Hats for Slink! (Please read) Now with MORE Photos!!! (pg 2, 4 AND 5)

Hi Again :)

Here is the next package of goodies. OMG he was like a kid at Christmas :banana: He LOVED everything in the box. The pumpkin Mickey Ears are awesome(I say we need them in VMK for our peeps). So thoughtful of you to have his name on them. He will have these for a very long time with his orginal mickey ears. The are perfect.
It amazes me that every hat he has recieved is different and he did not have any of them before. The 06 hat is great and it can remind him of the year he will beat this thing and the Sorceror Mickey hat is beautiful with great coloring. He loved the VMK cards and the pins...What can i say he FLIPPED over the pins!!! He was so excited he was shaking and he was so happy that I was crying-but a happy cry.
Thank you for brightening our day with your wonderful gifts. A million thank yous is not enough!
Bugdozer

fla3.jpg
fla2.jpg

fla1.jpg

Bugdozer said:
Hi Again :)

Here is the next package of goodies. OMG he was like a kid at Christmas :banana: He LOVED everything in the box. The pumpkin Mickey Ears are awesome(I say we need them in VMK for our peeps). So thoughtful of you to have his name on them. He will have these for a very long time with his orginal mickey ears. The are perfect.
It amazes me that every hat he has recieved is different and he did not have any of them before. The 06 hat is great and it can remind him of the year he will beat this thing and the Sorceror Mickey hat is beautiful with great coloring. He loved the VMK cards and the pins...What can i say he FLIPPED over the pins!!! He was so excited he was shaking and he was so happy that I was crying-but a happy cry.
Thank you for brightening our day with your wonderful gifts. A million thank yous is not enough!
Bugdozer

I realize that seeing a smile on any kids face makes my day great. I am so glad he enjoyed everyone else's gift :)

Well since my mom would probably freak out if i sent a junk-load of hats and pins to someone i didn't really know, i'll send you a virtual hat Slink!

It's my Tron Ears! Don't forget to get your Tron on Slink ;) Hang in there buddy, I know you'll be just fine :thumbsup2

tronearsds3.png

Again, I apologize that i couldn't get you a real hat, but this is the best i can do under the circumstances :guilty:

CapEldano2 said:
Again, I apologize that i couldn't get you a real hat, but this is the best i can do under the circumstances :guilty:

You know... him just knowing that your rooting for him is more than enough.... it really is the thought that counts... :-)

Hi!

The response from the hat drive has been amazing. You all are truely a wonderful bunch of people :goodvibes

To all of you who have come to visit me on the game or in this post to wish Slinkyman well thank you so much it means a lot to us.

To my special visitor thank you for taking the time to care and stop by to wish Slink well. It is so wonderful and nice of you to care. :goodvibes :goodvibes

I have learned that there is true Disney Spirit left in this world and Walt would be proud of all of you. Thank you all for helping us and mostly Slinkyman get through a very tough time.

With that said I am still about 3 hats behind on pictures. Here are some pictures from a wonderful package he recieved from California. Awesome hats! And needless to say he loved the VMK cards. Slink is keeping an eye
on his father who seems to want to sneak that California flame hat from him to wear :lmao: .

Thank you to the wonderful sender for everything!

Bugdozer

cahat.jpg
ca2hat.jpg

We bought Slink a hat off of ebay and had it sent directly to him. It should hopefully be there soon. We thought it would be a good hat for Halloween month. :)

I can't send a real hat but I know you can get through this but I can get him a hat in vmk soon :)

My parents don't like that I spend so much time playing VMK and posting here so they wouldn't understand if I wanted to send a hat.

So since I can't send a real hat, I can certainly send in a virtual hat to slink. PM me bug so I can meet you in VMK and give you a hat for him :) .

My grandad had Chronic Lymphatic Lymphoma and I know this must be a difficult time for you, but I know you'll get through it and I hope slink is doing better :goodvibes

~Sparky

Hey, Im sorry I cant send you a REAl hat because my mom would flip if I just send a hat to someone I dont know :( BUT GET WELL SLINK!! IM ROOTING FOR YOU! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

weird. i saw someone a few days ago in super FoodTown that looked JUST LIKE HIM!!! maybe.... NAH!! get well slink, i wish i could send a hat but i cant so ill send virtual vibes!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Funniebunny said:
Hi, how is Slink doing?

I will be sending my cap this week.

Hi All,

Sorry I am so behind in getting photos done of Slink in all his hats. You all have been so generous and we thank you all.

Slink is doing ok. It is just as they said he has good days and bad days. Luckily he has more good then bad. He has finshed 4 rounds of Chemotherapy which they call 2 cycles. With each new treatment he becomes a little more tired now for a day or 2 after. His next treatment next week they will do a PET scan to check on the progress of the cancer.

He has done very well to keep up in school. His progress report had all A's and B's :thumbsup2 . He has missed about 6 days which is really not that bad considering all he has been through.

He still has some hair left but it is VERY thin. He is lucky that is has been falling out evenly not in clumps. You can see his scalp but he is not ready to shave it off yet.

The doctor gave the approval for him to travel on his trip next month to our favorite place-WDW! :banana: We of course had planned this trip long before his diaganosis. They had told us from the begining to not cancel our plans so we have been waiting and hoping he could go. He will have to be careful when there to not over do it. We will have him use wheel chairs or scooters when we feel he is tired and needs them. They will be good for getting around but he will be able to wait in lines with everyone else. We will have to be real careful of that wonderful Florida sun. The meds make him burn more quickly so he will be brining a bunch of your hats to protect his head.
This will be an interesting trip as my emotions are all over the place since all this has happened and I am likely to bawl like a baby when he and I get on Main Street and I give him a big hug. He really needs this trip. I know he won't forget what's going on but at least it will not be the item he thinks about all the time. He will be thinking about where are those dole whips, going to VMK central, fireworks, parades and all the rides.

Thank you again to all you wonderful wonderful people who have brighten his day :grouphug: I will try to get more pictures posted soon and thanks to everyone who comes to me in the game to ask about him and give good wishes.

Year of a Million Dreams- my dream is that Slink gets well and the next trip after the one next month we can step on Main street and he and I can cry as he will be cancer free-I know he can beat this-Love ya Slink :love:

Thanks
Bug

Bug that is great to hear that all of yall are keeping your spirits up, But i do have to say"No fair!!"

you need to warn me about posts like that. Its not right that a big guy like me should be sitting here crying like a baby when i read that post.

Hugs to you and SLinky

Hi Laurabearz,
I sent a pm requesting the address so I could send my hat to Slink. I just wanted to check and see if you got it? I'm not the most computer literate person so I just wanted to make sure I sent it to the right place. :goodvibes

Thank you!

thanks for the update Bug! You have all been on my mind lately, so its perfect timing!

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip, full of the magic only Disney can bring! What dates are you guys going to be there?

Hugs, prayers and pixiedust to you all!

Hi All,

Once again I apologize for the delay in getting pictures posted. There are many to post so I will say a

BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE

who has sent Slink a hat. They are all greatly appreciated :thumbsup2

i will do several posts and see if you can find the hat you sent. Hugs to all of you!

Bug

hata.jpg
hatb.jpg
hatc.jpg
hatd.jpg
hatf.jpg
hatg.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter