I've fallen in love with the VGF - TR (pics from Jan. trip, 2/23, p.22)

Pinkocto

DIS Veteran
Hello everybody and welcome to my newest TR. It was a short 5 day trip to the new Villas at the Grand Floridian. Now just because it was short doesn’t mean it wasn’t action packed and tons of fun. This was another of my mother/daughter trips. I’m the daughter part of the duo. My name is Pam and my mom’s name is Jeanette.

Here we are, I’m on the left, mom’s on the right

This is mainly going to be a picture TR, I’m hoping I can stick with that and let the pictures tell the story. If I start to get a little long winded, please forgive me, I’ll get back on topic quickly.

First a teensy bit of history. I’m a DVC member largely thanks to mom’s prodding. We were on a fabulous trip in 2011, one of those ‘once in a lifetime’ trips that I honestly thought would be once in a lifetime, and she suggested we do the DVC tour. The rest is history. Well thanks to DVC we’ve been able to go on once in a lifetime trips several times since then, and will have many more in the future. Sorry if that sounded like a sales pitch. It was, buy DVC if you haven’t already, it’s totally worth it. Sorry, couldn’t help it. :laughing: We have both wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian ever since I can remember. We visited there on my first trip when I was six years old, and it’s stuck in my mind ever since. So, when they announced the Villas being made I knew I just had to have some points. Not too many, I already have enough, but just a little to be able to say, that’s mine, I own part of that gorgeous place. I already had a December trip booked at AKV CL, but the day I bought VGF switched the reservation over to a lakeview studio per mom’s request. She’s a sucker for a view, and I must say she lucked out on this trip. I really don’t care about what view I have except for a savannah view at AKV. Well even I thoroughly enjoyed our view this trip. So, without further ado, here we go!

We were excited! They used our Magic Bands to get through the DME line which was new. We loaded our bus around 10 am but had to wait a little bit before leaving.

Here they are if you’re at all interested

We stopped at the Polynesian first and then we were off the bus, made it here just before 11 am. We almost couldn’t stand it we were so excited!!!

Main building

Our building

We used this mode of transportation quite often this trip which was a first

Walking to the villas

Beautiful garland along the way

I love these mats

We found the concierge who checked us in, of course I took pictures the whole time. The lobby was absolutely gorgeous. My first thought was that it was on the small side, but it was positively perfect.

Main focal point

Besides these beauties

Sitting areas

There was some trouble linking my MB to the room. The CM called IT and they said he needed to cancel and rebook my reservation to see if that would fix it… I first asked if my FP+ info and ADRs would be affected and he said definitely not, that would all remain the same. With some trepidation I said ok, what else could I say, I wanted my MB to work! Good and amazing news was that our room was ready. He gave us KTTW cards and let us go up. He was completely willing to bring us the fixed MBs which would be in about 15 minutes, but I said I’d be back, I was awaiting a grocery delivery. Famous last words.

So up to the room we went. I immediately fell in love with the carpet.

Impatiently asking mom to hurry up

We were on the 5th floor

We were both blown away at first glance, the mock rooms at SSR don’t give you the full feeling of the place.

I took pictures with the big camera and the cell phone, I’m going to integrate them all, hopefully the difference isn’t glaring.

Two showers, we each picked one and that was ours. This was mom’s.

That one was mine

The sink was gorgeous

Very nice H20 offerings

Now as beautiful as this is, it caused a bit of headache for me. Gone are all the drawers usually in the armoir because they have been replaced with a Murphy bed, which allows the studios to sleep 5. Problem is, they didn’t replace the storage elsewhere. There are some drawers at the bottom of the bed, but only one is accessible because the other is blocked by the night stand.

The details are gorgeous though

Also lakeview but not MK view

Like we magically had

The balcony was huge!

Looking out

The other way

Looking down

Poly villas in the making

Back in the room, you can see the drawers at the bottom of the bed

More than 15 minutes had passed so I went in search of our MBs.

Looking down

The elevators were very pretty

More lobby pics

Nice little Christmas touches, but nothing overhwelming

They had artwork all over the place

There was a moment of unhappiness when the CM thought hed have to switch out my MB for a new green one. But that wouldnt have my name on it I said. Luckily he was able to get mine to work. Still waiting on groceries I headed back up to the room with MBs in hand.

Just in case you didnt get a good look at the carpet.

To be continued...

Thanks for posting.
I love, love and love seeing your pics - the VGF looks beautiful !
Makes we want to purchase before the price goes up in February.
Have been thinking about it ---
a small contract and use every other year !
Enjoy your vaca !

Thanks for posting.
I love, love and love seeing your pics - the VGF looks beautiful !
Makes we want to purchase before the price goes up in February.
Have been thinking about it ---
a small contract and use every other year !
Enjoy your vaca !

Thats exactly what I thought too. Enough to go for 4 nights every other year, or a week every three years.

I'm surprised how often they raise the prices on points...

Lots more pictures to come.

Beautiful!!! There is a room #/pic thread on the DVC resort boards.. you should definitely post yours :)

Very nice pictures of the VGF. The view outside of your room is very nice where you can see everything.

I didn't think I would like VGF but I'm loving your pictures!

Jill in CO

Yay! I made the first page! Nope, I didn't. :sad2:

You are making me really excited to stay there! The villas look gorgeous! I have heard about the one drawer that doesn't open because of the nightstand on the VGF views thread.

You really should post your pics over there. I haven't seen any pics as good as you have. What an awesome view that you had! Space Mountain and the lake!

I hope the stuff with the MB ended up working out!

Tuning in with interest from the UK! Need to savour details but just to say first off here I am!

How nice you can use MB for ME! I am waiting for them to do a watch version cool! What time is it? Mickey time! Nice choice of colours :-)

Oh there is something about that white building standing against the Floridian blue sky that just commands you to stop and gasp. It also demands a new word. Like Fabsome...lol..

Your pictures are so lovely thank you so much for sharing Pam. Loving that fountain and just the details of the lobby, corridor and room itself. We also had the worry of storage room when we saw the preview but with all that beauty around we will let them off!

I didn't know the price was going up in Feb :-( have to ask Santa nicely for add on!

Your view is amazing! :lovestruc The villas look gorgeous too!

The GCV are similar with the trundle bed I think. I like the Dumbo artwork even though Dumbo makes me bawl like a baby.

The MBs make me nervous. Does anyone get them and use them without a hiccup of some sort? Are they mandatory?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter