• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I was wrong about SSR...

doubletrouble_vb said:
[...]Given the high level of road noise I don't think I'll ever be ecstatic about being located in The Paddock area. The constant roar of busses and the murmuring from I-4 could be annoying...but Disney did make the rooms quite noise proof... People complain about the road view in BCV...I can't imagine what they will think about the Paddocks. And the last set of buildings they are working on seem to be pretty far from everything except one group that is not that far from common area.[...]
While I'm (pathetically) desperate for any kind words about SSR :rotfl2:, the above comments confused me a little. First, the Paddock is the farthest from I-4 of the three existing 'neighborhoods'. Also, IIRC, all of the buildings' villas either overlook the lake or another building. But glad you liked it!

But please dont everybody start booking SSR I need all the time slots for my home. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

doubletrouble_vb said:
Given the high level of road noise I don't think I'll ever be ecstatic about being located in The Paddock area. The constant roar of busses and the murmuring from I-4 could be annoying...but Disney did make the rooms quite noise proof... People complain about the road view in BCV...I can't imagine what they will think about the Paddocks. And the last set of buildings they are working on seem to be pretty far from everything except one group that is not that far from common area.

Have you stayed in the Paddocks area, was the noise really that bad?? Or are you guessing it will be bad?

This is such a great review to read. I will be "home" for the first time there in 20 days. We really enjoyed it when we toured. We really like the elegance feel.

Funny how dh who is so not very Disney, just really along for the ride, commented to me today how he thinks this trip will be a great one ;)

We stayed at SSR for the first time last week. What a nice surprise! Our home is Vero Beach, but we added on at SSR after just two days there! We stayed in Congress Park and loved the proximity to DD. Yes, the "quiet" pool there is beautiful. No need to go to the main pool for us (we don't have kids). I can't wait to stay there again!

We just stayed in the Paddocks in Oct, and I don't know what noise you're talking about. I don't remember hearing anything from our room. And our view was just amazing. A beautiful waterway, fountain, and footbridge (see page 3 of this thread). All the building face inward, so you see water, landscaping, or the building next door - no road views or parking lot views.

The Paddock quiet pool was small-ish, but I can't remember what size the CP quiet pool was. The quiet pool was 5 feet deep at the deepest, which is deeper than at High Rock Springs.

Now that the resort is starting to look "complete", I think I'll rent a bike there next time to see it all.

D4D

just got back tonight from our 9 night stay at SSR. We fell in love with our home so much we did the 120 pt promo. I called from the pool with a Saratoga Lager in hand and switched our May ressie from BWV to SSR. Now that is love! This resort meets our every need, desire, and high expectation that Disney can offer. We have no desire to stay anywhere else. We really got to know some of the wonderful castmembers....very sad to leave when everyone is calling you by name. It might be big, but it has a wonderful "smalltown" feel the OP described. :cloud9:

Rozzie, This is great to hear. My family is making our first trip "home" in a couple of days!! Can't wait!! :cool1:

Rozzie said:
just got back tonight from our 9 night stay at SSR. We fell in love with our home so much we did the 120 pt promo. I called from the pool with a Saratoga Lager in hand and switched our May ressie from BWV to SSR. Now that is love! This resort meets our every need, desire, and high expectation that Disney can offer. We have no desire to stay anywhere else. We really got to know some of the wonderful castmembers....very sad to leave when everyone is calling you by name. It might be big, but it has a wonderful "smalltown" feel the OP described. :cloud9:

Rozzie, thanks for putting that so eloquently!! I too am struggling with our next year ressie, because as much as we love BCV, we love SSR. Maybe I need a Lager to help with my decision! :rotfl:

Yes, I too found SSR to have a smalltown feel and the CM's know you by name and stop to talk to you.

LIFERBABE said:
Rozzie, thanks for putting that so eloquently!! I too am struggling with our next year ressie, because as much as we love BCV, we love SSR. Maybe I need a Lager to help with my decision! :rotfl:

Yes, I too found SSR to have a smalltown feel and the CM's know you by name and stop to talk to you.

Speaking of the Lager, the bartender at the Pool Bar said Saratoga, NY area and SSR are the only places to find the Saratoga Lager. Pretty neat I think! awesome beer :drinking1

I am grieving my BCV ressie now with my mom. I am so going to miss SSR.....

Rozzie said:
Speaking of the Lager, the bartender at the Pool Bar said Saratoga, NY area and SSR are the only places to find the Saratoga Lager. Pretty neat I think! awesome beer :drinking1

I am grieving my BCV ressie now with my mom. I am so going to miss SSR.....

Rozzie said:

Hey!!!! Maybe I saw you there. Just returned last night after six nights solo at SSR. First solo trip to WDW. Had a wonderful time. And I had my doubts. I love the BW, BC and OKW and dream of the CR DVC. But loved SSR and are considering an add-on. I can't believe it. It was so peaceful. Which I guess one reason why some don't like it. Some want to be in the swing of things.

Was amazed by the design and planning. Especially how 95% of the rooms do not face cars. Love that.

I also found the walkway from SSR to the Westside in addition to Marketplace. I even walked from SSR to OKW in the dark. SHHHHH...I know not smart and not liked by Disney but I loved it.

Also enjoyed only having to take one bus, even late at night, to resort hop by walking to DD. I was in CP with a fantastic view so I felt a tad spoiled. Oh well....isn't that what finally purchasing is all about?

The studio felt like my home. Amazing.

Hey Rozzie - Guess I'm lucky to be able to enjoy it in both places! :cool1: Especially in January when I can drink it at SSR and wonder how much snow is in my driveway in NY! :rotfl2:

lisaviolet said:
I also found the walkway from SSR to the Westside in addition to Marketplace. I even walked from SSR to OKW in the dark. SHHHHH...I know not smart and not liked by Disney but I loved it.

I was in CP with a fantastic view so I felt a tad spoiled. Oh well....isn't that what finally purchasing is all about?

The studio felt like my home. Amazing.

you found the walkway! Cool! We didn't actually walk it, DH wanted to do the boat. I know we have been spoiled, as we also had a DTD view. Actually we switched from that view in our studio to a 1 BR also in CP, which had a INCREDIBLE Illuminations view----Nice bottle of wine, no crowds, and the peacefulness of SSR, what else can you ask for in life? Oh yeah, more SSR points!
Strange thing is, I would love a Paddock view, or a Springs view. Love it!
I bet solo was fun. Maybe one day I will get brave and do it. See you there sometime! I'll be by the pool with my lager :teeth:

owtrbnks said:
Hey Rozzie - Guess I'm lucky to be able to enjoy it in both places! :cool1: Especially in January when I can drink it at SSR and wonder how much snow is in my driveway in NY! :rotfl2:

lucky dog! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter