greenban EXCLUSIVE: AKL DETAILS

I think it is safe to assume that all of us here at the DISboards (including WMD) like frogs! Right?!?

-Tony

I mean, who doesn't like frogs?

absolutely right !!!-

Have you heard where the model rooms will be located and when they will be available for touring?

Some have recently suggested that AKL was the worst location on property and not of high demand. My post was in response to that and to a degree, to needle a few of them a bit in a hopefully good natured way.

I hope my tone did not appear to be abrasive. I enjoy a little good natured needling especially in regards to the resort debates.:thumbsup2 popcorn::

I think it is safe to assume that all of us here at the DISboards (including WMD) like frogs! Right?!?

-Tony

I mean, who doesn't like frogs?

I understand that, in your honor, one of the savannahs at AKV will feature nothing but frogs!:banana: Do you suppose that savannah will be the view from the value rooms?:rotfl:

I hope my tone did not appear to be abrasive. I enjoy a little good natured needling especially in regards to the resort debates.:thumbsup2 popcorn::
Not at all, I think many have underestimated the demand for AKL but time will ultimately tell.

It seems odd to me that Disney plans on beginning the sales of AKV without giving out any official information to DVC members. You would think an email or information on the website would tell folks when sales will begin, and provide the necessary info like point schedules, price, etc. How did they go about kicking off the SSR sales? Was any info provided before sales began, or did they give it all out the day SSR became available for purchase?

Maybe this is how it has always been and I just never noticed before. I never cared about adding on to any other resort, but cannot wait until AKV opens!

My guide just confirmed that there are indeed only 5 villas in the club level. They are, however, 2-bedroom lock-offs. So there are a maximum of 10 villas available.

grim pirate:

It seems odd to me that Disney plans on beginning the sales of AKV without giving out any official information to DVC members. You would think an email or information on the website would tell folks when sales will begin, and provide the necessary info like point schedules, price, etc. How did they go about kicking off the SSR sales? Was any info provided before sales began, or did they give it all out the day SSR became available for purchase?

Maybe this is how it has always been and I just never noticed before. I never cared about adding on to any other resort, but cannot wait until AKV opens!

In the past, DVC has always leaked sales information about new resorts to Greenban long before most of the guides even knew anything about it - so AKV is no different in that respect. Fortunately, Greenban has always been very generous about sharing his "exclusive" information so all members can be in the know. :smooth:

Correct, my guide did state that it was FCFS but said that she would be e-mailing in her purchases at midnight to insure that we would be Founding Members is we so choose. Sooooo, if it is important to you verify when your guide will be placing you purchase.

My guide said that the contract needs to be entered into the computer in the morning and that they can't login early to do it. And she also stated that it was first come, first served. Now I thought she said the first 100, but maybe she said 150....I don't recall.

I've been working with my guide since Saturday gathering all the necessary info. that he will need. I've got everything in place and ready to go. One thing of interest, my guide told me that I could have any month that I wanted (in my case Oct). Hopefully that means I'll get points in 2007 (forgot to specifically ask about that).

Y-ASK

My guide said that the contract needs to be entered into the computer in the morning and that they can't login early to do it. And she also stated that it was first come, first served. Now I thought she said the first 100, but maybe she said 150....I don't recall.
Yup, 8 am Thursday is when my guide said the contract could be entered. Now I know he was working on the paperwork already because he called with a question today. It seems Disney forgot my husband and I are married so they had us listed as single people in the purchase paperwork...

Yup, 8 am Thursday is when my guide said the contract could be entered. Now I know he was working on the paperwork already because he called with a question today. It seems Disney forgot my husband and I are married so they had us listed as single people in the purchase paperwork...

Why are some guides (mine, for instance) tellling people they cannot discuss anything until Thursday, while others are filling out paperwork?

Should I call my guide tomorrow and tell her to start the paperwork? What if she won't?

I was told postcards were sent out to all existing members, though I haven't recieved one.

I've been working with my guide since Saturday gathering all the necessary info. that he will need. I've got everything in place and ready to go. One thing of interest, my guide told me that I could have any month that I wanted (in my case Oct). Hopefully that means I'll get points in 2007 (forgot to specifically ask about that).

Y-ASK

You will get points Oct 1st....like us!

My guide just confirmed that there are indeed only 5 villas in the club level. They are, however, 2-bedroom lock-offs. So there are a maximum of 10 villas available.

grim pirate:

Wow, since DVC will occupy the entire 5th floor of the existing AKL, those must be really large units! Sorry, but you have to put me in the camp who beleive that the number of Club rooms was not communicated very well to some of the guides. -- Suzanne

I am told there is a flaw in the points listed here. That DVC actually sent out a group voice mail about it. And I may have missed it since I didn't read through the entire thread, the dues are reported to be $4.62.

My guide called me today. I gave him my credit card number and number of points wanted. He said it would be entered at 8 on Thursday and I should see it on the website sometime of Thursday. By the way, it is 150 points to be included on the tapestry--not the first 150 people, according to him.
Can hardly wait until April 4 to make my ressie for end of September:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter