foot wear

I do so much walking in the morning and then after work that this would be great for me. I change my shoes in the office anyway as the distance I walk to work is not ideal for high heels ......

I have fallen in love with the look of these shape ups from Amazon. Is this a good price?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skechers-Womens-Shape-Ups-Fit-Trainer/dp/B001SN8DCK/ref=pd_sim_sh_3

I want the black ones though. I could wear them on the way to work and into the office without them looking like I have trainers on with my suit! :scared1:

I am trying to justify the extra expense though (the last 3 weeks have welcomed, amongst other things, the following items into my house: new moble phone, video camera, 2 pairs of Skechers, shoes and clothing for DD, a laptop backpack ..... :rolleyes1). I paid off my holiday last weekend and seems like I am finally taking a brief breather from my eternal Disney saving scheme .... ! Someone persuade me, or otherwise talk some sense into me.

OK, I'll try to convince you. Get them now and by the time your next trip to WDW rolls around, you should have really toned legs and no issues with aching muscles after a day at the parks!

OK, I'll try to convince you. Get them now and by the time your next trip to WDW rolls around, you should have really toned legs and no issues with aching muscles after a day at the parks!

That sounds like a good idea! :thumbsup2 Is it a noticable difference - I mean do you feel the difference, if you know what I mean? You wouldn't wear them in the parks though, surely?

Anyway, I was thinking earlier on (DD has had the laptop for a couple of hours for her school project), I spend money on other things so why not something that is good for me?! Of course if I quite the ciggies I could pay of the shoes in under 2 months :scared1: Scary thought when I look at it that way!

I am going to try some on at the end of the week so I know what size is best, then order online for a better price. ;)

Thanks. :goodvibes

what about guys!
what shoes do men wear at disney!
im kinda flat footed so walking around alot i get pains going right up my back!!!
and im 19 and crocs never been part of my fashion lol

what about guys!
im kinda flat footed so walking around alot i get pains going right up my back!!!

Hi AJ. I can't comment on the comfort (or fashion for that matter :rotfl2:) of guys shoes, but I found this great website yesterday called Totallyshoes.co.uk

They do free delivery/returns on all their products and are dirt cheap. Lots of great brands and if you click on the left on mens shoes and then select casual, walking or beach, all those categories have plenty selections. Just check for your size though as they are not all available in all sizes. As I posted above, since I am intending to spend quite a lot on a pair of shoes, I am going to try them on in a shop first to check comfort, size, etc and then buy them online at the better price. ;)

It would be great to hear from some of the guys too though :goodvibes

what about guys!

They do fit flops for men as well. They also do the fit flop sandals for men. :thumbsup2

what about guys!

Cannot get my DH out of his crocs is the parks. Took me ages to convince him to wear them, and since he's tried he never looks back! So comfy!

Just have to say that I have bought some Fit Flop Pietras for our trip in August. I wore them this weekend to Alton Towers - to break them in!! I was a little apprehensive as I hadn't taken any more shoes and I am usually a trainer girl in theme parks! Well .... I was amazed - they were so comfortable. It was a hot day and I didn't get any blisters or sores. I was concerned on a couple of rides that they might fly off but they put lockers for shoes near all the rides as you get on and I am more than sure I have seen these before in Orlando.

Fit flops get a huge :thumbsup2 from me!!

I ordered a few pairs of Skechers over the weekend - one pair is the "croc style" and I have to say, it may just be the shape of my foot, but they are MUCH more comfortable than the crocs! I can't believe it! I will do a long walking stint with them and see how my feet feel afterwards, and if the come up trumps, they will be coming with me instead. :thumbsup2

My fitflops arrived today and they're really comfortable so far. However, I have only been wearing them while sat on the couch, so take that opinion for what it's worth. :)

My fitflops arrived today and they're really comfortable so far. However, I have only been wearing them while sat on the couch, so take that opinion for what it's worth. :)

You need to try walking around in them! Don't you need to go and get the paper or something? :rotfl2:

It's funny though how you can try shoes on and just know they are right before you even start walking around in them properly.

Oh and BTW, it is a local holiday here today so I am going to go and try on those tone ups at the Skechers shop so I can check how they fit - then order online where it's cheaper. :lmao: I really shouldn't, but then I think ..... I really should!!!! ;)

what about guys!

Teva sandals. I swear by them in the parks.

So I am home from my shopping trip. I ended up buying the Skechers TOne Ups that I went to just try on ...... I have to say they are amazingly comfy! Now I am trying to persuade DD that we need to walk about a mile to Tesco for coffee I don't need so I can test them out :rotfl2: Well come on, I have to get my £90 worth :scared1: I am all for good shoes but it was only in my pre-parenting days when I would spend that amount on a pair for myself. So maybe I deserve it .... :rolleyes1

Hi,

Have to agree with earlier poster, reef fanning sandels best by a mile expensive but worth every penny imo. Mens and womens too.

Crocs seem to divide opinion some love some hate, would not wear them my self but everyone to their own.

Paul

I've just bought a pair of "fit flops" from Avon, they are soooooooo comfy.:thumbsup2 Will def be taking these to Disney with me

Does anyone else find with Crocs that your feet just seem to get to hot, and I feel like the bottom of my foot gets sore. I just can't wear them for an extended period sadly. Well I could with socks.....but do I really want to be that person?

I do wear them with big fluffy socks on the plane and round the airport, btu then I have long trousers on so no one will ever know. I get really cold feet on the plane, and my thermal socks are too big to fit in normal shoes. So I tried them under my croc Mary Jane's and it's like a snuggly bed for your feet - soooooo comfy!

I've just bought a pair of "fit flops" from Avon, they are soooooooo comfy.:thumbsup2 Will def be taking these to Disney with me

Oh my mum did too. She just showed them to me the other day and said they are great. Yesterday I asked her to try on some Tone Ups as I thought I would get her some too, but she said the Avon ones were more comfy for her.

Torsie, I also do the socks & crocs thing on the plane :scared1: but as you say, nobody notices with long trousers and I like my shoes off on the plane so it is much easier.

Now I'm hoping to report back that my Shape Ups give me a nice bum :rotfl: If they do, then I will buy myself some shorts for next trip. Haven't had shorts since before DD was born over 8 years ago.

Glad you like your Skechers, Tiggies!

I've been wearing the fitflops and they are nice and comfy. But because I'm a half size, I went up to a size 5 and I find they're a bit big. It usually doesn't make a difference in normal shoes, but it's making it a bit awkward with these.

Glad you like your Skechers, Tiggies!

I've been wearing the fitflops and they are nice and comfy. But because I'm a half size, I went up to a size 5 and I find they're a bit big. It usually doesn't make a difference in normal shoes, but it's making it a bit awkward with these.

I am loving them. :thumbsup2 Funny, today I am SOOOOOO sore on my inner thigh muscles. I want my backside to feel it though so I can be sure it is working the right "bits" :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter