Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy mine that have some fat on it. I put it in fat side down. I put in a can of cream of mushroom a packae onion soup mix, sliced onions, potatoes, and carrots. I set the crock to 8 hours. Come home to a juicy piece of meat and a complete meal.
That sounds good with the mushroom soup :thumbsup2

I buy mine that have some fat on it. I put it in fat side down. I put in a can of cream of mushroom a packae onion soup mix, sliced onions, potatoes, and carrots. I set the crock to 8 hours. Come home to a juicy piece of meat and a complete meal.

Well now that sounds like something I could actually do! :thumbsup2

Although DH will probably think he walked in the wrong house. :rotfl:

Are you not a cook? I love to use my slow cooker. I use it a lot. I love that I do not have to cook when I get home except for something little like sides or veggies.

I am an east coast girl. DH & I are pretty new to SoCal. Spring '08 in the OC and then March '10 in SD County ... but I will tell you my blood has thinned ... I was out walking yesterday with DH ... it got to 68 degrees bright sun and I had on a fleece, one of those winter puffy vests over the fleece and gloves. :blush: Ugh. Actually, it was like 64 when we left the house. ;)

I used to be able to tolerate temps in the MINUS'. :sad2:

Isn't it amazing how pampered we get with our weather? It's funny because when I get to Southern California I think everyone is crazy for wearing jackets in the high 60's and then by the time I go home I am too.:rotfl2:

Good morning lovely DIS friends :goodvibes

Good Morning!!

Good news: I am feeling better today! Told you I would stay healthy for you Michele :goodvibes

So todays weather where I live is insane fog. It's finally lifting a little, but it was bad when I left for breakfast. And it's cold. Can I please go back to Santa Monica. I don't want to be home anymore.

I am thrilled to hear you are feeling better. We were clear and bright but covered with ice this morning. At least when it's foggy we don't ten to have the ice.

ok, not trying to change the subject here, but i have a question. How do you make a roast in the crockpot that is moist and juicy. I cook mine all day on low, and it is totally covered in liquid, and it falls apart when i take it out. But, it's still dry. And my husband complains. How do you guys cook roasts? Maybe I need to use a roast with some fat on it? I always get the leanest piece i can find. My husband say you need the fat for moisture and flavor. What do you guys think?:confused3

The fat does make a huge difference on that. It's a trade off. But there are ways to help your meat out too. If you sear it before you put it in the crockpot you are supposed to be searing a little bit of the moistness in. Water tends to dry it out. I don't add water to mine. I get the moisture in my crockpot by using onions, tomatoes and such in there for that.

And there are some great cookbooks for that too. I have a few of the cook it and forget it cookbooks. Best money I ever spent.

Are you not a cook? I love to use my slow cooker. I use it a lot. I love that I do not have to cook when I get home except for something little like sides or veggies.

Jenn, not at all ... but I do have a crock and I have made mostly casseroles in it. I make an awesome chili, and a hearty beef stew. I have never done a roast BUT I need to look into it. That really sounds very doable for me. Oh cheesy chicken is awesome as well!!!

I actually just bought a brand new crock pot this Thanksgiving in one of those awesome Kohl's sales and an additional 30% off. All programmable but I have not tried it yet. I always still go to my good ole crock pot.

Tonight, I am making baked pork chops/baked potatoes/string beans! :thumbsup2

sounds good. I will try and get a fattier piece. I am making a roast tomorrow, and i am determined to make my husband tell me how delicious my roast is.:)

ok, not trying to change the subject here, but i have a question. How do you make a roast in the crockpot that is moist and juicy. I cook mine all day on low, and it is totally covered in liquid, and it falls apart when i take it out. But, it's still dry. And my husband complains. How do you guys cook roasts? Maybe I need to use a roast with some fat on it? I always get the leanest piece i can find. My husband say you need the fat for moisture and flavor. What do you guys think?:confused3

We had this for dinner last night, minus the onion soup. I put the fat side up so the flavoring can seep down into the meat. DH likes a ton of spices, he's constantly going behind me and putting in more pepper. I used 2 cans of cream of muschroom and 2 cans of water, baby carrots, potatoes, celery. I cook mine on the low setting for at least 6 hours.

My go to meal is Salsa chicken. I then use the leftovers to make enchiladas then freeze them for a later day

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 package taco seasoning.
1 jar salsa
1 can cream of mush or cream of chicken

Can for 6 - 8 hours.

When done shred chicken with fork and add 8 oz of sour cream you can put less if you want more spice to it.

You can put it in tortillas for tacos or burritos use it as a filling for enchiladas, put it over rice. it is just so good.

I think it really depends on the type of meat you choose, and how long you cook it for...

I am not a gourmet chef by any stretch, but here’s what I do.

First I take the cut of meat and I rub vegetable oil on it, and the place it in a shallow pan and sear it with garlic and onion powder on both sides. (this helps a lot with the flavor.)

Then I take beef broth, ¼ cup of water, and onion soup mix and put it in the crock pot with carrots, and onions.

Put the meat in, and then cook it on very low all day long...

I have never had a problem with dry roast, as long as you put enough broth and juice, and make sure it’s seared very well on all sides it should turn out well.

It also might have something to do w/ your crock pot. I know I was having issues with getting chicken to cook well in my crock pot, they were always coming out dry, and I had to get a new one, and now it cooks them perfectly.

^_^

Chicken and stuffing

4 boneless skinless chicken breast

Mix one package of stuffign and one large can of cream of mushroom together. Dump on top of chicken and cook for 6 - 8 hours

You can also place cheese between the layers. It is really good that way to. I have used swiss and american

My go to meal is Salsa chicken. I then use the leftovers to make enchiladas then freeze them for a later day

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 package taco seasoning.
1 jar salsa
1 can cream of mush or cream of chicken

Can for 6 - 8 hours.

When done shred chicken with fork and add 8 oz of sour cream you can put less if you want more spice to it.

You can put it in tortillas for tacos or burritos use it as a filling for enchiladas, put it over rice. it is just so good.

See, this is what I love! Nice and easy and delicious! :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting that recipe! :goodvibes

I have a brother who once burned peas.

See, when you have a problem boiling water, you know you have a problem!! I tried making baked ziti a while back ago. Grated the heck out of my poor knuckle and let's not even go into the rest of it. I'm terrified of the kitchen. I'm hoping when I have my Mickey kitchen supplies that I'll be encouraged to spend time in there, lol.

Maybe.

And be sure that when I do I come to ya'll for help!!

I have a brother who once burned peas.

I can top that one.

I once burned RAMEN NOODLE SOUP. In a MICROWAVE! HAHA!

I had one of my many blonde moments, was texting someone on my phone while making the soup at lunch, and forgot to add water to the little container the noodles are in. I sat down at the lunch table, and soon smelled something very....interesting...like burnt popcorn with a side of hot buttcheeks...

I open the microwave and all this smoke comes out, and my noodles are black. *facepalm*

I threw the noodles away, ran out of the lunchroom, and all day at my desk I could hear people saying “someone burned something horrible in the lunchroom!” “It smells so bad in there!”

I just put my head down, and tried not to make eye contact with anyone for the rest of the day. No one ever found out it was me. LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter