foot wear

Clarks have the pink older style ofr £36 so i may get a pair of those. My Mum is on a shopping trip in Boston and has bought me these:

electra_iridescent_654.jpg

Hi,
I finally managed to get to Bluewater yesterday, but couldn't find the pink ones in Clarks.
However!!! I did find them, and loads of other colours in John Lewis for £36.
They also had other styles for varying prices, and your lovely sparkly ones for £50!

Jules x

I'm so pleased to hear all the good reports about the fit flops as I've just ordered a pair off the Boots site to test drive this summer ahead of October's WDW trip.

A bit off topic, but someone asked about the toning effects of them. I can't yet speak for the fit flops, but I've had a pair of Skechers Shape Ups since December and my bum is definitely much higher up now than it was at Christmas. And I've only been wearing them when walking the dog, going to the shops, etc, which has pretty much been my only exercise for the last six months.

I tend to struggle when it comes to shoes...

I have achilles tendonitis/plantar fasciitis and a pain disorder that affects my feet/ankles/legs/knees and hips....so, most of the time, I'm in a wheelchair in WDW as its simply far too much walking and standing for me.

In the parks, I really don't care what I look like...as long as I can walk/stand in them when I need to, I'm happy. I wear Skechers day to say, but in the parks I go for my Reeboks :lovestruc love love love them! I tend to wear denim skirts, etc, so I don't think they really look out of place...and I'm the type of girl who asks her DF 'do these go' about 20 times before leaving the house every day!

My only problem is when it comes to when I don't have a wheelchair with me. At Downtown Disney, I stick to the Reeboks, so thats fine. But when it comes to going out, for meals, etc I get a bit stuck. I can't wear trainers because they definately DO NOT GO! with the outfit, but I can't wear flip flops etc, as they usually have too thin a base and I can't walk within ten minutes. I have a pair of white skechers that are more dressy than the usual trainers so I end up wearing those.

BUT might give the fit flops a go! Soooo thankyou! :goodvibes

I can't yet speak for the fit flops, but I've had a pair of Skechers Shape Ups since December and my bum is definitely much higher up now than it was at Christmas. And I've only been wearing them when walking the dog, going to the shops, etc, which has pretty much been my only exercise for the last six months.

I love Skechers. Where did you get yours? My bum could use a bit of re-positioning too :rolleyes1

I tend to struggle when it comes to shoes...

I have achilles tendonitis/plantar fasciitis and a pain disorder that affects my feet/ankles/legs/knees and hips....so, most of the time, I'm in a wheelchair in WDW as its simply far too much walking and standing for me.

In the parks, I really don't care what I look like...as long as I can walk/stand in them when I need to, I'm happy. I wear Skechers day to say, but in the parks I go for my Reeboks :lovestruc love love love them! I tend to wear denim skirts, etc, so I don't think they really look out of place...and I'm the type of girl who asks her DF 'do these go' about 20 times before leaving the house every day!

My only problem is when it comes to when I don't have a wheelchair with me. At Downtown Disney, I stick to the Reeboks, so thats fine. But when it comes to going out, for meals, etc I get a bit stuck. I can't wear trainers because they definately DO NOT GO! with the outfit, but I can't wear flip flops etc, as they usually have too thin a base and I can't walk within ten minutes. I have a pair of white skechers that are more dressy than the usual trainers so I end up wearing those.

BUT might give the fit flops a go! Soooo thankyou! :goodvibes

That is so painful! Last year I did something to my foot and the Doc said it was like plantar fascilitis. It was about a month before we went, and he said all I could do was rest it up, and hope it settled down, which luckily for me, it did.
The fit flops seem really cool:thumbsup2 I tried the sparkly sequin ones on and they were really comfortable, and the sole is like a wedge, but quite bouncy :goodvibes
I've just checked and they have them on the John Lewis website, in a choice of colours, and also another dressy-ish style, which is a bit gladiatorish called Pietra
Jules x

I'm flip flops all the way - whether they be havainas, birkenstocks, crocs, george at asda....

Keep your feet aired and also look good. A personal fave are "reef" flip flops. Are a little pricey, but they look good are some of the comfiest things I have ever worn. Some of the soles are moulded into some sort of foot shape - check them out.

Here's just one website: http://www.surfdome.com/Reef_Flip_Flops-370/3

B x

I love Skechers. Where did you get yours? My bum could use a bit of re-positioning too :rolleyes1

I love Skechers too. They seem to come already broken in and are instantly comfortable (QVC are selling them from Monday btw).

Santa Clause bought me my Shape Ups from Amazon I believe. You can really feel them working all the muscles up the back of your legs, from calves to bum, especially when going uphill.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skechers-Wo...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1275749122&sr=8-1

Just been out and got some fit flops (walkstar III in Oyster colour!) - they are doing well out of this thread. Tried them on in the shop and they feel at least as comfy as my croc capris, so fingers crossed!

On the whole toning shoes thing, I have some Reebok easy-tone trainers for when I walk the dog. I'm pretty fit and work out loads, and they first few times I wore these I REALLY felt it in my legs and bum! Definitely make a little difference!:thumbsup2

This isn't meant to sound patronising, but have you tried a whole day of it ever?

I only ask as the first day of each year when it's flip flop time, it really hurts between my toes, like a muscle or tendon or something has formed there over winter. It's a proper inner foot pain.

BUT...

After that one day my feet have zero issues with flip flops at all.

Some may argue that first day pain is a sign it's bad for me, but I love flip flops so much that it's worth it. Just have to remind my toes that something is going to live between there for the next for months!

I find starting with a really soft pair helps. Things like Birkenstocks can have really hard thick plastic toe stalks and can make for an extra painful first flip flop day!

i should find a really cheap pair and try that out...
the thing is, it's not pain, just irritating....like fingernails on a blackboard...sort of a creepy feeling.....
it's funny, because my sister ONLY wears sandals with the thingie between the toe....and i always wore the dorky looking sandals without the between toe thingie...

I find the Crocs flip flops are the only kind I can tolerate, the toe posts are really soft so I think that helps :)

i wonder if i can find a really inexpensive pair of the crocs version to try out...
as an experiment...

Has anyone tried the Cleo Crocs? think they look really comfy, Not sure about wearing normal crocs myself but they look quite comfy?
Ali

Has anyone tried the Cleo Crocs? think they look really comfy, Not sure about wearing normal crocs myself but they look quite comfy?
Ali

Love mine! I have been trying to get another pair, but they are quite difficult to find. Oh and they come up small. I had to go up a size :)

Jules x

Got me my Crocs ready for August (I wondered how on earth plastic sandals could be comfortable the first time I saw them, took me one day to realise how!!) :)

:goodvibes

that has been going through my mind - I was just thinking are they not plastic? and how can they be comfortable :confused3

I love Skechers too. They seem to come already broken in and are instantly comfortable (QVC are selling them from Monday btw).

Santa Clause bought me my Shape Ups from Amazon I believe. You can really feel them working all the muscles up the back of your legs, from calves to bum, especially when going uphill.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skechers-Wo...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1275749122&sr=8-1

I do so much walking in the morning and then after work that this would be great for me. I change my shoes in the office anyway as the distance I walk to work is not ideal for high heels ......

I have fallen in love with the look of these shape ups from Amazon. Is this a good price?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skechers-Womens-Shape-Ups-Fit-Trainer/dp/B001SN8DCK/ref=pd_sim_sh_3

I want the black ones though. I could wear them on the way to work and into the office without them looking like I have trainers on with my suit! :scared1:

I am trying to justify the extra expense though (the last 3 weeks have welcomed, amongst other things, the following items into my house: new moble phone, video camera, 2 pairs of Skechers, shoes and clothing for DD, a laptop backpack ..... :rolleyes1). I paid off my holiday last weekend and seems like I am finally taking a brief breather from my eternal Disney saving scheme .... ! Someone persuade me, or otherwise talk some sense into me.

Hi

For anyone who can't do the toe post thingy in the Fit Flops , then they have brought out new sandals which are so comfy. I have bought the black and bronze pairs, at £60 each they are not cheap but as I have been recently diaganosed with plantar fascitis and heel spur they are a godsend !!

Dont know how to phost photo or links but if you go to the fitlops website you can see them there.

highly recommend them !!!

Fit Flops - have had a look and I can only see the price of £50 = has anyone seen cheaper via the internet etc

Fit Flops - have had a look and I can only see the price of £50 = has anyone seen cheaper via the internet etc
It depends which style you're after.

The glittery ones are £50 everywhere. Walkstar I's are £36 and Walkstar III's are £45.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter