Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

Great news everybody! I found dinner for one night!
View attachment 323155

Man this gonna be good!

Guys?

Picked pigs lips, yummy for the tummy! That's the dessert right?!
Sorry guys but I personally prefer my pig lips in sausages or scrapple where they belong and I have eaten some very things To tell you the truth I really thought that was going to be the lure to get the gators into the ring

When you say early if you mean earlier than the 3 pm check in. Yes if the site is open you can roll on in a few hours early. That is what I plan on trying. It usually works sometimes it does not. Last year I had Michael scout my site out for me. I will be in first on Wednesday so I will try to ride around and check sites if needed. Just let me know the night before. I don't usually get on here much when camping.

I'll roll in hopefully some time around 5 or 6 on Wednesday. Plan on doing quick setup and heading to either the beach or Gulf Island Grill.

Like Joe, I'll help scout sites for you guys coming in after me if you need that.

Got truck washed today. My clothes are in camper and waiting on girls to pack theirs.

DW has been busy getting some shirts made.
IMAG1116.jpg

IMAG1117.jpg

IMAG1118.jpg

IMAG1119.jpg

To tell you the truth I really thought that was going to be the lure to get the gators into the ring

What!?

Wasting a delicacy like pickled pigs lips as gator bait? Are you running a fever?

That's what the caviar is for my boy.

The "broke" tshirt. :rotfl2:. You need to trademark that, tiggerdad.

I washed the car and trailer today.

And then it rained. :sad:

Well, more water doesn't hurt things. It's the dirt that sticks to it that does.

I didn't get everything done I wanted to today and with commitments on Monday and Tuesday evenings, I'll have to sort it out probably with a few visits to the Gulf Shores Wal-Mart after I arrive.

Safe travels, e'erbody.

Bama Ed

Our Son BBQ 6 racks of baby back ribs to bring for our feast. I can also bring a dessert & may bring ranch style beans or I will most likely make potato salad if everyone likes the Ranch Style Beans & potato salad. Someone let me know if this is OK. Our 1st visit, so not sure what y'all like.

Got a busy week ahead of me, power steering pump went out on the Pete over the weekend so that's on the list for today along with some other odds and ends that need some attention on the truck, headed to Sam's tonight to pick up some stuff for the trip, Wednesday I have to be at the camper dealer in Louisiana when they open to have a jack replaced that's leaking hydraulic fluid, Thursday will be wash and shine and load everything up day. Hopefully on Friday I'll get a early report from one of yall over at GSP park and I'll be headed that way via Mobile Bay ferry, (no wait strach that, I called and asked if my rig would fit on the ferry, I just heard laughing and then a dial tone, I'm taking that as a no). I'm saving Tuesday for what surprises I find while working on the truck today...:rolleyes1

Well looking at the available reservations for Gulf Shores, it appears that our site is open on Thursday night. Hmm, what are the chances we can roll in early ?? Would only be by about 2 hours early, since we will be traveling from Gadsden.

Myself and Joe and watch the site, even if someone picks it up that night before to ensure it's open. Typically, with the Memorial Day weekend coming up they try and let people get on their sites as soon as they can to avoid the clutter. One of us can post late Thursday or early Friday on the site status for everyone.

Our Son BBQ 6 racks of baby back ribs to bring for our feast. I can also bring a dessert & may bring ranch style beans or I will most likely make potato salad if everyone likes the Ranch Style Beans & potato salad. Someone let me know if this is OK. Our 1st visit, so not sure what y'all like.

We usually cook the feasts on the fly when we're down there. It's like we get together around lunch on that day and someone is like, "Hey, what's y'alls dinner plans today?" and somebody says "Well, I got 40# of chicken and a big cooking pot." and another Diser says, "I got a grill and half of a cow." Then, somebody says, "Great!, see you at 6." and that's usually the way the menu goes.

We start trying restaurants once the crowds from the weekend go away because we all like an opportunity to eat local seafood and not have to cook it ourselves.

So, pretty much bring the ribs. If we need to warm them on the grill we can certainly do that. I had 4 racks of frozen St. Louis style ribs I was going to grill, but if you are bringing those then I might instead offer to cook the beans and maybe grill some apples and cinnamon for a dessert instead. Wednesday we'll eat at restaurant and probably will for Thursday as well since that is the DW's "shopping day" at the outlets in Foley (I usually post pictures as I move from bench to bench carrying all the bags and responding to e-mails from my bank about the sudden increased withdrawals).

We'll sort it out as we go, but first meal is apparently Friday night at Ed's site for burgers and chicken I believe. Having to leave Tuesday means we'll miss out on the usual eats this year.

Thanks, we wil bring the ribs. They are fully cooked and in vacuum packs. We are hitting the road Wed and should be there on Thur afternoon. If we need to bring anything else, let us know. We will be going to the store on Tuesday.
The squirrels here are getting fat on Glo's bird and deer food. The deer are going thru 150lbs. of deer corn a week.
She does not allow us to eat them. The wild game comes to our place to die of old age.
Arnold

Thanks, we wil bring the ribs. They are fully cooked and in vacuum packs. We are hitting the road Wed and should be there on Thur afternoon. If we need to bring anything else, let us know. We will be going to the store on Tuesday.
The squirrels here are getting fat on Glo's bird and deer food. The deer are going thru 150lbs. of deer corn a week.
She does not allow us to eat them. The wild game comes to our place to die of old age.
Arnold

Got Winn Dixie, Wal Mart, and Rouses right close to GSP so shopping is easy on the fly.

The squirrels here are getting fat on Glo's bird and deer food. The deer are going thru 150lbs. of deer corn a week. She does not allow us to eat them. The wild game comes to our place to die of old age.

Arnold

:rotfl2:

I hope she doesn't try that with the gators in the lake. :eek:

Bama Ed

Myself and Joe and watch the site, even if someone picks it up that night before to ensure it's open. Typically, with the Memorial Day weekend coming up they try and let people get on their sites as soon as they can to avoid the clutter. One of us can post late Thursday or early Friday on the site status for everyone.

I agree. On big arrival periods (holiday weekends especially) they don't want to bottleneck the check-in/arrival area.

First let me Officially apologize for the weather we will be having. I think it's my fault. It stormed most of Spring Break when we were there.

I second the trademark on the #broke shirt. I really want one but would be very happy with just the iron on. I can buy a good shirt. LOL

Between Michael and I we will report on sites for everyone inbound.

My loading will start tomorrow and finish on Wednesday before I leave. Thanks to all the rain we have had and will have I'm on vehicle washing strike for a while. This morning I went to a job interview at the huge new Walmart distribution center we are opening here. I was told I will be hired but I have to wait a week or so for HR to call me back in with the actual job offer. So that may take up one of my days depending on the timing.

Speaking of timing. If I stay with Walmart it will most likely cause me to have to cancel our Halloween trip this year. That makes me sad and with my gangs silver passes going on block out June 4 to August and the way the weather is shaping up I'm really tempted to cut the camping short and head to Disney the week following Memorial Day. Now my mind is racing 300 mph. Decisions decisions and money.

I think so Michael. He's close to the minimum 6 feet. But you have to have the chicken attached to your body and not just around you in the water.

Well, tires on truck, and rain has arrived, yellow on radar is not good. Well break out the frog toggs and load up the remainder of the stuff. DW will be home later, and we have to take a trip to the vet. We believe our dog has gone in to kidney failure. So our trip may be a little sadder, we will know in a few hours. We will travel safe, and see everyone on Friday !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter