!!!! Early Roll Call for January 21 2006 Eastern Magic Cruise !!!!

unixadm said:
...and planned on putting a case of bottled water, a case of soda, and a case of beer (bottles in two 12 pack boxes). Can I just walk on like that? Will they give us a problem with bringing them like that, or should I put the 12 packs into soft sided coolers?

You may need to be a little more discreet. A couple of years ago I was carrying a box with a handle that could hold up to six bottles of wine. On the side were the words 'The Wine People'. I was stopped by security and told I could bring it on but had to hide it with a coat or something. He told me it was OK it bring alcohol on it just can't be out in the open.

What I heard later is a while back someone with a portable dolly was wheeling about 10 cases of beer through the port and someone took a picture and it either ended up in the paper or on the news. Well that didn't sit well with upper management.

the4nitz's said:
Brett Were taking 41 down to the airport.

Craig
Well, when you get to Fond du Lac, at the airport, look at the road on the left, we're down about 4 blocks...we'll be waving :wave2: Have a safe trip.....See ya soon.

Brett

HMoon said:
You may need to be a little more discreet.

Thanks for the heads up.....I will cover it up, just to be on the safe side.

Well...see you all soon. :cool1:

We just finished packing everything in my truck, I'm finishing up last minute stuff, and it's off to bed. :cheer2:

Getting up at 4:15 am to head out by 5:00am. About an 8 hour drive.

SAFE TRAVELS, EVERYONE!

I haven't had a chance to check on the messages, so I am not sure if anyone else is here yet (I am at brothers and he has dial up. There is no way I can check messages, I have NO patience when it comes to that). ANyway, I am actually in Sarasota right now (west coast side of FL). We will be heading to the port tomrrow. When we get to the hotel, I will be able to catch up on posts. I can't wait to meet everyone. I know I am not a "regular" here, but I am still excited to meet everyone.

Cari

P.S. I am the only one that stayed up until 4 am packing?? Even thought I swore up and down that I would not wait till the last minute, I did. For the 4 of us we have 8 bags! (and they are pretty big)! That is insane, if I would of taken time I would of only needed half of that. But for some reason I can not bring myself to not overpack. It is horrible!! I need help!! Anyone else belong to OPA (Over Packers Anonymous) :guilty: ? We have been on quite a few trips, and hardly ever use half of what I pack. You would think I would learn by now .

Cari

Gosh,

I have packed like crazy today.... and just finished with packing. OK it's offical now I'm insane to have packed so much.... lol... :banana: :banana: But hey us girls gotta have at least 40 matching outfits. Hear what I'm saying. LOL Mallory has just one duffle bag for all her shoes... LOL YOu should have heard John whining. :scared1: They aren't going to let us on the plane ... it will never be able to take off the ground... Mallory alone looks like Paris Hilton traveling. Good thing the dog went to the Kennels... (Can you picture our 80 lbs yellow lab in a doggie tote? LOL) Of course the doggie tote would have to match Mallory's new hot pink suitcases. LOL> Well I guess I will be the last thread to sign off ... getting passports and heading to bed.

See ya there,

Becky :bounce:

WOW it's too early here. We are leaving to go to the airport in the next few minutes. Brett we will be watching for you as we pass through Fondulac. See you all on the Mickey boat SATURDAY. Safe travels to all.

Craig

We're on our way! DW is driving, kids are playing video games/watching movies, and I am relaxing in the passenger seat for now until I take over in a few hours.

Didn't do bad at all with having DS5 and DS3. Got up at 4:15, on the road at 5:30am! I had planned for 5:00, hoping for 5:30 but figuring we would make it by 6:00. Made it just as I hoped.

Should be in Port Canaveral around 2 or 2:30pm with stops for lunch, a few breaks, etc.

Gotta love Verizon EVDO and the Treo 700W.....Have it tethered to my laptop and I am at high speed network speeds while driving.

Can't wait to meet all of you tomorrow. Those staying at the Radisson, let me know if there is some get together later today or early this evening.

See you all soon!

As I sit here and yawn from lack of sleep. I finally got all the suitecases packed and unpacked and repacked. I took about half of what I put in back out trying to train myself. Fighting a headache now from not enough rest....I NEED A CRUISE!!!. Hoping to scoot out of here about 12ish to run the last minute errands of bank, post office, drug store and to get my sash for my pirate outfit....oh the things we do for a vacation. We are staying at the airport hotel tonight for an early am flight tomorrow. I can't wait to meet everyone. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Jim and I are at the hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach. Very nice flights coming down and our towncar driver was great! I made my beer run and I am a happy camper. We have a balcony overlooking the beach...it doesn't get any better than that. For those not here yet, have safe travels and we will see you tomorrow.

Greetings from the Milw. airport, on our way, finally, seeing you all in Fla soon....Craig, did you see us waving???

Brett

We are in the Radisson at Port Canaveral. Very nice resort. In the morning, hopefully, we will be able to see the ship from our room.

What time is everyone getting to port? The early shuttle is at 10:00am. Too early, too late, or just right?

Well, I'm almost packed! I'm so jealous of all of you that have already begun your vacations! Good for you! :banana:

Glad to see that so far everyone has enjoyed a smooth trip to Florida. I just talked to my mom in Michigan...she said the forecast calls for 10 inches of snow! Yikes. :cold:

See you all soon! Let's hear it for MAGICal vacations all around. :wizard:

Welcome home! Even with the rough seas and iffy weather, we managed to enjoy another Magical cruise with Disney. :bounce: I hope that you all had a great week, as well. :thumbsup2

We left our green bracelets on our breakfast table (ironically, we placed them there so that we wouldn't forget...early dementia! :p We ended up going out to breakfast...doh!), but we managed to meet several of you anyway! Lisa, once again, great job pulling it all together. :yay: Gydell--Henry says "hello" to Brent!

I'm on the third load of laundry and the little guy is ready for lunch. Where's Topsiders when you need it?! ;)

Hey Guys,

Made it back home to Wisc. about an hour ago.....going to be able to watch the Magic leave soon.... trip report to follow.

Brett

We made it back as well!

Wow! What a terrific trip. It was wonderful to be so engaged with everyone in advance. The green bracelets were a great way to get connected. Thanks again Lisa! :thumbsup2

I have several pics of Disfriends. We have not downloaded them from the camera yet, but I know I have some of Craig and family, our DS Hayden and Brett's son Kyle, and of course the folks at Palo brunch. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will get those out to you. Or, if you prefer, I can send a hardcopy to you via regular mail if that works better. If so, let me know your physical address and I will send them out.

You will all be immortalized in our scrapbook! Thanks for a wonderful trip!!! :sunny: :banana: :smooth:

I can't believe it's already over! I'm so glad to have met you all. I can't thank everyone for all their advice and input (with exception of Jeff, ahem....) ;)

I'm glad the bracelets were such a hit. It was so fun to recognize people all over the place! We have ours to the servers and concierges too!

It was such a shock to use money yesterday and not hand over my KTTW card! It'll be more of a shock when I have to get my DD to the bus stop by 7:28 am tomorrow!

Piper - I look forward to seeing the pic of us at lunch!

I can't wait to print all our pics and starting cropping!

We're home (about an hour ago). It was nice to meet everyone we did.

We enjoyed Saturday in the parks (AK - left after a couple of hours, too crowded; EPCOT - to get some lunch and take DS on a couple of rides; then to MK for Spectro and hit the rides we didn't do prior to the cruise).

Today we slept in and then went swimming at PO-R. It was another beautiful day in Orlando.

Had a 7:00 p.m. flight out and was back in MKE at 8:30.

Now back to work tomorrow. Luckily only 4 days this week and next (DS off school).

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter