Hats for Slink! (Please read) Now with MORE Photos!!! (pg 2, 4 AND 5)

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
To All my DIS Friends...

Some of you already have heard the news about Acebugdozer's Son Slinkyman's diagnoisis with Hodgkin's Lymphoma a little over a month ago. It came, as it always does, as a shock to everyone.

Travis (aka Slink, 13 yo) had his first Chemo Treatment last week, and it went better than they feared, but has caused some Nausa.... He has many more months of bi weekly Chemo treatments ahead of him, and posible radation down the long road... but all the doctors expect a FULL recovery. Thank goodness they caught it early....

His two biggest concerns right now... starting school and lossing his hair..... Well School started Tuesday and so far so good.... and his hair has not started to fall out, but very soon.

A lot of you know Bug and I are like Peas and Carrots on VMK, and Slinkyman is just the sweetest kid on VMK ever..... I wanted to try and do something to Cheer them up. And then it hit me.... HATS!!! Hats are THE thing in VMK... We all love our HATS!!! SLink is loosing his hair.... hats... no hair.... HATS FOR SLINK! WOOT!!!

Sooooooooo Here I am asking all my friends on the DIS to consider sending Slink a Hat. Doesnt have to be an expensive hat, but a hat that a 13 year old boy could wear to school would be awesome! Disney hats Great, Hats that say what City/Country your from even better. And it would be best to stick with Baseball Cap style hats, as he is only allowed to wear that style in school.

Post cards from your City are also most welcome! Thanks!

If your interested in sending a Hat for Slink! Send me a PM and I can forward you the PO BOX that I made Bug set up for Travis Benifit.

Thanks for reading this far.... and thanks for your consideration.

Bearz

And thanks so much Pete for letting me do this for Slink! Your the best!

Oh my gosh Laura, I LOVE THIS!! I am so excited to do something that can actually SHOW him we are thinking about him. I'm going to take my girls out tonight so we can pick one out for him! Thank you so much for coordinating it.

Woot!! We are going to get ours this weekend!! We gotcha covered Slink!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

This is awesome!
Does he have any REALLY favorite charactors, teams, places, colors?

I'd love the P.O. Box info!

Hugs to you all. Glad things are going well.

So sorry to hear that Acebugdozer's son is having to deal with this.
So glad to hear that he should have a full recovery!

I think the hat idea is wonderful. I will send a pm to request info.

Mickey and Goofy! (I said pete at first, but it is goofy) are his too favorite Disney Characters, but like I said above, Hats from where you are from.... or any cool hat a kid would like to wear works!

Can't do a Hat?? How about a post card from your city?

Thanks everyone for your support!

Mine is ready for shipping :) Thanks for doing this bearz hope lots of people get together on this.

w00t fab idea :goodvibes

Ok, now all I need to do is borrow a teenage boy to go shopping with me, because I'm too old and girly to know what's teenage boy cool... :rotfl:

I LOVE this idea! While I can't send a hat because of my age, I appreciate that you took the time to do this. Laura, you may want to post this on the CB to attract some more people from all over the boards.

Good news! I just saw slinkyman on VMK! :thumbsup2

I asked him how he was feeling, and he said better! :thumbsup2

i will ask my mum but i live in the uk so i dont know how much more they add on to p"n"p (postage and pagaging sp?)

i will ask my mum to take me to the disney store over the water and spend my pocket money on it for him.

This is such a great idea!

Unfortunately, due to my currently jobless status, I am unable to partake in this. :(

I do, however, wish to give Slink and him mom huge virtual (((HUGS))) and will pray for a quick recovery. :grouphug:

Today Slink is on his was for his second Chemo Treatment....

Good thoughts to you Slink!

Best Wishes and prayers for an easy treatment and recovery, Slink!
Thanks for keeping us up to date Bearz!
My box will ship out in the next day or so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter