• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine appeared right below the "alerts" on the right hand side. It was small, approx. 2" by 2", not the long banner that was posted in the thread yesterday.
Me too. Looked like Donald and some balloons, with yellow background . . . and Bigfoot.

Air Canada Vacations (the vacation package travel agency owned by Air Canada) which offers vacation packages to some of the Disney Hotels often has free dining programmed into its booking tool a day early. This year is no exception. Based on what I have seen for dates It seems
I don't know. I just looked up Pop, since my DD wants to stay there (even thought we've always stayed deluxe or off site in a condo).

Weird thing is price quoted was $1,200, which was rack rate plus the cost of QS dining. I have no idea if that included the 2 day ticket, since it wouldn't let me go further.

From what I understand, I couldn't book this deal until May 7, but it does fall under the week that we want to potentially go!

Keep in mind that any prices on air canada vacations website will be in Canadian dollars (and therefore about 20 percent more than US dollar pricing.)

Re: AC vacation site. I'm doing a hotel only search. I don't see anything about 2014 dates though. I do see:
minimum five (5), maximum fourteen (14) night stay in combination with a minimum 2-Day Magic Your Way Ticket will receive the Disney Dining Plan FREE.

It definitely says "Free Dine Offer" (dining "included in price") when I plug in my November 2015 dates but when I click to add to cart (GF Garden View room), it says:
Unfortunately, you will not be able to proceed with your request online. Contact us yadda yadda.

Just a sign of things to come. I'm so excited, lol.

p.s. The Room Only prices will seem shocking. Canadian dollars!!!

Okay, that little yellow box under the alerts that says "Free Dining" is just that --- an alert. I was able to click on it and it said something like "Disney Dining Basics" and the following:

4/26/15: Rumors are circulating that Free Dining will be released this week for both Disney Visa cardholders and for the General Public. The dates being discussed are 8/15-10/2/15, 10/25-10/31/15, 11/8-11/19/15 and 12/15-12/21/15. This is not official information and are just rumors at this time.

It is from Disboards. Is it NOT like the banner ad that was posted earlier that someone had run across . . . .

It would start at 7am.
You would hit "vacation offers" to modify. I just tried doing it and it said "no offers available at this time".
I spoke to a Disney CM earlier and they told me that if it is released to just Visa Card holders, we can NOT modify the reservation online because it won't be activated until a GP offer is available!

Yep! Not sure how it will work with the online system, but in the past, you were able to call and speak with guest services (most front line phone CMs can't access bounceback offers), and they could move your dates/resort pending availability under the original bounceback offer you are booked under, even after the booking period for said bounceback has expired.

Yes, you can move dates AND resorts as long as your new dates fall on qualifying dates and the new resort has availability. We had to switch our dates for September on our BB and the nice lady told me that information.

Hello! I've been lurking for several days even though our week will probably be excluded in Free Dining. This is only tangentially related to this thread, but this thread has kind of gone everywhere now. So listen to this.

A month or so ago, we thought we were going the first week in October, so I started running the numbers at different resorts. Well, at a huge number of deluxe resorts (almost all of them...I have a list somewhere) there were zero standard, garden, pool, preferred, etc. rooms left. Absolutely zero. And really, I think it was all the deluxe resorts and some of the villas. The only rooms left were the suites.

I chatted with Disney and they said to clear my cache and try again, which I did. Still no rooms. Then they said it's a popular week because of the Not-So-Scary Halloween and the Food & Wine Festival.

I just don't believe that every single Deluxe Hotel could already be full. They must be holding the rooms for something, don't you think? It's all weird. I haven't tried recently because our trip got moved to the second week in October. But I thought it was very curious.

I was told by a CM that if you use your DV for the deposit, they will know and you won't have to put another $200 down. However, if you book a DV promo initially with another card, you have to use your DV for another $200 when reserving the promo deal.
Thanks, that's what I thought, I just happens to be the first time I actually booked with my visa and trying to add a visa promo later, thanks

I just did a "walkthrough" to get ready for the big event and when I pressed "add" to Dining part (after you hit modify) I got a message that said that I have to call directly to make any dining changes.

Could be. Mine is a RO reservation so I've only put a deposit down.
I have a room booked through a TA with deposit only and do not have a cancel button either. I'm thinking it only shows up if u book through Disney!

That's exactly what mine is doing as well. I called and they do not know why but they are having looked at but do not know when it will be fixed.

This has been happening to me too. I tried it last night and figured it was a glitch. Just tired again and it still won't load. I'm using FireFox and paid (not in full) with my Disney Visa.

I just called to ask why I don't have a modify button and they transferred me to an IT person who went through a list of possibilities as to why not. Turns out it's because we booked 2 rooms and you can't modify if you have more than 1. Might be helpful to call and have them check for you as well. They also mentioned factors could be related to having air or ground travel booked through them.

I don't have a modify button either, but only booked one room and did not book flight with them, so I'm not sure what the deal is! We did use a TA and have only put down the deposit so far.

Long time lurker, first time posting in this thread...and sorry to be the bearer of possible bad news. :worried: I've been waiting to see if someone else would post this.

I follow Tom Bricker's blog on my facebook and his version of the free dining dates was posted last night. He has no December dates and he has POR excluded for the whole offer, which is bad news for my family of 5 because that was our #1 choice.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-free-dining-dates/

i see the date on the blog is April 13 so I am hoping this is "old news" but he posted this on facebook last night and was commenting on it. I'm hoping I attached the screenshot correctly.

Sorry if this info is not helpful, I was curious to know what others thought. Thanks!!
If you read the part of the blog with the dates for the offers and the exclusions, there's a disclaimer that says this is historical information from last year

I already have a reservation, and will need to add FD to it. I used my DV to put the deposit down. Will they already know it was a DV, or will I have to purchase another $200 down?
Disney already has the method of payment used to book your pkg. You'll just need to verify so you will not need to put an additional money down. I already booked two rooms and put both deposits on my Disney visa.

anyone else wishing we could fast forward to tomorrow morning? lol :surfweb:
It's terrible, none of us are going to sleep, so we might as well hang out here all night. I know I am staying up at least till midnight to see if it's up as a GP. Then I also heard someone mention 3am, 6 am, etc. so I guess I'm up all night, then have to go to work and come home and go to a college meeting with DD:faint:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter