Hard time at a DVC resort

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
You've been sentenced to life imprisonment at a DVC resort. You cannot leave the resort, someone else will be doing all the fun things like working and shopping to support you. You can use all the restaurants and facilities at the resort, but cannot leave the resort grounds (it's your prison). Any resort, any room, your choice. No prison transfers allowed, you're stuck there for life.

Where are you doing time (room and resort)?

Feel free to ask clarifying questions. Like...if you choose BLT, yes you can use the CR and grounds as well. However, transportation is off limits at all resorts (no boats for you, no monorail, no sky thingies, no busses, etc...).

That’s a tough one. Villas at Wilderness Lodge....nice and quiet, by the water, lots of beautiful grounds....or maybe Copper Creek....I would insist on a cabin.
Or Saratoga Springs treehouse. Golf, solitude. Very nice spa.
Or Old Key West. Large area to roam around.
Funny because I’ve stayed at each (except Copper Creek) and have no desire to stay there again using my points.

Or Saratoga Springs treehouse. Golf, solitude. Very nice spa.
Yeah, I forgot about the golf course. That's a big plus when you're stuck there. SSR would give you the largest prison grounds. I might think about that.

Cool, you just answered what DH and I were about to ask if we chose BCV, could we eat at Ale & Compass or Yachtsman and swim in YC's quiet pool.

Okay, I choose a Grand Villa at VGF.

Tons of space, fabulous master bedroom shower that is also a steam room, a media room with a very cool tv, a pool table, fully equipped kitchen in case I get bored with GF restaurants and want to order from Garden Grocer and cook. (I can do that, right?) But, if I don't wanna, the GF and VGF have room service. It can darn well bring me breakfast in bed when I feel like it.

Restaurants? Wow! Bunches of fabulous ones, but they'd better open up V&A's and Garden View Tea Room before I'm incarcerated. Oh, and 1900 PF to get me my plates full of gummy bears and the characters!

Now, I presume my "prison uniform" can come from Curiouser Clothiers since you said any facilities. That place has some niiiiccce designer labels, yes, indeedy.

And a daily massage at the spa where they can keep my hair and nails as fashionable as my designer duds.

Hard time? :rotfl2: I could get used to this prison with very little effort. Not hard at all.

FUN question! Thanks much for asking. :flower3:

AKV - savanna view in Jambo House (is the pool table GV at Jambo House? that would help pass the time... :) ) - you would often find me at Boma in my striped pajamas...

(sometimes Jiko and Mara since the TS restaurants aren't open for lunch...)

At BCV or BWC, can you walk around the boardwalk area without going into any shops???

At BCV or BWC, can you walk around the boardwalk area without going into any shops???
You can walk the boardwalk and go in the shops at BWV if that is your prison. Same goes for walking around and going in the shops at BCV if you are incarcerated there.

BUT you can't go to BCV if you are at BWV and vice versa. This is HARD time in prison after all, it's not a country club or resort. Well, actually it is a resort...but you get the idea.

That would be a really hard decision between BCV and AKV. If the boardwalk was off-limits, then it AKV would be an easy choice for the theming, animals, and the restaurants.

But with the boardwalk included, then I think that I would lean to BCV, just for more stuff to do.

VGF would probably be a distant third choice, for the restaurants.

No question, the Boardwalk.

Three pools, multiple restaurants, a bakery, an ice cream shop, a couple of stores, views of Crescent Lake and the River that leads to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Epcot fireworks at night, entertainers on the Boardwalk, at least 3 places for drinks, a dance hall, and a piano bar.

Remember, the Boardwalk is a mini version of Disney Springs. There’s no other WDW DVC that comes close to BWV’s variety of entertainment.

As far as what room, that’s easy. A Grand Villa overlooking Crescent Lake, of course! :)

PVB in Tokelau, as I need to be isolated from the boat horns and announcements. Good views, great inside/outside bartenders, good burger, nice pools and the grounds are large enough to get a decent walk in with a good view.

This is actually a really good way to figure out what's important to you when even just booking a longer stay. Thanks for the thought process!

And I haven't worked out my answer yet. :)

🤔 For me, it’s gonna be between VGF and BCV!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter