dole Whips on here before our last trip, I tried one and yummmmmm!!! Maybe this upcoming trip I will try it with the rum!

Mmmmmm. Dole Whip. I am 52 days away from my precious:) I got a float for the first time last trip and loved it. It was so refreshing. Be sure that you get pineapple, because some of the locations sell pineapple only, pineapple/vanilla soft serve swirl, or vanilla only. I like the pure elixer:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter