How to Personalize DISigns w/ MS Word:POST#85 Name Fills #92 Advanced #241 Newsletter

I read on the first page about making your own picture text and I tried it.....It didn't work. I think (I am not very computer savvy) that I have XP.

So when I make the word art, and type my name - this works great, but when I try to add the picture, it just shows up in the back ground. Also you instructions to "fill word art" I don't get that option.

Can you tell what I am doing wrong??

I read on the first page about making your own picture text and I tried it.....It didn't work. I think (I am not very computer savvy) that I have XP.

So when I make the word art, and type my name - this works great, but when I try to add the picture, it just shows up in the back ground. Also you instructions to "fill word art" I don't get that option.

Can you tell what I am doing wrong??

I have a different version of Word, but there is a post on this thread (I think) where someone gave advice for how to use the word art in XP to make a name fill.

Thank you so much for posting these instructions!!

I hate bothering all the wonderful DISigners all the time just to personalize stuff...

Now I can putter away to my heart's content!!

Hi Dolly I AM SO SORRY TO BOTHER U :( But i am not able to add My daughters name to the following items. And they all match her theme party. If its not to much trouble can you please add her name to all of them.

Scallop Circle Minnie Blank - Happy 3rd Birthday Abigail
Thanks Blank-Thanks for Celebrating Abigail's 3rd Birthday
Scallop Zebra Minnie Bow Example-Happy 3rd Birthday Abigail
Scallop Circle Minnie Example-It's Abigails 3rd Birthday

THANK YOU and you want to charge me thats ok. I really appreciate everything you all do. :0)

Monica

Hi Dolly I AM SO SORRY TO BOTHER U :( But i am not able to add My daughters name to the following items. And they all match her theme party. If its not to much trouble can you please add her name to all of them.

THANK YOU and you want to charge me thats ok. I really appreciate everything you all do. :0)

Monica

and you can email them to
monique1739@yahoo.com

Monica

Monica

and you can email them to
monique1739@yahoo.com

I was spending 4+ hours a day personalizing and making things for others on the board so I started my own party printable company, but I do not use Disney images as it is illegal to profit from the sell of trademarked images. I started this thread so that others could learn how to personalize blank items themselves using a program that most everyone has on their computer. I'm not sure if you can arch words using MS Word to fit in a circle but you can easily add names and information into the circles in a straight line using the instructions on this thread.

Thank you for posting theses instructions. Your willingness to offer help is very refreshing!

Dolly, YOU ROCK!

Thank you so much for posting these tutorials! Because I am not able to fill requests right now, I hope that these wonderful directions can help people personalize my designs (and many others) to add a little pixie dust to their trips!
I have tried to look at yur link but it says I need a password? Is this right?

Thanks

I have tried to look at yur link but it says I need a password? Is this right?

Thanks

You shouldn't need a password. Try clicking on the link in my signature. If you still have the same problem send me a pm. 4shared acts up a lot.

Hi Dolly,

I am looking for something similar to your Bottle Cap Designs , the Minnie Head, I am looking a pink polka dot (where you have the zebra stripe) and black head in the middle . Is this something you can do ? I am wanting to make some cupcake toppers with them for a 1st birthday . I am looking for something about 2 inches in diameter. ( are the resizable ? as I am making a centerpiece also and need one about 3 inches for that )

Thanks for your help !

Sue

Hi Dolly,

I am looking for something similar to your Bottle Cap Designs , the Minnie Head, I am looking a pink polka dot (where you have the zebra stripe) and black head in the middle . Is this something you can do ? I am wanting to make some cupcake toppers with them for a 1st birthday . I am looking for something about 2 inches in diameter. ( are the resizable ? as I am making a centerpiece also and need one about 3 inches for that )

Thanks for your help !

Sue

I started my own party printable company (non Disney as you can't profit from the sell of trademarked images) and I moved to Switzerland so I'm not taking on any requests.

Im sooooo very sorry to bother, I hope you still check this thread.. I have been trying to follow your directions and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I tried to add wording to a bag topper and it just would not work. I do use a mac with the newest version of Word. I also have Pages. I get the design onto a page but when I add the text box it removes half the design. Can you help me with this? Thank you in advance for your time!

This is the greatest thread! You are so kind to share all this info!

I am not familiar with mac, but learning on word. Sounds like you need to go to format, shape fill - choose no fill, shape outline - choose no outline. Hope that helps:)

Hi Dolly,

I'm sure you've heard this before atleast once :rotfl2: but your Dissigns are truly amazing :thumbsup2. I have been over most of your pages and it is so hard to decide. Back to my decision process!
Keep up the excellent work!

pirate:

Hi Dolly,

I'm sure you've heard this before atleast once :rotfl2: but your Dissigns are truly amazing :thumbsup2. I have been over most of your pages and it is so hard to decide. Back to my decision process!
Keep up the excellent work!

pirate:

Thanks so much for your words of praise!:cool1:

Help!

I've used the instructions on this thread lots of times with great success - thank you.

But now....... we have a new pc and have office 2010 and I'm really struggling with the differences in the icons, and finding how to do what I did in Word 2003!. Are there any up to date instructions for 2010 anywhere?

Many apologies if there are I've been searching on here for ages.

For those that have Microsoft Word 2010 and can't do name fills in it like me you can do them in Microsoft Publisher 2010.

I made some last night. :banana:

Thanks.

Ooops just answered my own question. I spent ages looking earlier too. :confused3

This is a great tip and I seem to beable to now do what I did in Word 2003.

Thanks very much.:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter