• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long did your engagement last?

2 1/2 months (2 weeks after we met). It would have been sooner, but we had to wait for my 2nd divorce to be final.

And yes, third time’s a charm, 21 years later.

We were never engaged. We were living together and one day decided we wanted to get married. No proposal or engagement ring. If I wanted a ring, it would have been another year to wait so he could save enough to buy one. I decided I'd rather be married. That was in September and we got married in December.

A little less than 6 weeks. We had been dating about 8 months (friends for years) and we found out we were expecting DS19. (DS22 is my stepson) We had been talking about getting married anyway and just decided to do it. I don’t think a single person besides us thought it was going to last, lol, though most were very supportive. Our 20th wedding anniversary is coming up in July.

1 year and 6 days.

Of course if I had had my way it would have been a week...I was good with just heading to the courthouse but the husband wanted an actual wedding with all our family.

Second marriage...11 days - met here on the DIS, engaged after living together for three months and he proposed in Epcot on my birthday, City Hall wedding 11 days later (long story short, I am Canadian, he's American, my time in the US was limited before I was required to return to Canada, plus we knew it was going to be forever, so why wait?) - 3.5 years later, still like newlyweds :)

Met in college.
Dated three years.
Engaged one month.
Married 43 years as of last week.
Two children, three grandchildren.

Met dating other people
Became friends
Hung out as friends in a group for 2 years
Became very close friends (no, not with benefits)
Decided we couldn't just "date" as we could ruin our friendship, so decided to get married
Instant engagement really.

Engaged for 6 months.

Knew each other from kindergarten.
"Went together" for a couple weeks in junior high.
Started dating after high school.
Dated one year.
Engaged two years.
Married for 23 years.
In the last year, we broke the barrier where we've been together longer than we were not... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter