How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

7 days July 2018, 4 adults

Airfare, first class
Grand Floridian CL(RPC) - Grand Suite
Deluxe DP
6-day Park Hopper
4-days of CL extra purchased FP+
1-day, 2-park Universal w/ Private VIP Tour
One afternoon GF Spa escape
Three desert party evenings, 1 evening HEA boat charter

about $40,000

My husband and I are going on an adults only trip to Disneyland with another couple in October.

4 nights at Four points by Sheraton $475 booked through get away today
Airfare is booked on southwest with points so $22.40 in taxes and fees
(2) 3 day 1 park per day tickets $517 on last minute travel
(2) premium character meal vouchers $96 on get away today

$1110.40 plus how ever much (2) Halloween party tickets end up costing

5 of us going to DL May 26-29th. Dh, myself, DS18, DD21 and her Boyfriend22. DD and boyfriend are paying for their own tickets and food so those are not factored in.

Driving from Az- Minivan rental $300 + $150 gas= $450
Hotel- Staying in in-laws Timeshare= free for us
Tickets for 3 of us- 2 Day non hoppers= $600
Food- Will have groceries in room for breakfast and dinner (has a full kitchen) buying lunch in parks= $150 for both days including snacks
Total= $1200

Have $500 in Disney reward dollars + $200 cash saved to take with us for food
Cost to us= $500

We like to do these short 3 nights trips at least once or twice a year. Always costs us approx this amount unless we can't get the timeshare then we have to pay for hotel.

DLR aprox. $6,000.
Staying at GCH, $3,000.
Tickets + Maxpass $600
One planned dining meal $150.
Parking $300
Souvenirs $150
Food $900
And then misc. items
Dog sitter $600
Wiggle Room $300

Flying one way for 5- $30 (taxes)- had enough SW points to cover all 5 flights.
Bonnet Creek - 5 nights in a 2 bd condo- $725
4 tickets-3 over 10 and 1 under 10 (1 under 2, so no ticket needed) $1500
Minivan rental for 1 week and driving back to home airport- $192.96
Food - probably/ another $1000 - 1 character meal per day( breakfasts which are usually cheaper than dinners) plus other meals

Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour- $1000 - not something I would consider ordinarily but my daughter is having brain surgery than will have a 1 year recuperative period. I want she and her kids to enjoy all of the MK classic rides without standing in long lines or being overly exposed to the heat which could bring on seizures. In the old days, a GAC card would have helped tremendously but from what I understand, the new system is not as good. Don't want her stressed.

Total- $4447.96

Flying one way for 5- $30 (taxes)- had enough SW points to cover all 5 flights.
Bonnet Creek - 5 nights in a 2 bd condo- $725
4 tickets-3 over 10 and 1 under 10 (1 under 2, so no ticket needed) $1500
Minivan rental for 1 week and driving back to home airport- $192.96
Food - probably/ another $1000 - 1 character meal per day( breakfasts which are usually cheaper than dinners) plus other meals

Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour- $1000 - not something I would consider ordinarily but my daughter is having brain surgery than will have a 1 year recuperative period. I want she and her kids to enjoy all of the MK classic rides without standing in long lines or being overly exposed to the heat which could bring on seizures. In the old days, a GAC card would have helped tremendously but from what I understand, the new system is not as good. Don't want her stressed.

Total- $4447.96

Oh my goodness, sending prayers for your daughter.

Going Summer 2018 - 7 days - 3 people

Airfare - totally paid for with airline points except for 33.60 in fees
Food - hopefully paid for with gift cards earned on reward sites and credit card cash back (almost half way there)
Park Tix - under $1400
Room - DVC (annual dues only)
miscellaneous - food and purchases not covered with free gift cards, etc - under $500 for sure

So total is under $1900 if I don't include annual DVC dues which need to be paid whether we go to Disney or not.

Last edited:
Taking two trips this year...

Disneyland and CA Adventure, July 2018:
Airfare: $287 out of pocket, the rest covered on point (flying from Dulles to LAX)
Hotel: $260 at a Best Western within walking distance of the parks
Food/Souvenirs: $500 (budgeting generously here because I suspect we will want a lot of souvenirs from Pixarfest)
Tickets: $420 for two day park tickets. I have enough in Disney GCs I've earned from reward sites to cover this.
Uber/Shuttle Service: TBD

WDW, November 2018:
Transportation: Driving. $250 for fuel and stops for food
Hotels: One along the drive ($90 if we don't have points to use). Currently $540 for one night at Beach Club Villas :faint: Waiting for fall discounts to come out for this. May change our hotel to something else. Will stay our remaining three nights at a hotel near Universal. Currently looking at Avanti Resort for about $80/night.
Tickets: Two MVMCP tickets ($109pp) and one day HS tickets ($107pp). 2 park 2 day US tickets ($265). Will use discounted gift cards to offset this cost.
Food/Souvenirs: TBD. We split a lot of meals at WDW, but I haven't looked at the US menus carefully yet. I suspect there will be a number of souvenirs we'll want from MVMCP and WWOHP.

I don't want to add up the total... :laughing:

Doing a mother/daughter trip since ds started working part time and dh would have to be dragged there lol!

Hotel-- 7 nights All Star Music summer special $925 ($1225 cdn)
Tickets-- 2 adult 3 day base from Undercover Tourist $620 ($815 cdn)
Airfare-- $830 cdn non-stop flights and will be using Disney express from/to airport
Food-- Doing oop $100/day so $700 ($925 cdn)
Managed by some miracle to get an O'hana adr at 77 days out-- $110 with tip ($145 cdn)

Total-- around $3850 cdn. Not bad considering the 32% exchange rate.

Last edited:
So I've been in a cruddy mood of late and needed to get away before I lost it, so I was playing around and got round trip airfare, a night at the Swan, and a rental car for $413. Granted it's for flying down on Saturday morning and returning Sunday night, but any little bit helps!
I've already got an annual pass, and will be paying oop for food, so maybe 120 for that.

DD24 and I will be at WDW from 8/22-8/28. Right now I have a package with NO discounts at all for $2500 that includes 6 day base tickets, 6 nights at ASMu, and the DDP (1QS/1TS/2 snacks per person, per day). We'll use Magical Express so no rental car costs, and SW rapid rewards points for airfare (basically free, about $44 for the round-trip taxes and fees). I ran the numbers and with the new "adult beverage" inclusion on the dining plan, it makes it worthwhile for us. I am hoping to score Free Dining when (IF) it is offered; even with the upgrade to park hopper passes and dining plan (because values only get QSDP), I'd save about $475!

I'll update this, as summer room discounts have come out. Right now, our package is $2300, but I'll shave that down. I am hoping for free dining, which even upgraded will bring the package in at about $1800. I could do this totally free with our saved Disney VISA rewards points, but instead might use $500 in gift cards to trim this up a bit. We aren't souvenir people- after 28 trips to Disney, who needs more "stuff?" Besides, we'd rather drink that money, or save it towards another trip! Final cost will depend on how many (if any) of our rewards points I want to use, or if I want to save them for a future trip with DH.

Last edited:
Hopefully -250, as in we aren't going. I had a few VGC points and booked a room at the end of September. I hope I can rent it out to someone eventually. If not, I'll call my brother who lives in Irvine and see if he wants to just stay there. We decided to try some cruises the this year and next. Not Disney cruiseline, though, because it's just me and DH.

If we go (me & DD) we will be there 5 nights FD at one of the values for $1650. I did this before the ticket increase so it should be a little more. We drive so I would add about another $350 for gas and non FD meals. I would say 2K is a close approximation. We don't eat that much and could probably save a little more money if we got a room discount instead of FD but seeing as it wouldn't be that much we opt for FD so we don't have to worry about it.

Between 6-7k for our December 2019 trip. Staying off site in a rental home. 6 day park tickets. We're spending a day at Universal. Driving roundtrip from IL and staying both ways in Georgia. Spending money. Food.

We are heading to Dinseyland Paris... our 1st trip to France (will be in Paris for 5 nights)... 3 nights at Newport Bay Hotel Compass club level Lakeview room, with park hoppers, half board plus, 1 extra fast pass per person per day, plus club privileges, and Magical shuttle back to CDG ... 2,000.00 dollars for what's listed, but that's just the Disney part of the vacation...

Flights, Hotel, Park Tickets and Universal Tickets £5K. Im not sure what were going to spend whilst were there but im expecting £2K or more, we have 5 character meals booked already and were going to MNSSHP for 2 nights

May trip: Airfare 299 for wife and I Houston to Orlando on SW. Park tickets, third trip on our AP have used it for 15 days so far and another 7 this time. Room only Port Orleans, French Quarter Garden View $1500, Food and Drink 1000, so about 2800 for this one. September at AoA will be about 1500 for room and have to renew AP's in June so about 1500 plus Food and Drink. December Pop Century 1000, AP's cover tickets and another 1000 for Food and Drink. September airfare on points (SW) and December airfare yet to be determined.

We are going in October - me, DH, and DS (2), driving from central IL

5 nights @ Poly (standard room) - $2151.55 ($430.31 per night)
5 day tickets, no add-ons - $737.90 ($368.95 per ticket)
We booked EMM, so that’s another $146.98 ($73.49 per person)
Rooms for the way down & back - $242 total

We don’t really have a food budget and I’ve booked some ADRs. I’m also planning to order a birthday cake for my son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter