I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok....I admit my head is NOT in the game anymore...this year has been a total whammy and most of my time is spent figuring out how to maximize what I have while spending as close to $0 as possible.... That said I still am addicted to coming here and reading all the good stuff that y'all are up to.... :thumbsup2
Anyway here's my current cc fail (yep,still creating fails!) I had a new Discover cc for P2 from last March and TOTALLY forgot about the matching rewards deal until they sent an email about it today...... ok pulling it out of sock drawer and dusting it off to get some use out of it now - :cool:

WWYD regarding booking a Universal Orlando resort using points? I have Chase UR and Capital One points at my disposal now and will have some Amex MR in a few months. Prices are high right now and I'm hoping that they'll drop so I can rebook at a lower rate later. Do I use the Chase Travel Portal so I can get 1.25x redemption on UR using my CSP or book cash and use PYB? Does anyone know how quickly points are refunded if I end up wanting to cancel and rebook to get a better rate using the portal?
I’ve booked UOR through UR portal a couple times. Easily canceled and rebooked as long as you book a refundable rate. URs usually returned within a few minutes.

Ok....I admit my head is NOT in the game anymore...this year has been a total whammy and most of my time is spent figuring out how to maximize what I have while spending as close to $0 as possible.... That said I still am addicted to coming here and reading all the good stuff that y'all are up to.... :thumbsup2
Anyway here's my current cc fail (yep,still creating fails!) I had a new Discover cc for P2 from last March and TOTALLY forgot about the matching rewards deal until they sent an email about it today...... ok pulling it out of sock drawer and dusting it off to get some use out of it now - :cool:
I feel like this is a lot of us now. Things have changed, maybe not as much travel, also things cost more, leaving budgets tighter. For us also kiddo getting older and not being able to pull him out of school on a whim means being stuck to school vacations. Plus he is on 2 soccer teams right now so there is a practice or game nearly every day.

My only hesitation is I have a bunch of points with Chase already (some but lesser amounts with AMEX and Citi). Do I really want to get more points in yet another type of currency? Or would it be better to get more points with an existing bank? The problem is I don't travel all that much but getting one night free at Hyatt each year sounds like a decent perk of the World of Hyatt card.

Yeah - I tend to hoard my UR points.... so, it was nice to get the Cap One Cards. Both DH and I have the Venture X and I just finished the SUB on the Venture. So, I have almost 375,000 in Cap One points. Planning on using those for Disney tickets next year instead of cashing out my UR's or paying cash.

Hyatt would be a good choice too - lots of people on here have the Hyatt cards. I don't do much with hotel cards as our normal vacations are Disney or Cruises. I do have 3 Marriott Cards - I just keep them active and use the free night certificates for rooms the night before we leave on a cruise. Always get way over the value for the $95 yearly fee.

This quarter 7/1-9/30 the 5x categories include entertainment….buying Disney park tickets and genie + have given me 5x points on the CF and CFF……don’t know if it would give 5x on the cruise
ahh well, dcl cruise coded for us as travel I was there earlier this year so id imagine it's the same thing. I was using the Disney card for the last genie + I bought I failed I forgot about the 5x i dismissed it because of gas.. Also, we bought hamilton tickets it was 1x so I think its depends on the vendor. Just like a sushi place opened up near us recently and amex coded it as a bar so 1x instead of 4.

Ok, so P2 Chase CIC app drama goes on. Yesterday I got this...and I did it right away.
Here's what we need to continue reviewing your application

Please upload clear, easy-to-read copies of documents for the following:

• Proof of date of birth and physical address for authorizing officer
Today I got this. This is a "business", is there stuff I can send that will actually satisfy these?

Thank you for sending the documents we requested. Unfortunately, we were unable to use them because they were illegible, expired or did not otherwise meet our requirements.

• Proof of legal name and physical address for business
  • Proof of federal tax id for business

Ok, so P2 Chase CIC app drama goes on. Yesterday I got this...and I did it right away.

Today I got this. This is a "business", is there stuff I can send that will actually satisfy these?

Thank you for sending the documents we requested. Unfortunately, we were unable to use them because they were illegible, expired or did not otherwise meet our requirements.

• Proof of legal name and physical address for business
  • Proof of federal tax id for business

I think driver's license and SSN card should work.

Using Chase on Venmo, do you just pay the 3% or are there more fees?

just the 3%.

Heads up that something might be changing with Chase and Venmo, but DPs are mixed. Link1 Link2

You can set your cash advance limit to $100 (the lowest Chase will go) and then only try amounts above that, so that it will fail if it's going to charge a cash advance fee.

Maybe this is related to the cash-like language that came out last year (but then nothing seemed to change at the time). Link

Heads up that something might be changing with Chase and Venmo, but DPs are mixed. Link1 Link2

You can set your cash advance limit to $100 (the lowest Chase will go) and then only try amounts above that, so that it will fail if it's going to charge a cash advance fee.

Maybe this is related to the cash-like language that came out last year (but then nothing seemed to change at the time). Link
Well that would really stink, if we actually get this card.

So...just tried to do the upgrade -

got this message - oh well.

We're sorry, your existing Cards are not eligible for this Product Change.​

Replying to myself here to update:

I just got a letter from Amex in the mail. It seems as if my upgrade went through. "As you requested, we will transfer your account....to Amex Everyday Preferred."

So I guess it worked after all. Hopefully I will get the 40,000 MR after my spend. The letter only mentions the AF - not the bonus.

Looking for large group advice. Booking a party of 14 for summer of 2023. Plan to pay cash for airfare on IcelandAir. Their group booking quote did not provide favorable rates. Our dates are not flexible, meaning I need airfare on very specific dates.

The calendar just opened a few days ago for our dates, but I'd ideally like to buy during a sale, and i think I have time to wait for one. Any thoughts on how to predict the best time to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter