I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can call SW directly and they will change it over the phone keeping your confirmation numbers and EBCI

I’ve done it a few times...just be aware at least for me it put me back further in the EBCI line, my hubby who I book after me as my companion was say A19 and I was A 40 ...for 4,000 points I’d call but not for 400
That took about 2 whole minutes on the phone. I just love Southwest. :thumbsup2

Yes we already have over 70k in points. I do not have much vacation time so we would only use the CP 1-2x a year anyways.

Wow did not think about double dipping the SW personal cards! And they are only 2K spend correct?:magnify:

Before you apply for any SW cards for the CP, I just want to make extra sure:

1. Were your 70k points earned this calendar year? SW requires a RR member (one of you, not "we") to earn 110k points in the same calendar year to earn the CP. Like @JKalai said, if those 70k points were not all earned this calendar year, those that weren't won't count towards the 110k points needed for the CP. If those 70k points were earned between you and DH, they don't count together towards the 110k points needed for the CP.

2. Do you currently have a SW personal card open? Have you received any bonus on a SW personal card in the past 24 months? In April, Chase added a new "one SW card" restriction for personal cards. New SW personal card applications have the following language: The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapids Rewards® Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months. This does not apply to Cardmembers of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Business Card and Employee Credit Card. If you either currently have a SW personal card, or received a bonus on a SW personal card in the past 24 months, you'll be denied for another SW personal card. See: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-southwest-cards-limit-of-one-personal-card/

a. One way around the "one SW card" rule is to double dip 2 SW personal cards on the same day, but only if you haven't received a bonus on either one of them in the past 24 months (otherwise you're ineligible). But the 2 SW personal cards right now are offering only 40k signup bonuses each (total 80k). MSR is only $1k on each card (which will bring you up to 82k total).

b. Another way is to go for one SW personal card + the SW biz card, (no need to double dip) since the "one SW card" rule doesn't apply to the SW biz card. But 1 SW personal card + 1 SW biz card is only 40k + 60k points right now. The MSR on the SW biz is $3k in 3 months.

c. Rumor is Chase/SW will release a new SW "Premium" personal card sometime in July, which will have a higher signup bonus (70k?), but my guess is it'll contain the "one SW card" rule in its terms, so you can't currently have a SW personal card, or have received a bonus on a SW personal card in the past 24 months. See: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-chase-will-launch-premium-southwest-card/ If the SW Premium does come out with a 70k points signup bonus, it could easier pair as a double dip with another SW personal card (Plus or Premier) for an easy way to 110k points and the CP, or with the SW biz.​

Last edited:
I have! So what happens is AA is in the dark ages and they queue tickets to issue so they show as “ticket pending” to you then in the next couple days the system should issue your ticket. BUT: I had one sit for almost a week and had to contact them and they said it had been thrown out of the queue but they’d put it back in, a couple days passed and it was still pending, contacted again they had to contact someone to manual force the ticket to process. Their Twitter team was super helpful for me so I’d DM them about when your ticket will be issued. Even if you don’t have Twitter sign up with a fake name and then in DM you’ll give AA your actual info when they ask for it.

Thank you so much for this information! (So much more helpful than the transportation thread about AA that said, "Why don't you call and ask?") So strange about how they process tickets! Did they honor the price you originally paid?

I will do just that with Twitter. I messaged them on FB and no response. I don't have Twitter but will set up an account. Thanks again!

Before you apply for any SW cards for the CP, I just want to make extra sure:

1. Were your 70k points earned this calendar year? SW requires a RR member (one of you, not "we") to earn 110k points in the same calendar year to earn the CP. Like @JKalai said, if those 70k points were not all earned this calendar year, those that weren't won't count towards the 110k points needed for the CP. If those 70k points were earned between you and DH, they don't count together towards the 110k points needed for the CP.

2. Do you currently have a SW personal card open? Have you received any bonus on a SW personal card in the past 24 months? In April, Chase added a new "one SW card" restriction for personal cards. New SW personal card applications have the following language: The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapids Rewards® Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months. This does not apply to Cardmembers of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Business Card and Employee Credit Card. If you either currently have a SW personal card, or received a bonus on a SW personal card in the past 24 months, you'll be denied for another SW personal card. See: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-southwest-cards-limit-of-one-personal-card/

a. One way around the "one SW card" rule is to double dip 2 SW personal cards on the same day, but only if you haven't received a bonus on either one of them in the past 24 months (otherwise you're ineligible). But the 2 SW personal cards right now are offering only 40k signup bonuses each (total 80k). MSR is only $1k on each card (which will bring you up to 82k total).

b. Another way is to go for one SW personal card + the SW biz card, (no need to double dip) since the "one SW card" rule doesn't apply to the SW biz card. But 1 SW personal card + 1 SW biz card is only 40k + 60k points right now. The MSR on the SW biz is $3k in 3 months.

c. Rumor is Chase/SW will release a new SW "Premium" personal card sometime in July, which will have a higher signup bonus (70k?), but my guess is it'll contain the "one SW card" rule in its terms, so you can't currently have a SW personal card, or have received a bonus on a SW personal card in the past 24 months. See: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-chase-will-launch-premium-southwest-card/ If the SW Premium does come out with a 70k points signup bonus, it could easier pair as a double dip with another SW personal card (Plus or Premier) for an easy way to 110k points and the CP, or with the SW biz.​
Hi Lain,
1- Yes, the 70k was earned from March 2018 until now(60K bonus for opening the SW bussiness card and meeeting the msr and 11K in spend)
2- My DH never had a Personal SW card so we are good on that front as well.

Now you have me thinking on the new “Premium” card.
Will July be too late for a CP for beginning of October?
I already have all the tickets booked with points.

Yes. Make sure you apply and get approved for both on the same day. I hate to recommend them with such a low offer but October is approaching quickly and it would stink if you can’t add the companion. I’d book the flight now with points and add the companion later. Depending on how quickly you can meet the spend you can wait a bit longer, but Chase is pretty good at matching offers if it has been less than 90 days.
Flights already booked!

Hi Lain,
1- Yes, the 70k was earned from March 2018 until now(60K bonus for opening the SW bussiness card and meeeting the msr and 11K in spend)
2- My DH never had a Personal SW card so we are good on that front as well.

Now you have me thinking on the new “Premium” card.
Will July be too late for a CP for beginning of October?
I already have all the tickets booked with points.

Personally, if I knew there was another card coming out next month with word of a big bonus, but there's a one card per family restriction, I'd wait and see. July gives you one, maybe two statement cycles to meet MSR (I'm going to guess $3k) in time for the bonus to credit to your account before October? I can't speak for timing or how easily it would be to apply a CP to your already booked flights, as we don't usually fly SW or have CP. Maybe others can chime in?

Lol..just did the application and got the 30 day message..so we will see....if he’s approved at least it will be there when we return and we can use it for our big July 4th BBQ
Still at the 30 day message...getting nervous since my application went to 2 weeks the same day, I did already have a Chase business card...wondering if that makes a difference

Ugh, I cancelled my Disneyland hotel reservation with the CIP because I wanted to book with the CSR and save 40,000 URs so the guy called me back and said he cancelled it and the points will show up in my account within 60 days!!!! My trip is in August. I’m freaking out. Is there anything I can do?

Still at the 30 day message...getting nervous since my application went to 2 weeks the same day, I did already have a Chase business card...wondering if that makes a difference

Is it 30 days or 2 weeks? Neither are bad signs. I've been approved for 3 Chase biz cards, and had to wait it out each time.

Ugh, I cancelled my Disneyland hotel reservation with the CIP because I wanted to book with the CSR and save 40,000 URs so the guy called me back and said he cancelled it and the points will show up in my account within 60 days!!!! My trip is in August. I’m freaking out. Is there anything I can do?

I've canceled Disneyland Hotel reservations on the Chase UR portal before and points were returned almost immediately.

I've canceled Disneyland Hotel reservations on the Chase UR portal before and points were returned almost immediately.

Thanks for the DP I booked a package, but wth 60 days is ridiculous I escalated to a supervisor and they will get back to me. I never even got a chance to verify the cancellation terms since he hung up called Disney and then called me back saying it was cancelled.

If I want to modify my SW reservation that I have a companion attached to and I've already purchased EBCI, I have to cancel the companion (losing the $15), modify my own reservation, then relink my companion and pay for EBCI again. Is that correct? I've modified reservations with a linked companion before, but never after having EBCI for the companion. Normally I wouldn't bother, but my return flight from CA dropped by over 4,000 RR today.
Once I have added EBCI, I always call SW directly to make the adjustment so I don’t lose $15 and restart the EBCI re-clock, if I repurchased it.

What is the likehood of SW personal cards increase offer? My DH has the bussiness card already and I want to get the CP for our trip in October. I keep waiting for an increase offer but if I do not see one soon we will have to apply for the 40k. We already have over 70k points so no problem there, but I would love the 50K offer instead.
They have the 50k offer available on their flights :) I noticed it when we were flying to Punta Cana last Wed. Pretty sure, it is an in-flight offer only though.

Is it 30 days or 2 weeks? Neither are bad signs. I've been approved for 3 Chase biz cards, and had to wait it out each time.

Applied for dh yesterday...still at the 30day message....I guess I’m impatient since when I applied it went to the 2 week message the same day ....good to know you were approved and it sat at the 30 day message beyond a day

Thank you so much for this information! (So much more helpful than the transportation thread about AA that said, "Why don't you call and ask?") So strange about how they process tickets! Did they honor the price you originally paid?

I will do just that with Twitter. I messaged them on FB and no response. I don't have Twitter but will set up an account. Thanks again!
Absolutely. The trip was already booked, they didn’t re-price when the ticket was finally issued.

Call Chase back, talk to a new rep. 60 days is ridiculous it does not take Disney that long to process cancellations I think your original rep is misinformed.

Thanks for the DP I booked a package, but wth 60 days is ridiculous I escalated to a supervisor and they will get back to me. I never even got a chance to verify the cancellation terms since he hung up called Disney and then called me back saying it was cancelled.
Did you talk to the supervisor or leave a message? If you didn’t actually talk to the supervisor I’d still call back and see if you can get another rep to look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter