foot wear

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
What do you ladies normally wear - I know when I went to disneyland paris my feet were killing me - it will be so hot as well. Trying to think of something that is comfortable but also "summery".

Lauren, it's hard to tell.

The only time I've worn them for a considerable amount of time was in WDW, and tbh walking for hours every day for two weeks would have toned anyway.

All I know is I wore them every day for 12 of the 14 days of our trip, and not once did I have any foot or leg pain. So I am a huge fan!

I took a pair of flip flops last year I had gotten from New Look, they had a strap around the heel so thought they'd be fine. I had even worn them in and found them to be very comfortable.

A few days into our trip I had to chuck them away because the toe posts had actually cut the skin between my toes. I ended up buying a pair of rubber flip flops from Victoria's Secret and they were great! So this year it's all about the rubber flip flops. :goodvibes

All I know is I wore them every day for 12 of the 14 days of our trip, and not once did I have any foot or leg pain. So I am a huge fan!

Sounds appealing! My Birkenstocks and Havs are comfortable to walk in but my feet still hurt at the end of each day. Off to look for some Fit Flops...

Sounds appealing! My Birkenstocks and Havs are comfortable to walk in but my feet still hurt at the end of each day. Off to look for some Fit Flops...
Clarks have the pink older style ofr £36 so i may get a pair of those. My Mum is on a shopping trip in Boston and has bought me these:

electra_iridescent_654.jpg

I've also been thinking about footwear, last time I wore flip flops and trainers. I'd like to buy some sandals but i'm worried they will just brake easily.

I've just bought the new fit flops with the jewels on - breaking them in at present but if they are anything like my other fit flops - standard Walkster ones they will be fine.

Torsie - the ones you have got are available in pink for kids now - I am going to get Amber a pair - they are lovely!!! I love a bit of sparkle!!!

They would go nice with your wedding dress ;)

Sara xx

I've just bought the new fit flops with the jewels on - breaking them in at present but if they are anything like my other fit flops - standard Walkster ones they will be fine.

Torsie - the ones you have got are available in pink for kids now - I am going to get Amber a pair - they are lovely!!! I love a bit of sparkle!!!

They would go nice with your wedding dress ;)

Sara xx
I saw the pink ones and I was SO bummed I'm a size 6!

I hadn't thought about them on the wedding day! :rotfl: I'm not sure Jack would approve!

Whatever shoes are comfortable for you, remember a few pointers:

Break them in well before you leave

Change your shoes when you take a break midday

Make sure there is sufficient tread on the soles if you plan on wearing Crocs around the pool or in wet conditions

Keep a few blister plasters on you anyway - I know my Crocs always fit me well and are properly broken in before I go, but with the humidity they have a tendency to rub in the inside of the instep where the little round thingy is.

I can't tell you what is comfy or not as we are all different when it comes to shoes. I cant wear flip flops - they keep falling off my feet and I HATE having something between my toes :scared1:. But the majority of folk love them.

It's what to wear to US that always stumps me. As I want to wear Fit Flops as they're super comfy. But when you've got dangly legs on a lot of stuff that's not too pratical, and it has to be something that copes well with getting wet.

I wear sandals and will avoid trainers - just doesnt look good with my outfits:rotfl2:

I have bought a pair of Nine West toe sandals and a gold pair of flip flop type leather sandals to wear around the park. I am also thinking of buying a pair of fitflops as well though:thumbsup2

My feet and legs have to be comfy, as I do SUCH a lot of walking when there.

This year was the comfiest ever out of 4 visits.

Trainer socks, and Reebok trainers (designed for running) which were mostly mesh so lovely and cool. Crocs for the water parks, though they were looking like leading to a blister before I took them off.

No blisters, no achy feet, and even my legs didn't ache as much. My feet weren't too hot either. RESULT! :thumbsup2

Might not be the trendiest, but I'd rather be having fun, than pain... ;)

Ohh fit flops look nice... Off to try some on!! I always wear the croc Capri flip flops day in and day out! V comfy!

I do agree that somedays trainers can feel like heaven, especially if you've had bad shoes on teh day before.

I also find, if you rock the american shorts and trainers look, becasue the shoes are so clumpy they can have a bit of a slimming leg effect...

I wore sandals last year and got on terribly, on the first day by 1:00pm I had blisters all over the soles of my feet where the sole was too think:headache:
So I can advise against regular sandals, I had worn them in and never had any problems previously either.

The life saver for me last year were trainers but this year Im going to try Crocs becuase of their paded soles so hopefully I will have some luck.

My advice would be try a thick soled pair of sandals but pack trainers just in case :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter