!!!! Early Roll Call for January 21 2006 Eastern Magic Cruise !!!!

We got home a last night....went from the Magic Saturday morning over to Animal Kingdom to ride Expedition Everest and spend the day there, then over to Magic Kingdom for the evening....drove home yesterday.

Whew...are we tired!

I enjoyed meeting those who I was able to catch up with (Special thanks to Lisa and to Jeff and his family). I will give a detailed report this week, but in the meantime, you can all check out my tons of photos

HERE!

Note: There are 13 pages of thumbnails...you may have to scroll down to see the arrows to change pages...or you can just click on the first picture, then scroll to each photo from there.

Enjoy!

Hey everybody we got home EARLY this AM so busy already unpacking and man am I TIRED. Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone I LOOKED for the green at the sailaway but couldn't find you guys:confused3 but I did meet Heather (saw the kids outfits and was like those look familiar) :rotfl: Met someone elses wife but don't remember her name:confused3 but thats it so was pretty bumbed about that. We had a good time though other than DS getting an ear infection and having to go to the DR. on board which cost a pretty penny. OH I won bingo 2 times $39 the first time and then at the very last games I won $560:cool1: Thanks Piper for the resos for Palo we loved it and ate WAY to much:teeth:

Well its off to unpacking again

Back at work - ugh! And just finishing my lunch break. We had a great time but would have liked a few more days of good weather - especially to enjoy Castaway Cay. We only met a few Dis'rs and would have liked to have seen ya'll more, but we wound up with GREAT table mates (from Minnesota like half of this board I think!) and the kids enjoyed catching up with them each day.

DS did have strep - the rapid test Thurs was negative, but the culture came back positive on Sat. Got the call from my mom Saturday while in the terminal!! We had not filled the antibiotic script before leaving so we told the CM at check-in counter and they got the nurse. We did get on the ship right away and were the first ones to see the doc!! $114 later we had our medicine and a ban from the clubs for 48 hrs :sad2: But ds felt fine the whole trip and really enjoyed the lab once he got in there. DD preferred the pools - and thought it was a GREAT wave pool on the sea days. Luckily our kids were big enough to not get clobbered in the Mickey pool. I felt bad for the little ones - a little rough for them to enjoy.

LOVED Palo, enjoyed being waited on, excited that DH LOVED the trip. Ready to go back. Did anyone see those prices for next year.....ouch!!! Do you think RCCL would be as much fun? Disney is so top notch.

Gotta get back at it....is anyone else still rocking and rolling? My computer keeps moving on me LOL!

Rachel

My neice enjoyed her trip but I was a little dissapointed in the overall experience. I guess we all have different likes and dislikes so I am going to keep mine to myself as to not spoil the magic for the rest of you. However I can tell you that Thrifty sucks.....we got off the ship that morning and shuttled over to pick up our van we had pre-reserved only to be told they don't have any....then about 7 others showed up on another shuttle to be told the same thing....thank goodness Avis was in walking distance and they had a van or I have no idea what we would have done. Glad everybody made it home safe and sound...sorry I missed meeting you all but I was involved with my neice at the sailaway and time got away from me.

I have to form a poll here....who was chased down and tackled by Danielle and made to book another cruise? I was. ( Tim knows what I mean)

Brett

Hey Crystal...We were down from you on deck 7...we saw your GREAT door signs...kept hoping to bump into you in the hall! :sunny:

Sounds like there were lots of DISers in the med clinic. Bummer. Somehow, we escaped with everyone healthy. Whew. Hope everyone is feeling well soon. :smooth:

plenam said:
I have to form a poll here....who was chased down and tackled by Danielle and made to book another cruise? I was. ( Tim knows what I mean)

Brett
No tackle here but we did rebook:thumbsup2

HookedonMagic said:
Hey Crystal...We were down from you on deck 7...we saw your GREAT door signs...kept hoping to bump into you in the hall! :sunny:

Sounds like there were lots of DISers in the med clinic. Bummer. Somehow, we escaped with everyone healthy. Whew. Hope everyone is feeling well soon. :smooth:

Thanks I had such fun making them and told DH I had PLENTY of room for more so I should have kept making them but he kept telling me to STOP.:rotfl2:

plenam said:

Brett

We didn't get "tackled" by her. We actually had the opposite response from her. It seemed like an inconvenience for her to get us the information we wanted. She definitely does not have the personnality to do sales.

How pushing was she?

We did rebook by the way. We plan on moving it to Jan 2008 when the rates come out since we already have Jan 2007 booked.

Jeff

We re-booked for April 28,2007. Don't know if we will change dates or not. If anyone finds a cheaper price than we got on board please let me know. I have been checking but I can't find any cheaper.

gydell said:
We re-booked for April 28,2007. Don't know if we will change dates or not. If anyone finds a cheaper price than we got on board please let me know. I have been checking but I can't find any cheaper.

Gydell, don't forget you can always transfer the ressie out to one of the online agents and get their rebates in addition to the DCL deal on board. That would save you some money.

I see from your post that you did go with the later sailing. I know you were going back and forth between January and April.

Best thing to do is if you plan on going again, book onboard. You can always move the dates or even cancel if you decide not to go. What you can't do is get the deal if you never rebook onboard.

Jeff

Jeff,

I had the same impression of Danielle when I first spoke to her early in the week. I even considered not rebooking through her because she seemed so disinterested. BUT, when I talked to her on Thursday evening to rebook, she was VERY friendly and pleasant. I checked her name tag to be sure it was the same person. ;) Anyway, we can't wait for our 10 night on the Wonder in September! Whoo Hoo! :Pinkbounc

Lisa

HookedonMagic said:
Jeff,

I had the same impression of Danielle when I first spoke to her early in the week. I even considered not rebooking through her because she seemed so disinterested. BUT, when I talked to her on Thursday evening to rebook, she was VERY friendly and pleasant. I checked her name tag to be sure it was the same person. ;) Anyway, we can't wait for our 10 night on the Wonder in September! Whoo Hoo! :Pinkbounc

Lisa

Lisa,

Now that I think about it, we did speak to her early in the week. We also booked early as well. Rebookings must have been down this cruise and she needed to change her approach.

I'm jealous of your 10-nighter. I wish I could do that one, but DS has school. They really need to put those over the summer.

Jeff

Jeff, I felt the same way. We rebooked as well to take advantage of the OBC and discount. We are moving to late 2007 or early 2008. I think she doesn't worry too much about her attitute because she figures she has a captive audience. Can't wait to transfer my reservation to myself :teeth: It was great meeting those of you we were able to find. Missed the sail away on deck 10 because DS wanted to be in the action. Clewart sorry we missed your door signs. We were on deck 5 just down from the Nitz Family. Not too many people got to see ours either, but they changed daily.

We made it home about 9:00pm Saturday night. We were off the ship and had our rental from Budget by 7:55am. We headed over to Sea World for a short day and then flew home late Saturday afternoon. We enjoyed meeting all of you and had a great time on the cruise. No rebooking for us, but we already have a Jan 27, 2007 booked. Less than a year and we will be back on board.

Now for our one complaint. For those of you who have cruised DCL in the past, what did you think of the food in the dinning rooms? This was are 3rd cruise and have really enjoyed the food, but this time we were not as pleased. To us all of the food seemed bland and sometimes on the cool side. Was this just us or do others think the same. We went to Topsiders on Wednesday night and had a better meal and it was much more relaxing. The meal went quicker and the kids really like that. We could eat all of our dinners at Topsiders based on this years experience. Just had to get this off my chest. I feel better now.

Craig

I just want to see us hit page 100! :cool1:

We rented a van and drove to Epcot on Saturday. We wore worn out by Sat. night! Didn't get to ride Soaring as it was an 80 minute wait and no fast passes left. Next time! Kids did enjoy it and at least the weather was better than we thought it would be.

We didn't rebook. This really was a big deal with cat. 2 and all (thanks to my parents). We might consider it in a few years when Kieran (3 year old) is in school and more apt to stay in the club. We're very lucky and get to travel extensively with my family in England and parents in CA so they are not missing out on too much! ;)

It's been back to reality with a smack this week - DH's car battery died and we're up to our ears in Girl Scout cookie sales. I need the drink of the day right about now!

I have a question for everyone that was on our cruise. Does anyone know why there was a helicopter flying around the ship after we left CC on Friday?

Not sure what was going on, but it was flying low and close to the boat.

Just curious.

Jeff

We watched the helicopter fly by several times but never figured out what it was for. It looked like a medical copter so I assumed someone needed to be transported but never heard anything. No rebooking for us. Maybe one of these years when grandbabies come along but for right now we will stick to the other cruise lines. Unless they come out with a new ship...I have a thing for new ships! :crazy:

The concierges were in our room saying goodbye as we left CC. They said it was for new promotional stuff. So maybe we'll all be on the next DVD!

JLDSMD said:
I have a question for everyone that was on our cruise. Does anyone know why there was a helicopter flying around the ship after we left CC on Friday?

Not sure what was going on, but it was flying low and close to the boat.

Just curious.

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter