!!!! Early Roll Call for January 21 2006 Eastern Magic Cruise !!!!

Crystal,,,,

Old cure for being sick and this is not a joke.... Keep from getting sick... Drink red italian wine... home made if you can get your hands on it... If not get as close to the real stuff as you can.... Seems to cure everything... I drink one glass of red italian wine twice a week.... Took care of my sniffles overnight. And I've not been sick with any cold symptoms. I've just started and it seems to be working wonders. Old italian woman told me about it. Old cure she said. Personally I think it's the level of alcohol that kills any bacteria that's thinking of creeping up on ya.lol

Becky

Just checking in one last time before the cruise. It is a little after 4:00 a.m. here. We are heading down to the airport within the next half hour. Hope everyone has nice flights down (or drive if you are not flying).

Can you believe it is already here? :cool1: :banana:

See everyone on Saturday for the meet during the Sailaway Party. Deck 10, starboard (execpt Lisa, I think it is Deck 1, aft - engine room :rotfl2: ).

Jeff

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just checked the forecast for St. Martin and St. Thomas and both are calling for rain showers from today through next Thursday. :guilty: Still warm though which is definitely better than what we have here! Hopefully it will brighten up for us. Everyone ask for some pixie dust!

I just did the old online check-in for our flights tomorrow and have our boarding passes in my hand. Now we wait!

Lisa, don't worry too much about the rain showers. There is almost always a chance for rain there, but it won't be a rain out. If it does rain it is a short shower and then the sun comes out again.

Plus per Jeff if it rains on Saturday during the sail away party and meet, you won't get wet on deck 1 in the engine room :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Craig

Hi,

I'm getting ready to head to the Airport. Wish me luck I'm traveling with two excited DDs that never have flown. They are exited and nervous.

It's still windy here but not as bad as yesterday!!!

Safe travels to you all. See you soon!

Everyone have safe travels we leave in the EARLY AM and will get to WDW around noonish so we are in overdrive today getting all those last things done I have to take my puppy to the kennel( I have NEVER boarded a pet in my life) so that should be fun she is going to get fixed and chipped while we are gone so am hopeing she is calmer when we return( Hey I can always DREAM right?):rotfl2: DD is alittle better today so keeping fingers crossed it was only a 24 hour thing and that the rest of us don't get it.

Had to have DH unpack the suitcases cuz he packed our DIS bracelets:rotfl: he was NOT happy!!!

C'ya REAL SOON!!!!

clewert said:
Everyone have safe travels we leave in the EARLY AM and will get to WDW around noonish so we are in overdrive today getting all those last things done I have to take my puppy to the kennel( I have NEVER boarded a pet in my life) so that should be fun she is going to get fixed and chipped while we are gone so am hopeing she is calmer when we return( Hey I can always DREAM right?):rotfl2: DD is alittle better today so keeping fingers crossed it was only a 24 hour thing and that the rest of us don't get it.

Had to have DH unpack the suitcases cuz he packed our DIS bracelets:rotfl: he was NOT happy!!!

C'ya REAL SOON!!!!

Crystal- Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better. Travel safe :Pinkbounc

the4nitz's said:
Lisa, don't worry too much about the rain showers. There is almost always a chance for rain there, but it won't be a rain out. If it does rain it is a short shower and then the sun comes out again.

Plus per Jeff if it rains on Saturday during the sail away party and meet, you won't get wet on deck 1 in the engine room :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Craig
HA! :p

I can't even write back some snappy answer to him since he's hopefully in Orlando by now!

Oh well. If it rains, it rains. I'm still on the Disney cruise! :banana:

We are driving to Port Canaveral tomorrow morning! Can't believe it's finally here!

I have a a cart similiar to this:

B00007E83L.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and planned on putting a case of bottled water, a case of soda, and a case of beer (bottles in two 12 pack boxes). Can I just walk on like that? Will they give us a problem with bringing them like that, or should I put the 12 packs into soft sided coolers?

We are staying at the Radisson and will take their shuttle over.....then grab a porter. Will I even need the cart, or can the porter just take each of the cases?

My brain has already left the building but the work keeps flying in the door!! Don't know how I will wrap it all up before tomorrow at noon. Oh well, I know the place can survive a week without me! And it will all be here when I get back.

Headed out to the doc today for one last bloodwork check before I leave. Took DS for his 7 yr well check this morning and he had a red throat. Strep test was negative, but I am taking DD in this afternoon just to check her out before leaving. I don't want them to be sick!!!

I finally booked my hotel for tomorrow night. Decided to visit my cousin on the way back to Orlando so we will head to Port Canaveral in the evening when we land. I got the Hilton Cocoa Beach for $77 on hotwire. It is oceanfront and sounds nice. Wish we had more time to enjoy it, but the beaches we are headed to will be MUCH better!!

unixadm said:
We are driving to Port Canaveral tomorrow morning! Can't believe it's finally here!

I have a a cart similiar to this:

B00007E83L.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and planned on putting a case of bottled water, a case of soda, and a case of beer (bottles in two 12 pack boxes). Can I just walk on like that? Will they give us a problem with bringing them like that, or should I put the 12 packs into soft sided coolers?

We are staying at the Radisson and will take their shuttle over.....then grab a porter. Will I even need the cart, or can the porter just take each of the cases?

Any of the refeshments that you bring, you will need to carry with you onto the ship. They will not allow any in or with your checked luggage. So whatever you bring as carry on item (refreshments) you put through security screening and then carry with you till you are allowed to go to your room. (1:30pm) I hope this makes some sense.

Craig

Craig,

Thanks for the info....that is very helpful.

I don't have a problem pulling it with me until we get into our room if that is what I have to do....I just want to make sure they will let me take it on board. I've read that there are signs saying "No Alcohol, and since they sell water service on board, I didn't know if they would allow me to carry my own on.

I was under the impression that we could bring drinks on the ship but we couldn't bring them back off. We are planning on stopping at getting a few things on the way to the ship so we are not flying with anything. If we can't bring Rum and stuff like that please let me know ASAP ::MinnieMo

Got some last minute things to get done at home since DH is staying here but just wanted to tell everyone to have a save trip and we'll see you Sat.

As far as I know, you can bring alcohol onboard unless that has changed recently :confused3 . We are all packed, car loaded and ready to leave at 3:45am Friday for the drive to the airport. If all goes good, we will be in Orlando by noon Friday. :cool1: :cool1:

Craig

the4nitz's said:
As far as I know, you can bring alcohol onboard unless that has changed recently :confused3 . We are all packed, car loaded and ready to leave at 3:45am Friday for the drive to the airport. If all goes good, we will be in Orlando by noon Friday. :cool1: :cool1:

Craig

Craig,
Are taking Hwy 41 or I 43 to the airport?

Brett

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter