Golden Mickeys Dream

Just got off Dream 4-day and we had Golden Mickeys, Believe, Mike Super - magician, Beaty & the Beast. Actually 3 perforformances of B&tB - 1pm matinee, and the 2 regular evening shows. Also had premier of Christopher Robin at 11pm.

Just got off Dream 4-day and we had Golden Mickeys, Believe, Mike Super - magician, Beaty & the Beast. Actually 3 perforformances of B&tB - 1pm matinee, and the 2 regular evening shows. Also had premier of Christopher Robin at 11pm.

Made my day too!

Nice! I have a 4 day cruise in December, on the Magic, and was worried that they would have a movie night and a repeat show night. Hope they do a show then premier Marry Poppins at 11pm.

Nice! I have a 4 day cruise in December, on the Magic, and was worried that they would have a movie night and a repeat show night. Hope they do a show then premier Marry Poppins at 11pm.
Ooh, that is a good premiere. Wish I could get more excited about Christopher Robin...

Just returned from a 3 night on the Dream, departing August 10th. No Golden Mickeys. It was Believe on Friday, then Beauty and the Beast on Saturday and Sunday.

Even worse, they only had ONE performance of Beauty and the Beast on Sunday evening at 7:15 pm. The idea being that people with early seating could go AFTER dinner, and people with late seating could go BEFORE dinner. Since we had early seating (5:45 pm), we opted to see it on Saturday. We figured that anyone with early seating would be unfairly rushed through dinner (or have to skip dessert) just to try to make a 7:15 show. Even then, we figured that all of the good seats would be gone by the time we got to the theater and that getting a seat at all would be difficult. (I hope that wasn't the case for anyone with early seating who did try this.) Doubling down on shows was bad enough. But, now cutting back on the performances too? Shame on Disney. We let them know about it in our comment card.

I really hope they get it together again before our October 3 night though as it gets closer I fear it will either be this or believe, beauty and then nightmare sing and scream between dinners as a third show which is what it looked like they did last year when Dream only had 2 shows running....

We sailed the Dream on the 4-night Member Cruise (7/23-27) and had the Golden Mickeys. We did not, however, have Believe. That could have been, though, due to all of the other stuff they had for us. Our main theater schedule was:

Monday: BATB
Tuesday: Golden Mickeys
Wednesday: Christopher Robin (A special showing for the DVC Member Cruise)
Thursday: Broadway at Sea

What is Broadway at Sea?

Broadway at Sea was a show on the Disney Vacation Club Member cruise in July. Broadway stars Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Alton Fitzgerald White and Kissy Simmons performed.

"Stars Set Sail" also features Broadway stars on certain Disney sailings https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ge-during-select-disney-cruise-line-sailings/
Yes. We have seen this twice. The shows are amazing if you get the chance to see them. On this cruise, Ashley Brown sang the new song from the Frozen musical "Monster" and Kissy Simmons about brought down the house with "Zero to Hero" from Hercules...

Ashley Brown is the original Broadway Mary Poppins
Josh Strickland is the original Broadway Tarzan
Alton Fitzgerald White is the longest running Mustafa from "Lion King", and
Kissy Simmons has been Nala in "Lion King" among other shows
(on the 2015 MC we also had someone from "Newsies", but I can't remember his name...)

They really are fantastic...

We were also saddened on our recent 7 night Fantasy Cruise to only have 3 shows. We were traveling with first time cruisers and had talked up all the wonderful Disney shows and entertainment. We didn’t even have a decent comedian. Hint, hint if your claim to fame was being on “Star Search” you are not the top rate Disney talent we were looking for.

We were also saddened on our recent 7 night Fantasy Cruise to only have 3 shows. We were traveling with first time cruisers and had talked up all the wonderful Disney shows and entertainment. We didn’t even have a decent comedian. Hint, hint if your claim to fame was being on “Star Search” you are not the top rate Disney talent we were looking for.
You will only have a maximum of 3 shows on any Disney cruise that you do...

You will only have a maximum of 3 shows on any Disney cruise that you do...

Not true. 7 night cruises used to always have both a welcome aboard and a farewell show that featured production numbers with the mainstage cast along with short/preview acts from the variety entertainers.

Even many 5 night cruises have had the welcome show, or sometimes one of the extra shows like The Dream Goes On or Once Upon a Song.

This new double show phenomenon has greatly impacted the ability to see those other mainstage shows that many people enjoy.

I was not considering those. Your post made it sound like the main shows, which is what I had thought you were talking about...

Not true. 7 night cruises used to always have both a welcome aboard and a farewell show that featured production numbers with the mainstage cast along with short/preview acts from the variety entertainers.

Even many 5 night cruises have had the welcome show, or sometimes one of the extra shows like The Dream Goes On or Once Upon a Song.

This new double show phenomenon has greatly impacted the ability to see those other mainstage shows that many people enjoy.

Yes. We have seen this twice. The shows are amazing if you get the chance to see them. On this cruise, Ashley Brown sang the new song from the Frozen musical "Monster" and Kissy Simmons about brought down the house with "Zero to Hero" from Hercules...

Ashley Brown is the original Broadway Mary Poppins
Josh Strickland is the original Broadway Tarzan
Alton Fitzgerald White is the longest running Mustafa from "Lion King", and
Kissy Simmons has been Nala in "Lion King" among other shows
(on the 2015 MC we also had someone from "Newsies", but I can't remember his name...)

They really are fantastic...

Yes she did! Loved all the performers but especially Kissy Simmons.

USED to is the operative phrase....every cruise I have taken (13 Disney-including 7 night, 14night and 12 night) had some form of entertainment in the Walt Disney Theater each and every night! It might have a premiere of a movie, Disney stage, production, family comic, juggler etc. I really missed the welcome aboard show as I always felt like it set the stage for the cruise. And I really missed a good-bye show on our final night of the cruise. (We attended Thursday nights Believe as Friday’s coincided with our dinner in the MDR).

Got off the Dream on Friday. No Golden Mickeys :( First night was Beauty (2 showings), second night was 1 showing only of Beauty at 7:15, then the magician and Believe on the last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter