Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but I could see Disney making that call in about 2 weeks. We'll see as I certainly didn't see MMRR going FP for opening.
I don't see it happening in 2 weeks. They are still evacuating people from the ride on a frequent basis. I can't imagine them moving away from VQ until they have an extended period with little to no breakdowns.

I don't see it happening in 2 weeks. They are still evacuating people from the ride on a frequent basis. I can't imagine them moving away from VQ until they have an extended period with little to no breakdowns.

It could be more like wishful thinking on my part. But the logic makes sense to me; spread the crowds between MMRR and RotR as quickly as possible.

So this is a first for me, I secured(?) a tier 1 FP+ last night for MFSR and then an hour later Disney sends an e-mail saying they are replacing it with a dance party? What? Can they do this with MMRR as well? I know the answer, but wondering how this is determined.

So this is a first for me, I secured(?) a tier 1 FP+ last night for MFSR and then an hour later Disney sends an e-mail saying they are replacing it with a dance party? What? Can they do this with MMRR as well? I know the answer, but wondering how this is determined.
So they changed your fast pass from mfsr to a dance party fast pass? What dance party?

Tons of people are reporting FP issues this morning. There is a separate thread you might want to follow for more info.

Tons of people are reporting FP issues this morning. There is a separate thread you might want to follow for more info.

Disney fixed it and gave us an anytime MFSR pass (which works out much better for our schedule). CM reminded me that MMRR will have it's grand opening that day explaining how busy it will be.

Gives me hope there might be a soft opening for DVC or Annual pass holders. We leave the day it opens.

The smart guest appeasing move would be if ROTR has a stoppage that requires evacuation, put them in line at mickey and minnies for a preview. Use those folks to give it a soft opening.
Of course the down side is if you had two rides experience difficulties in a row you might not be the biggest fan after that.

Gives me hope there might be a soft opening for DVC or Annual pass holders. We leave the day it opens.

The smart guest appeasing move would be if ROTR has a stoppage that requires evacuation, put them in line at mickey and minnies for a preview. Use those folks to give it a soft opening.
Of course the down side is if you had two rides experience difficulties in a row you might not be the biggest fan after that.
There won’t be softs. CM previews end 3/2 and media is 3/3.

Yeah as @dina444444 said very unlikely.

With media day on 3/3 (from what I heard), the challenge for me will be POV vids.

RotR POV video before riding the attraction = fail
MMRR POV video before riding the attraction = tbd

I'm going to give it the old college try at HS on opening day, but expecting 3-5 hour waits. Hoping my legs are up to the challenge.

Closing in on opening and I have a theory of what the attraction will aim to do.

I think the various show scenes will start as a 2-D element and then the 2-1/2 D will immerse the guest into each scene as to be more a part of the cartoon. I also think the 2-1/2 D will get grander, for each scene, until the finale'.
It will be interesting to see if this is how they do it, but it is what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter