greenban EXCLUSIVE: AKL DETAILS

Well, my guide has a few lined up for 8AM. There are over a hundred guides listed on a thread on this board. If they all had just two requests...

Now it seems like a few guides retired or left, and not everyone is going to be at work tomorrow at 8 AM, so it might be a foot race for the rest.

There is 94 listed as current Guides on the the thread.

If you are buying less than 100 points, does anyone know what the price is per point?

The flier that we got today implies that you're a Founding Member if you buy 150 or more points by February 28th. Are you sure there's a race to be one?

Bobbi:goodvibes

The flier that we got today implies that you're a Founding Member if you buy 150 or more points by February 28th. Are you sure there's a race to be one?

Hi Bobbi!

I'm not sure of anything. I haven't gotten the flyer. My initial source told me a limit of 150 members at 150 points or more. My second source confirmed it, and today my Guide confirmed it, a limit of 150.

However, there are supposedly only 35,000 AKV points available (until more rooms are built). AT 150 points minumum that would be 233.3 families on the tapestry. However, some people (like me) are buying more than the minimum. So if I were to guess (and this goes against my sources), I would assume anyone who buys at least 150 points of the initial 35,000 AKV points will become a Founder.

Sadly, since I did not win the big lottery, I do not have the $3,255,000 to buy all the available AKV points (Plus that exceeds maximums), so there will be at least 17.5 names on the Founder's Tapestry. (Assuming a 2,000 point buy in!)

;)

-Tony

Hi Tony!

There is the word "can." If you purchase an Ownership...equal to 150 Vacation Points or more by Feb. 28, 2007, your family can make a lasting mark on the resort. As a founding member, you'll be honored on a prominent Village Tapestry.

Well, we're not in the running for that...if we buy it will be the 100 points.

By the way, I have a very small pond with goldfish and I am always happy when a frog or two makes it their home for the summer.

Bobbi

BTW Kimmie, my whole family love you, and Ron and Rufus!!!!!

-Tony

Thanks, Tony, but I must admit my cheerleading days ended with the birth of my two ds's. So now I must just play one on the DIS boards.:cheer2:

BTW. My parents just bought my DS 2 pet frogs (they live in water instead of on land???):thumbsup2

However, there are supposedly only 35,000 AKV points available (until more rooms are built).

That seems odd.

A single Studio room at BCV or VWL represents over 6000 points. Since all of the AKV rooms are pre-sale, I don't see why they can't offer all 130+ at this time. I haven't followed all of the discussion about which rooms types are being converted and so forth, but it seems there should be at least 4-5 million points available in the converted rooms alone--perhaps many more than that.

EDIT: Make that 400,000 - 500,000 points.:teacher:

Ths DVC filing with the CA Dept of Real Estate said that there would be about 7.3 Million points at AKV. With roughly a third of the rooms in the Jambo House (original AKL), the points represented by those rooms should be at least 2 Million.

-- Suzanne

How many guides are there and how many actually have existing clients adding 150 or more points? Outside of forums like this, most existing members know little or anything of the promotion. If you were the only person your guide has that was buying 150 points, I think you would be fine. I would be more concerned if your guide had 5 contracts to enter and yours was the fifth one. Also, i'm sure there were alot of existing members who took advantage of the last $15 a point promo and can't afford to add another 150 points right now.

My guide said I was the 3rd client wanting to add on 150 or more points, and that was yesterday at 4pm. Like someone else said, only time will tell if we make the tapestry or not, but I'm feeling positive about making it.

Maybe they figure there will be enough people buying LESS than 150 points so that when all the available points are sold in February, there won't be more than 150 names for the tapestry? Just because Feb 28th is the magic end date doesn't mean Disney won't tell you before then that currently available points are all gone.

I spoke with my guide again today, He didn't think they would sell all 150(150pt min) contracts tomorrow for the tapestry. He is in at 8:am and we are one of his first clients with all our info ready to go....... I asked him to brush up on his speed typing tonight:lmao:

He did say if anyone was to try and enter any info before 8:am the computer program would automatically put them at the end of the list.

I wonder if there are people who would back out of the purchase if they didn't get there names on the tapestry!

I wonder if there are people who would back out of the purchase if they didn't get there names on the tapestry!

For the price we are paying for 150+ points, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that anyone purchasing 150+ points JUST TO get their name on a tapestry, is CRAZY. JMO, of course.

:scared1:

Its the MAIN reason why I am buying so soon. I'm CRAAAAZZYYYY. I would probably would be waiting a bit.

Its the MAIN reason why I am buying so soon. I'm CRAAAAZZYYYY. I would probably would be waiting a bit.

Yeah, sure, I am just as crazy as you then! I am jumping on so fast because of the tapestry. But, I have planned on buying into AKV since years ago, when the rumors started about it becoming a DVC resort. If it were not for this special perk, I would not be rushing.

I am talking about the people who would cancel their contract if they were not able to get on the tapestry. That tells me they are only buying to get on it...certifiable. IMO! LOL

Thats what I meant, if someone planned on purchasing at some point or another but then rushed into it because of the tapestry. And if they didn't get on it might back out and then purchase next year or at some other time :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter