Hats for Slink! (Please read) Now with MORE Photos!!! (pg 2, 4 AND 5)

Thanks everyone! I noticed that Slink is able to be connected to the internet while the Chemo drugs are being aminstered... which is nice, helps take his mind off of it and passes the time. Poor Bug though... no computer for her!

Hi Everyone!

What can I say I am so moved by all the wonderful and caring people here :goodvibes

These have been very trying times :sad2: but the times have been made easier to deal with thanks to all of you. I know sometimes I may not get messages answered but I am always so GREATFUL to all of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

I am so happy that Slinkyman has had VMK to help keep him busy during this time. It gives him something to focus on rather then worrying about himself.

He is doing well. He had his second treatment yesterday and seems to be doing good. He even went off to school today. I am very proud of him for being so brave and taking things like a real trooper. I have such great respect and admiration for him as I don't know if I could have handled something like this at his age.

I have to say a HUGE MEGA THANK YOU to "bears" as I like to call her. I truley believe i would not be able to get through this without all her help, kind words, encouragement and the will power to face the battle. She is an amazing person that mere words can not describe. :woohoo:

I thought you might like to meet Slinkyman. He is rather shy but I thought it important to put a face to his name. I am posting a picture of him in the hat that Laurabearz sent him. She likes to call him Slink so that is what is on his hat. The back says VMK.com and on 1 side it says bearz and the other says wdw expert. It is a fantastic hat that we all love.

Thanks again to all you wonderful people!!!!! :grouphug:
Bugdozer

Here is Slinkyman:

travhat.jpg

Great picture!
Its nice to put a cute face to the name! Great hat too...woot!
Keep us updated when you can, Bug!! Big hugs to you all!

Bugdozer - Thank you for posting and giving us an update. So glad to hear Slinkyman is doing so well with his treatments.

He should be receiving a package from me soon, it was mailed Tuesday :goodvibes

Hi Everyone,

I thought you all might like to see the hats and trinkets he is recieveing. The package today arrived just signed by a "Dis Friend". I thought if I post a picture of Slinkyman with the items you know who you are that sent it and we can thank you for the items.

So Who ever you are many many thanks! :worship: :worship: Look at the smile. Everything is perfect. He loves all of it and really loves the pins. We put them on the hat for the picture but they may end up on his Disney Pins Corkboard. It is so VERY NICE of you to send a package to cheer him up. :cloud9:

And once again thanks Bears for your awesome idea!!!!!

Bugdozer

Slinkyman

indhat.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Well another package and time for another picture. Slinkyman loves his new hat and really LOVED the Happiest Homecoming On Earth Pins. We have not been to Disneyland so he thinks they are really cool! :woohoo:

Once again Thank you! I know who you are and this is so wonderful and nice of you. Look at that happy smile!

Bugdozer

calhat.jpg

Hi Again!

Yesterday was such a fun day as 2 packages arrived! Picture below is Slink with the hats from the second package. It is a combination picture as there were 3 hats in the package!! What an awesome thing.
Poor Slinkyman's hair is starting to fall out real fast so he will be needing all these. How fun to get up in the moring and decide which hat you want to wear today.

To the sender of this package we know who you are we are ever so grateful!!! :grouphug: Thank you for your kind gift. How cool to have hats from all different parts of the country.

All of you have brighten our days,
Many thanks,
Bugdozer
And MANY thanks to Bears for organizing this and being there for us :love:

fldall3.jpg

Hi Everyone!

Time for another picture of Slink in his newest hat. Great Hat! We won't mention any names but we know who sent it and thanks a milllion times over :cheer2: .
Slink looks a little tired in this picture as he had just finished 2 1/2 hours of homework- alot for a healthy kid never mind one who is not well :sad2: .

Many many thanks to all of you for your great support in this!!
Bugdozer

njhat.jpg

Is that the covering for the PICC Line on his left arm??

Love the Soarin Shirt!

Bugdozer said:
Hi Everyone,

I thought you all might like to see the hats and trinkets he is recieveing. The package today arrived just signed by a "Dis Friend". I thought if I post a picture of Slinkyman with the items you know who you are that sent it and we can thank you for the items.

So Who ever you are many many thanks! :worship: :worship: Look at the smile. Everything is perfect. He loves all of it and really loves the pins. We put them on the hat for the picture but they may end up on his Disney Pins Corkboard. It is so VERY NICE of you to send a package to cheer him up. :cloud9:

And once again thanks Bears for your awesome idea!!!!!

Bugdozer

Love the pics! He looks like he's holding his own so far. The first hat must have been from a fellow Hoosier DISer (not me, unfortunately). :)

I do want to give you and Slink and your family a huge hug. :grouphug:
Keep up the positive attitudes and I will be praying for a quick and relatively easy recovery. :grouphug:

Laurabearz said:
Is that the covering for the PICC Line on his left arm??

Love the Soarin Shirt!

Hiya Bears!
Yes that is the covering for his picc line. It will go away next week when he has surgery to put a port in under his skin on his chest :sad2:
Brave kid.......

Bug

cteddiesgirl said:
Love the pics! He looks like he's holding his own so far. The first hat must have been from a fellow Hoosier DISer (not me, unfortunately). :)

I do want to give you and Slink and your family a huge hug. :grouphug:
Keep up the positive attitudes and I will be praying for a quick and relatively easy recovery. :grouphug:

Awe Thanks cteddiesgirl! Yes hat was form IN.

Bugdozer

Hi all!

Just a couple quick comments - Slink, you will LOVE your porta cath - it makes the chemo delivery so much easier!!!

Also, when my hair started falling out, I went to a sports barber chain - (we lived somewhere else then, so I don't recall the name but it was a chain) and had them SHAVE MY HEAD !!! IT was really fun! and you can ask them to do a design (really short, though) - or just shave it - then you don't have the gloom of gobs of hair falling out and looking strange. Also, I mentioned I was doing chemo and the guy wouldn't let me pay for the haircut! Wasn't that nice??

Hang in there - we are ALL rooting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to take a moment to thank everyone who has taken the time to send Slink something.... It really is lifting his spirits!! And mine too... I am all warm and fuzzy that so many of you have sent in things!

Thanks so much.

This is amazing...as I'm reading this thread I can't help but tear up from how happy I am to see SOOO many people working to help out such an awesome kid! This is so incredibly moving and I wish Slinkyman THE BEST in his recovery!

Peri said:
Hi all!

Just a couple quick comments - Slink, you will LOVE your porta cath - it makes the chemo delivery so much easier!!!

Also, when my hair started falling out, I went to a sports barber chain - (we lived somewhere else then, so I don't recall the name but it was a chain) and had them SHAVE MY HEAD !!! IT was really fun! and you can ask them to do a design (really short, though) - or just shave it - then you don't have the gloom of gobs of hair falling out and looking strange. Also, I mentioned I was doing chemo and the guy wouldn't let me pay for the haircut! Wasn't that nice??

Hang in there - we are ALL rooting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
Thanks for the words of encouragement. He is nervous about the port since it requires surgery to put it in.
He won't quiet give in yet to having it shaved. I figure when it starts to look bad he will decided to do it. I will let him make that call :)
Bugdozer

Hi,
Sorry I have fallen a little behind on getting my pictures posted. Here is Slink in a number 5 hat. What a cute idea sending the flat with the hat. To the sender thank you for the wonderful letter on hope and encouragement. We really like the comparison to a war. Go Meds :cheer2: !
Thanks you so much for your thoughful gift,
Many thanks,
Bugdozer

arzhat.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter