greenban EXCLUSIVE: AKL DETAILS

I am told there is a flaw in the points listed here. That DVC actually sent out a group voice mail about it. And I may have missed it since I didn't read through the entire thread, the dues are reported to be $4.62.

What is the flaw?

I am told there is a flaw in the points listed here. That DVC actually sent out a group voice mail about it. And I may have missed it since I didn't read through the entire thread, the dues are reported to be $4.62.

Dean, I got similar information when speaking to my guide yesterday. He said that while the points shown on the DIS board are fairly accurate, it is still being tweaked.

If they are prepared right, I think frogs are delicious!

vomit-smiley-020.gif
That Sir, is just wrong! Wrong on so many levels too!
vomit-smiley-020.gif

tn_frog-wheelchair-01_png.jpg

-Tony

In the past, DVC has always leaked sales information about new resorts to Greenban long before most of the guides even knew anything about it - so AKV is no different in that respect. Fortunately, Greenban has always been very generous about sharing his "exclusive" information so all members can be in the know. :smooth:

That is all good and true Doc, but more importantly, do *YOU* like frogs?

-Tony

(I'm referring to the real cold-blooded amphibians, not me, BTW!)

My guide called me today. I gave him my credit card number and number of points wanted. He said it would be entered at 8 on Thursday and I should see it on the website sometime of Thursday. By the way, it is 150 points to be included on the tapestry--not the first 150 people, according to him.
Can hardly wait until April 4 to make my ressie for end of September:)

No. Have him double check his info. More than one person here, including myself was told by their guides that the first 150 people to purchase 150 points or more will be on the tapestry.

I spoke with my guide yesterday afternoon to add 200 AKV points and he said he would try his best to have me be one of the first 150 so we could be on the tapestry. No telling how many guides will be on their computer at 8am Thursday trying their best.:) So, according to my guide the information that it was the first 150 buying 150 or more points would be on the tapestry.

I spoke with my guide yesterday afternoon to add 200 AKV points and he said he would try his best to have me be one of the first 150 so we could be on the tapestry. No telling how many guides will be on their computer at 8am Thursday trying their best.:) So, according to my guide the information that it was the first 150 buying 150 or more points would be on the tapestry.

Did your guide take all your info to start the paperwork, and all he has left is to enter it in at 8AM?

I am not liking this. My guide told me she can't even discuss with me AKV until Thursday, and yet, other guides are taking deposits.:confused3

Still think the info on the number of concierge rooms must be off. Or the point charts are missing a category.

The chart as shown so far shows nothing to indicate being in the main Lodge other than club level. It would surprise me if when booking you didn't know which location you would be in. Since there will be DVC rooms on the 5th and 6th floor, some info is inaccurate or missing....IMHO.

From what my guide told me, the other rooms in the lodge will be value view rooms. They will be smaller than the other rooms. Like BWV, value view rooms will only make up about 20% of the resorts total rooms. We'll see.

How many guides are there and how many actually have existing clients adding 150 or more points? Outside of forums like this, most existing members know little or anything of the promotion. If you were the only person your guide has that was buying 150 points, I think you would be fine. I would be more concerned if your guide had 5 contracts to enter and yours was the fifth one. Also, i'm sure there were alot of existing members who took advantage of the last $15 a point promo and can't afford to add another 150 points right now.

I guess by 9 am tomorrow morning we should know who made it and who didn't!!

No. Have him double check his info. More than one person here, including myself was told by their guides that the first 150 people to purchase 150 points or more will be on the tapestry.

Maybe we shoould call Greenban and 50 years too! guides! But then you would be behind them in line, might not be a good idea.

From what my guide told me, the other rooms in the lodge will be value view rooms. They will be smaller than the other rooms. Like BWV, value view rooms will only make up about 20% of the resorts total rooms. We'll see.

Oh, that may be part of the puzzle then. Thanks.

But using the numbers on Deb's site that still leaves about 9% of the total rooms to be club level....or 41 units?

Of course, your guide did say "about" so....

My guide doesn't seem to think it will be a problem becoming one of the founding members. Very few people outside of us DIS nerds probably even know or really care about this perk.:thumbsup2

How long would the walk be if they built a pathway from AKL to AK?

Here's my best guess as to where the path would have to run:

akl_walk.jpg

The location of the savannah, AK support buildings and a couple large ponds would limit their options. That route wouldn't be the most "magical" as it largely runs alongside roads traveled by Disney busses.

Given the scale, the distance looks to be a little over a mile or about twice the distance from BW to MGM. Figure 30-40 minutes to walk.

I know with Disney it's "never say never", but it seems like they would have built a walking path 10 years ago if they were inclined to do so. AKL has 1300 rooms.

The rumor I've heard most commonly "floated" (if you'll excuse the pun) was a "round trip"/one way canal waterway....using that almost kidney shaped (in the upper center of the photo) pond as the hub.

But I agree...if Disney didn't do it when the built the lodge, I doubt they'll do it now....though, as you said, never say never.

I guess by 9 am tomorrow morning we should know who made it and who didn't!![/QUOTE]

My guide said that he probably won't know for sure who got in for the tapestry..that we'll be mailed something if we did get in.:confused3
Also, he's had tons of calls about akv..so for sure I'm not the only he has that wants to get in.

My guide doesn't seem to think it will be a problem becoming one of the founding members. Very few people outside of us DIS nerds probably even know or really care about this perk.:thumbsup2
Well, my guide has a few lined up for 8AM. There are over a hundred guides listed on a thread on this board. If they all had just two requests...

Now it seems like a few guides retired or left, and not everyone is going to be at work tomorrow at 8 AM, so it might be a foot race for the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter