I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I can try calling the company direct..... my big question mark is why the weird m/c number? it says it was a debit card inserted payment-and a bunch of legit looking purchases (like half price lotions etc) I'm familiar with what to do when it's one of my actual accounts.
It certainly sounds like a phishing scam to me, but for an order that big I think I'd probably call and see if they can look up my name just to tell if I had an active order in their system. For my own peace of mind.

I guess I can try calling the company direct..... my big question mark is why the weird m/c number? it says it was a debit card inserted payment-and a bunch of legit looking purchases (like half price lotions etc) I'm familiar with what to do when it's one of my actual accounts.

Because it’s likely FAKE! It’s all made to look very legit to fool you. If you do have an account with BBW, I would call BBW to let them know about the email and confirm whether there are any of these transactions in your name.

Anyone else have their Chase cards increase their interest rate recently? Mine went up from like 17.49 to 17.79 or something. It doesn’t really effect me because I don’t pay interest, but I hope this isn’t a sign they are seeing me as a risk and a shutdown is coming. Maybe it’s just because the feds increased the interest rate?

can someone please help ASAP???? I just got a WEIRD email from bath and body works detailing a 68+ transaction on a m/c debit number that I don't recognize- I don't know what to do here! it's my email, but not any 'last 4 digits' I'm familiar with....

Also, check to see if you've been bcc'ed….usually those are phishing emails.

Anyone else have their Chase cards increase their interest rate recently? Mine went up from like 17.49 to 17.79 or something. It doesn’t really effect me because I don’t pay interest, but I hope this isn’t a sign they are seeing me as a risk and a shutdown is coming. Maybe it’s just because the feds increased the interest rate?
My bet is the interest rate hike as well

What’s interest?

can someone please help ASAP???? I just got a WEIRD email from bath and body works detailing a 68+ transaction on a m/c debit number that I don't recognize- I don't know what to do here! it's my email, but not any 'last 4 digits' I'm familiar with....
I’m another vote for phishing. Key things to check (WITHOUT CLICKING IN THE EMAIL):
-hover your cursor over the senders email (sometimes the email address is made to look legit, sometimes they change the name but not the actual address and you something like evilbob@gmail.com)
-how’s the English look? 100% totally normal or is it a bit weird in places?

All that said, don’t click on it or call any numbers in it. If you think it’s legit call Bath and Body Works and they’ll be able to tell you if you have an order in process. If you don’t think it’s legit/not sure you can forward it to them if you want to bring it to their attention (most companies have this type of option to help them fight scammers). From the Bath and Body Works website “Help us fight fraudulent email requests that make reference to Bath & Body Works by forwarding them (without altering the subject line) to us at CustomerCare@BathandBodyWorks.com” just forward it, don’t do anything else with it besides deleting it :)

Because it’s likely FAKE! It’s all made to look very legit to fool you. If you do have an account with BBW, I would call BBW to let them know about the email and confirm whether there are any of these transactions in your name.

Or, someone used her phone number (if asked) when checking out at the store and it pulled up her email despite the customer using their own debit card. I'm getting constant mail about a 'roper washer' purchased at Lowes - where they want me to renew my warranty.

Same thing at PetSmart: I got a receipt sent to me because my younger daughter had them put in my phone number.

Companies often use phone numbers as a way to pull up accounts and emails are attached to accounts. Some people give fake numbers or the cashier keys in the wrong number accidentally and click you've got an email.

Now, this doesn't explain why I'm currently receiving all the emailed plans for a couple and their kid from England who are soon to take a holiday through Jet2 vacations to Lanzarote.

What’s interest?

My mom told me the other day that she watched some news story where they reported something like 70% of people don't know the interest rates on their credit cards. Both of us said we would be part of that 70% because neither of us pay interest!

Lol I wouldn’t know either, but I got like 20 emails from Mint informing me so I got nervous.

If I want to modify my SW reservation that I have a companion attached to and I've already purchased EBCI, I have to cancel the companion (losing the $15), modify my own reservation, then relink my companion and pay for EBCI again. Is that correct? I've modified reservations with a linked companion before, but never after having EBCI for the companion. Normally I wouldn't bother, but my return flight from CA dropped by over 4,000 RR today.

You can call SW directly and they will change it over the phone keeping your confirmation numbers and EBCI

I’ve done it a few times...just be aware at least for me it put me back further in the EBCI line, my hubby who I book after me as my companion was say A19 and I was A 40 ...for 4,000 points I’d call but not for 400

Most (all?) credit cards are based on the Prime Rate. There is a spread over prime (in your example it is 12.74% over prime). Prime increased from 4.75 to 5.00 last week :) Hey my banker knowledge comes in handy here today :D

Most (all?) credit cards are based on the Prime Rate. There is a spread over prime (in your example it is 12.74% over prime). Prime increased from 4.75 to 5.00 last week :) Hey my banker knowledge comes in handy here today :D

The markets are getting nervous?

Thank you! This makes me feel so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter