Glee - Season Two!

I may be alone here, but I didn't like last night's episode.

You are definitely not alone. This whole season has been meh, bleh, and just plain crap at times. Yes, there are things I like, and I will continue to watch because I love the characters, but this is what I hated about last night's episode:

Glee is now a "gimmick / celebrity of the week" show. This show is supposed to be about the growth of the outsider kids in the high school. Instead we get to see it being all about the adults... again... and how each celebrity fits in their plots. Just look at next week's "guest star". I am tired of Schuester's love life, or lack there of. It was sweet last season, but it's been hammered in our faces this season, in an inconsistent manner. I don't like Emma's continual absence, except when John Stamos is needed for eye candy. This is just bad writing. Also, I am SO TIRED of the "music video" aspect of the show. It is not realistic to expect a public school in Ohio to have the light board from Chicago, nor for them to flood the stage for a production that, at least at the school, NOBODY WILL SEE. And don't get me started on the teachers performing, and taking over, the glee productions. I don't care how good a song it was, Gwyneth and Matthew should have been in the audience, while the kids did their thing.

Take a gander at who sings every song in that episode. Where are the kids?

Now that's a mini rant yes, and I still will watch the show because I do "like" it, but my love from last season has faded.

Frankly I'm over the gay story line as well -
It's become very lethargic and shrill at the same time.
:headache:

I listened to the songs from this ep. for the first time today and Gwen's voice is so paper thin and annoying. STOP the celebrity guests!

I still like the show and enjoy it for what it is. Pure entertainment. I'm not looking for flawless acting, singing or story lines. I don't look for political agenda's and attacking certain stories the appropriate way. It's just a TV show to me and I like it for what it is. I honestly don't see much different th is year than the first. I'm just surprised so many people keep watching the show if it's so horrible.

I never understood the "If you hate it so much then stop watching" argument. Are people not allowed to make constructive criticism on a television show they watch? :confused3

I listened to the songs from this ep. for the first time today and Gwen's voice is so paper thin and annoying. STOP the celebrity guests!

Gwyneth was probably on there because she's just started releasing music (she sings country)

http://www.amazon.com/Country-Strong/dp/B00474IVHO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290286182&sr=8-1

Not saying she's great, but at least she's got musical associations now.

I still like the show and enjoy it for what it is. Pure entertainment. I'm not looking for flawless acting, singing or story lines. I don't look for political agenda's and attacking certain stories the appropriate way. It's just a TV show to me and I like it for what it is. I honestly don't see much different th is year than the first. I'm just surprised so many people keep watching the show if it's so horrible.

I love the show, I just wish they would follow a plotline or theme for more than one episode. At least this episode they finally mentioned Nationals and how they are trying to get there.

I never understood the "If you hate it so much then stop watching" argument. Are people not allowed to make constructive criticism on a television show they watch? :confused3

You can make all the "constructive criticism" you would like. :) But if I feel it borders on constant complaining, I have just as much a right to point it out if I like. If a person can't find one thing redeemable about a TV show, or anything else for that matter, I personally have never understood why some people would continue to watch a show that they don't like. If you sit there not liking any of the story lines, hating the singers, tired of the guest appearances, etc, why put yourself through all of that?

You have the right to give constant criticism of a TV show, just as much as I have the right to tell you to stop watching the show if you don't like it so mu ch. Having and expressing an opinion go both ways. :)

It's the same argument that I see over at MiceChat. People will go on and on about how horrible DL or WDW is, rude CM's, all they care about is your money, how expensive things are, terrible experiences they contantly have, how the place is not the same, and how Walt would be turning over in his grave, yet these are the exact same people who will still continue to go to to the parks day in and day out and spent hundreds of dollars in AP's.

I just don't get it.

I enjoyed last night's episode.

It was a little light on music numbers, but I feel they did move foreward with several plots in good ways.

Sue marrying herself was really lame. They couldn't have come up with a better way to work her into the episode? Or a better excuse to have Carol Burnett as her mother?

That said, I was a total wreck by the end of the show. Kurt's dad talking about Kurt's mom dying and then Finn and Kurt dancing with their parents hit a tender nerve and I started to bawl like a baby. Not like that's anything out of the ordinary these days, but I really didn't expect it from Glee. :laughing:

I enjoyed last night's episode.

It was a little light on music numbers, but I feel they did move foreward with several plots in good ways.

Sue marrying herself was really lame. They couldn't have come up with a better way to work her into the episode? Or a better excuse to have Carol Burnett as her mother?

That said, I was a total wreck by the end of the show. Kurt's dad talking about Kurt's mom dying and then Finn and Kurt dancing with their parents hit a tender nerve and I started to bawl like a baby. Not like that's anything out of the ordinary these days, but I really didn't expect it from Glee. :laughing:

I loved last nights episode. Sure, this season the shows have been hit or miss, yet I've enjoyed them all. But last nights was really great.

I too was missing the musical numbers, but the ones they did do I enjoyed. I liked the Sue story, until they did the whole marrying herself thing. It was just kind of odd, but I liked how Sue reacted to the whole bullying aspect. Showed her having a heart, which she rarely shows.

I too was a bubbling bawling mess by the end, especially when Kurt and Finn danced.

This week's episode reminded me why I love this show. I will also admit to crying throughout most of the wedding / dancing scenes. I thought the whole episode was rather well done, and Sue marrying herself seemed very much in character for me. I'm eager to see how Kurt and Blaine progress now that they will be attending the same school.

I also loved last night's episode. The two best ones of the season have involved Kurt and his dad. Had me crying like a baby!

Season 2 hasn't aired in the UK yet ... but I just had to share with people who would appreciate it ... my wonderful gf has just bought me tickets to see Glee Live in Manchester next year :) :)

Finally caught up on the last 2 episodes. GP episode meh although I love Umbrella/Singing In the Rain. The wedding one was great and I too was crying at the end.

Finally got to catch an episode from this season online. Tuesday nights are bad, and I just forget to watch it online (and as we're not totally in the 21st century yet we don't have DVR capability or any anything else). DP and I watched it together. Sue marrying Sue being married by Sue cracked me up. The dress :lmao:

DP used to be a music teacher and was in a show choir in HS. So she and her friends that were in also in music school in college have a great time watching this. Me too.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch another episode soon.

I watch every week even though there are some problems with the show. The plots are weak a lot of the time and sometimes the acting is ridiculously corny (particularly Kurt), but I love 80% of the musical numbers. There is much more to like than to dislike.

I absolutely LOVED Gwyneth Paltrow on the show, her song was fantastic, but didn't get the singing in the rain stuff at all. Just way too corny and especially the second number where they are constantly cutting to everyone's over the top reactions to the performance.

Wedding episode was certainly different, which is good. You don't want to be too formula.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter