• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

that sucks @PaHunter , hopefully you can do something for him. We added canned food and water to yeti's food to get more water. I will say that pepped up his life a bit, he lived for food and giving him the canned food gave him something to live for (besides his family) for a few months.

I will be following along on her, but i did want to say we actually parked the rig up in the North Georgia mountains (same place as oct) last weekend. We are leaving it there till the end of June. The plan is to use it as our mountain get away for the next 5 weekends. They have good internet so i can work on the weekend. Plan is while working or just being glued to computer to do some maintenance. I will probably post pics on the chit chat thread and leave this for the GSP Party.

it was hard going in the RV without Yeti. Mallory drove in her same spot so she can look out the window. Now parked though we have her in Yeti's spot. I am pretty sure she prefers her old spot in front of the couch but it makes it so much bigger in the rig and we can sit down easily.

Have fun everyone. We are headed back up on wednesday night so we will be camping with you guys, just working as well.

that sucks @PaHunter , hopefully you can do something for him. We added canned food and water to yeti's food to get more water. I will say that pepped up his life a bit, he lived for food and giving him the canned food gave him something to live for (besides his family) for a few months.

I will be following along on her, but i did want to say we actually parked the rig up in the North Georgia mountains (same place as oct) last weekend. We are leaving it there till the end of June. The plan is to use it as our mountain get away for the next 5 weekends. They have good internet so i can work on the weekend. Plan is while working or just being glued to computer to do some maintenance. I will probably post pics on the chit chat thread and leave this for the GSP Party.

it was hard going in the RV without Yeti. Mallory drove in her same spot so she can look out the window. Now parked though we have her in Yeti's spot. I am pretty sure she prefers her old spot in front of the couch but it makes it so much bigger in the rig and we can sit down easily.

Have fun everyone. We are headed back up on wednesday night so we will be camping with you guys, just working as well.

Ah, you guys will be missed this year, but especially the Rockstars.

Speaking of the dogs, you guys have lots of experience with having them along on your trips, but this is a first for us. We'll be bringing Pepper on this one. Our first go on a camping trip with her so fingers crossed. She has an appointment today at Petco for a shampoo, nail job, toothbrushing, blow drying, and de-thatching to help with the fur on this trip. I figure, if I get in trouble in the wrastling matches, that my Dis friends will probably be too busy laughing to help so I'll have her as an "outside interference" to help me out.

I'm supposed to pick her up when I get out of clinic today. This should be a treat.

i hope pepper loves it. If you have carpet in the camper bring a vacuum. I would also consider a soft crate for her. Yeti loved his till he could no longer get in it. He used to try and get up and stand while we were driving and we did not care for that so much. You might want a headlamp. it can be hard to see poop when it is dark :).

So today we had to put our dog to sleep. She had lyme disease, and suffered kidney failure. We will see everyone on Friday. First time in 18 years I do not have a dog running around the house. Sometimes had as many as four, since DW and I got together we had three, all have past. :dog:

Have to go finish loading and hook up the trailer. :drive:

Chris we are sorry to hear you had to put the dog down. I managed to get all my half acre of grass cut. Finished this morning and cut my elderly neighbor's front yard. He is gone on a trip way up north. Will probably have to rent a bush hog for his large back yard since I won't be able to keep it up for him. I managed to get the camper hooked up and moved out of it's storage spot. After it rained again I finished reloading all the durable stuff I had to removed while it was at the dealer. Heading to Walmart now to shop. Then in the morning I will load my clothes and head out around noon.

Chris we are sorry to hear you had to put the dog down. I managed to get all my half acre of grass cut. Finished this morning and cut my elderly neighbor's front yard. He is gone on a trip way up north. Will probably have to rent a bush hog for his large back yard since I won't be able to keep it up for him. I managed to get the camper hooked up and moved out of it's storage spot. After it rained again I finished reloading all the durable stuff I had to removed while it was at the dealer. Heading to Walmart now to shop. Then in the morning I will load my clothes and head out around noon.

Safe travels, and we will roll in on Friday.

@PaHunter, I am so sad to read this. I am sorry for your loss. I still have mallory and comment how quiet it is without yeti. Peace and hugs to you and your wife.

Chris, I posted to you on the RIP board. So sorry to hear.Too many of our fur babies we have lost here recently on the Dis. Our "camping buddies" will be missed greatly.

Weather predictions for this week in GSP are looking bad. At least 50% every day that I am there and some days 80-90%. Will have to make sure we bring the movies and Monopoly game.

Seconding what Michael said every forecast gets worse. The most recent one brings at least a tropical low (possibly higher) into Pensacola/Gulf Shores with 6.5+ inches of rain over the holiday weekend. I keep hoping it goes east or just doesn't develop. We have had such good weather and good times in the past. Being local I will be there until it gets really bad but I would understand if some of you distant folks cancelled. The good news is it should return to our normal scattered afternoon thunderstorms next week. If we can survive the weekend we should be okay.

Figures, I have to leave Tuesday morning before the weather improves.

I'm in for the long haul! I might be grilling from under my awning in a pair of hip waders but I ain't backing down.
a1vlm_s-200x150.gif

So today we had to put our dog to sleep. She had lyme disease, and suffered kidney failure. We will see everyone on Friday. First time in 18 years I do not have a dog running around the house. Sometimes had as many as four, since DW and I got together we had three, all have past. :dog:

Have to go finish loading and hook up the trailer. :drive:

Sorry to read this.

Ok, we had to adjust our schedule a bit, but we will be heading into GSP for 1 night on June 2. Originally we were scheduled for June 1-6 in spot 3 or 4 but they had to move us to site 59 for the one night. Maybe someone here can use the June 1-5 days.

Looks like most of the DIS group will have cleared out by the time we arrive but will hopefully get a chance to say hi to whoever's left.

Okay we are here in our temp site 217. Arrived at 230 and checked right in. Will move to our regular site 220 Friday or when the tent campers get wet and leave. Will post a picture later. Never can get them to load from my phone.

Last edited:
We will be down and ready to have some fun. We have our Frogg Togg suits packed, did not bring the firemans boots tho, maybe I should have. If it rains that much, we may just have to see how many diser's will fit inside Randy's toy hauler. We are set for the night, afternoon and this evening are just great, just wish our baby could have been here.

In the AM we will head out for Gadsden, computer showing 6.5 hours, but that is with no stops. We also gain an hour at some point tomorrow, guessing as I cross into Alabama.
Everyone travel safe, and remember you can not shoot torpedoes in a Virginia rest area !!

The squirrel has landed!
1527117974751-690899008.jpg

Beautiful weather for now.

Site 3 and 4 are open.
15271182096781101963498.jpg
Randy and Chris's sites are currently occupied.

Flametamr came over and helped me unpack and set up. Much thanks there Joe.

Looking across from my site over the lake.
1527118360211921695019.jpg

Looking forward to some seafood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter