It's Official... Fort in June 2017/ June TR thread

June 18-25, our first time ever camping at Disneyworld! Of course everybody is gonna know we are from Louisiana....lol!!! Gotta be careful driving through Mississippi, Alabama and Florida :drive:View attachment 241925

Cindy,

Speaking for my home state, Alabama folks will give you a wave and be as friendly as anyone can be given the Tide's currrent six game winning streak against LSU. A streak of that length in this series is unusual and it can't last forever but your rig will look great at the Fort.

Thanks for sharing the picture.

Bama Ed

@Cindy'sCastle We will be there around that same time.... I am sure I won't be able to miss that rig. Looks nice though. I am certain you will love the Fort.

Have safe travels across Alabama, Mississippi, etc... I am sure, as long as you don't draw too much attention to yourself... oh wait.... never mind... Just fill up at the edge of LA and then drive like crazy! :car:
:lmao:

Thanks Bama Ed! Still waiting for that win over Alabama, but it's a good thing I haven't been holding my breath and waiting!.

Peg110, that's exactly what I was thinking too...lol!

So in the process of getting things ready for our trip in less then 2 weeks, we had some days where we needed the AC on. Even though the TT is now a bit over a year old, it seems that the AC system is blowing some "White" powder stuff (almost like dandruff) everywhere. It's difficult to see until it lands on something dark (like our Stove which is black). The DW Put some clothes in the TT and laid them on our bed Came back a while later and her black shorts were covered with this "Dandruff".

While it seems that it may be Styrofoam some how from the system, DW's (and my) bigger concerns are the "Breathing in" of this dust.

Anyone have an ideas?

Meanwhile, I did get it De-winterized. No leaks. Sadly as I was checking things, I again note how sloppy they (the manufacturers - Coachmen/Forest River) were in cleaning up on their labor. Lots of saw dust, metal shavings, screws, wire trimmings, etc... in those areas that are rarely accessed during normal usage (but not during normal maintenance). So I spent a fair amount of time with the vacuum cleaning those non-visible areas.

So in the process of getting things ready for our trip in less then 2 weeks, we had some days where we needed the AC on. Even though the TT is now a bit over a year old, it seems that the AC system is blowing some "White" powder stuff (almost like dandruff) everywhere. It's difficult to see until it lands on something dark (like our Stove which is black). The DW Put some clothes in the TT and laid them on our bed Came back a while later and her black shorts were covered with this "Dandruff".

While it seems that it may be Styrofoam some how from the system, DW's (and my) bigger concerns are the "Breathing in" of this dust.

Anyone have an ideas?

Meanwhile, I did get it De-winterized. No leaks. Sadly as I was checking things, I again note how sloppy they (the manufacturers - Coachmen/Forest River) were in cleaning up on their labor. Lots of saw dust, metal shavings, screws, wire trimmings, etc... in those areas that are rarely accessed during normal usage (but not during normal maintenance). So I spent a fair amount of time with the vacuum cleaning those non-visible areas.

Never heard of an ac unit good enough to make snow. I would put some filter material around my vents to catch the stuff, or even dryer sheets.

And yes the manufacturers are getting worse I think. We have stuff embedded in sealant where they applied sealant then cut the openings, metal shavings, screws, sawdust. I have to also break out the shop vac in our this week.

Never heard of an ac unit good enough to make snow. I would put some filter material around my vents to catch the stuff, or even dryer sheets.

And yes the manufacturers are getting worse I think. We have stuff embedded in sealant where they applied sealant then cut the openings, metal shavings, screws, sawdust. I have to also break out the shop vac in our this week.
I was thinking about going with Panty Hose. I think it will be "Fine" enough to capture the "Stuff" but still allow the air flow through.

My trailer is over a year old and I am still finding fine saw dust in the corner of the bathroom after a trip.

I'd go for the filter over the vents until it clears itself out... in a few years. :-)

j

Y'all have safe, have a fun trip & keep the trip & pictures coming. Cindy's Castle welcome to the forum & your 1st trip to the Fort - home away from home!

The white powder is styrofoam have been cut for the a/c duct work, which was not cleaned-up. Or some dude's ziplock bag got a tear.

The white powder is styrofoam have been cut for the a/c duct work, which was not cleaned-up. Or some dude's ziplock bag got a tear.
Hopefully the former, but it's a very FINE powder (almost like dandruff or some other white powdery stuff. :rolleyes:

I have been running the "Fan" function for a few days straight to try and "Evacuate" it. It's now a very minimal amount. Hopefully we will be done with it now.

Spent this last weekend doing TONS of around the house work before we go (Cutting grass, cleaning dog, Laundry, getting the garden ready, opening the pool, loading the TT with clothes, food etc...) Because of our "White Powder" issue, we ended up washing our top linens again (comforters) and doing another "Head to Toe" scrub of the TT. All systems seem to have checked out. Water, Black/Grey Tanks, hot water heater (in gas mode anyway), Fridge (gas and electric modes), stove, sinks, showers, and toilets. All lights working. Ironically I haven't checked the TVs yet, but really, that's the least of my concerns.

Now to get things finalized as we are leaving after school/work on Thursday. (Which is the last day of school for DD12 also.) Still so much to do.

And I just paid off our reservation and verified our "Loop Request". They apparently had our request as "First Couple of Sites." Not sure what that means, but I had them put that we wanted the 1400 or 1000 loop (ideally the first couple of sites for those). I guess we will find out in less then a week. :D

Not looking forward to the drive though, but, hey... If we want to go with the camper, that's what we have to do, right?

Okay... I finally got some of MY clothes in the Camper. DW and DD have "Separate" wardrobes just for "Disney". Me... Not so much.

I did get a few new shirts and shorts for the trip. We have most of the Groceries packed.... Today I hope to get most everything except those last minute stuff packed as tonight (or tomorrow, not sure yet), I will Re-Stage or camper in the neighboring Armory's Lot (with their permission). They are practically in our back yard but to get our TT out, we pull out of an alley way that is narrow and if there is any cars parked on the corner (in the legal spot) I cannot get out.
camper-path.jpg

So my Truck/Camper is GREEN. I have to pull (Up hill) past the Hair-pin Then back the TT into (through a gate) the Armory's Property (also slightly uphill at this point). Then "K-Turn" to get around the hair-pin bast a house with an Iron Post (Small and Red) and garage. Down the alley way. At the end of the alley on the left side there is an "I-Beam" (Red) on the corner of that "Car Port" and a Retaining Wall (also Red) on the right side that I need to avoid. The Yellow box is a "No Parking" but if there is a car legally parked (Circled Red) I cannot get out. I am too Long. Then once (and if) I get on that street, I make the Turn (left) and go up a bit and into the Armory's lot. Where I position it so as not to be obstructing any thing else.

Then when we "Forget" those Final things.... I have to walk up the hill (which doesn't really show well in the image) to load it up. In the current 80-90 degree weather, I sure hope I don't "forget" too much. :crazy2:

Paul,

That looks like lots of fun. I remember you describing it in the past. It's too bad the iron post and I-beam can't disappear one night. That would make it somewhat easier.

j

That was my thought. My TT doesn't really have a "Basement" so much as it has a "Cubby" That's part of my problem. While the storage does go from all the way through, the opening is small enough that almost anything I put in there blocks the opening enough that I have to pull whatever is in front to get stuff out from the middle.. On the driver's side is my "Lumbar Yard" of blocks and supports for leveling the TT as well as the (almost useless) crank for the stabilizers (Solid piece... No wobble on the end.... What were they thinking??? :rolleyes:)

I also have 2 water hoses (just in case) and a 30 AMP "Extension" cord that I keep in there. On the other side is carpet and misc outside supplies/decorations and grill supplies. Folding Chairs in the middle by the hoses and extension cord. This is my challenge. Plus, I'd just like to keep the hose "OUTSIDE" the TT because you never get all the water out and I don't want it rolling around INSIDE my storage area.

Anyway. I still love the idea you have Jim. At least that would minimize the "Spillage" of water that could remain in the hose as well as keeping access to it simple and organized.

One thing I do with the fresh water hose is to screw the ends together. Like you said, you never get all the water out and it always ends up in the floors or places you do not want it. Screwing the ends together will stop this and also keep out any critters.......:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Well.........after responding and then going back and finishing reading the thread.........yep.....my idea had already been talked about. Guess that's what I get for getting into these threads late.:confused3:confused3

Last edited:
Okay... I finally got some of MY clothes in the Camper. DW and DD have "Separate" wardrobes just for "Disney". Me... Not so much.

I did get a few new shirts and shorts for the trip. We have most of the Groceries packed.... Today I hope to get most everything except those last minute stuff packed as tonight (or tomorrow, not sure yet), I will Re-Stage or camper in the neighboring Armory's Lot (with their permission). They are practically in our back yard but to get our TT out, we pull out of an alley way that is narrow and if there is any cars parked on the corner (in the legal spot) I cannot get out.
View attachment 244133

So my Truck/Camper is GREEN. I have to pull (Up hill) past the Hair-pin Then back the TT into (through a gate) the Armory's Property (also slightly uphill at this point). Then "K-Turn" to get around the hair-pin bast a house with an Iron Post (Small and Red) and garage. Down the alley way. At the end of the alley on the left side there is an "I-Beam" (Red) on the corner of that "Car Port" and a Retaining Wall (also Red) on the right side that I need to avoid. The Yellow box is a "No Parking" but if there is a car legally parked (Circled Red) I cannot get out. I am too Long. Then once (and if) I get on that street, I make the Turn (left) and go up a bit and into the Armory's lot. Where I position it so as not to be obstructing any thing else.

Then when we "Forget" those Final things.... I have to walk up the hill (which doesn't really show well in the image) to load it up. In the current 80-90 degree weather, I sure hope I don't "forget" too much. :crazy2:

Man that is crazy, I have driven by your house and camper a million and one times.....just not as much recently since relocating. I do occasionally get back to WB area every so often. Should have bought that place across from the armory when it was for sale, plenty of room for the TT, and well the creek doesn't flood too often....

Should have bought that place across from the armory when it was for sale, plenty of room for the TT, and well the creek doesn't flood too often....
That house has been condemned twice now. It's a rotating house of rif raf. At hone point my DW and I discussed buying it... tearing it down and using it for parking/storage. It's all about the money though. I suppose if we had the money to do that, then we'd be better off selling our current place (as we are not huge fans of this particular area) and moving more to the "Country" with some acreage. Alas... in time. (I hope)

Paul,

That looks like lots of fun. I remember you describing it in the past. It's too bad the iron post and I-beam can't disappear one night. That would make it somewhat easier.

j

Yeah.... I wish. (Now where are my torches?) :lmao:

So...
  • Campsite Paid For - Check
  • Clothes loaded - Check (Mostly)
  • Tanks filled or flushed (depending on the tanks water/propane/waste) - Check
  • Magic Bands loaded - Check - Double Checked.
  • Generator Working - Check
  • Gas features working (water heater, stove, refrigerator) -Check
Have to load those last minute items. Close it up. Hook it up and relocate it (for quick :rolleyes: escape tomorrow after work)
Then I have to do those last minute things around the house. Fresh Cat Litter (Eldest whose not going will likely "neglect" this so it's just better to do it in advance). Pack up the dog to go to Grandma's (Grandma spoils him too but he hates to leave his mom and dad. Wish we could take him with us though.) This includes packing his medicines in daily (Am and Pm) pouches so grandma doesn't even have to think about what and when.

Somehow I don't see going to bed before 11PM tonight. Ugh, but it's getting real now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter