I've fallen in love with the VGF - TR (pics from Jan. trip, 2/23, p.22)

Found you!

OMG - that room looks amazing! Simply amazing, although I am a little dismayed over the lack of drawer space.

And here is why - Denny is very sloppy! I have to pick up his stuff constantly and put it away. Now that there aren't any drawers things could get out of control. I wonder if the lack of drawer space will be a major complaint. Were there a lot of hangers? I'm going to have to give this some thought.

Now I am regretting not booking lake view, but I decide to go with standard view the first time since I only have 50 points. I am going to stay lake view in 2015.

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures. Keep them coming!

I just went back and looked through your pics again and answered my own question about the hangers. Probably not a bad idea to bring a few more.

Found you!

OMG - that room looks amazing! Simply amazing, although I am a little dismayed over the lack of drawer space.

And here is why - Denny is very sloppy! I have to pick up his stuff constantly and put it away. Now that there aren't any drawers things could get out of control. I wonder if the lack of drawer space will be a major complaint. Were there a lot of hangers? I'm going to have to give this some thought.

Now I am regretting not booking lake view, but I decide to go with standard view the first time since I only have 50 points. I am going to stay lake view in 2015.

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures. Keep them coming!

Welcome welcome! I know, the lack of storage really wasn't good. In the future I'll book at the 11 months for a studio and will change to a 1BR at 7 months if it's available.

More to come, work was crazy this week or I would have put up the rest of day 1. Tonight or tomorrow, I want to share this trip :)

Back up to the room with the fixed MBs shortly after noon. I thought I had asked the groceries to be delivered at 11:00 so was getting agitated. I checked my email to make sure of the time and saw that I had actually asked for a noon delivery. Well, we just decided to head out and go adventuring. She could leave the groceries with bell services. It was just a small order so I used WeGoShop instead of Garden Grocer, GG requires a $40 order minimum. All we needed was diet mountain dew for me, and milk and bananas for mom, which wasn’t going to be more than $20.

We first needed to drop off some postcards at the main building and then we planned to go to MK via the boat. You know I took pictures along the way.

We did not sit on the beach this trip

Or swim in this pool

Or eat here

We sat near here, but didn’t play in the water

Isn’t it cute!

We couldn’t get over how gorgeous the resort was

You could take this path but we needed to go inside

I didn’t dare sit in this sofa for fear I’d never get up

Not sure what this is but I liked it

We walked up these stairs every time we needed to go to the monorail, the elevators were always packed

Mom went in search of the postbox while I took in the sights

Then back outside to find the boat

I was surprised how many buildings there were for the regular rooms, this resort is big!

Continue down this path to the boat. We asked a CM if we were heading the right way, and he advised us to take the monorail, the boat would be at least 35 minutes to get to MK. So back to the main building to catch the monorail and we were in MK within 10 minutes.

Mom had a problem with her MB. It said she was using the wrong finger to get in, but it was an easy fix. A CM was called over and reset the fingerprint attached to mom’s AP.

Our first stop was here

We had seen a video on the Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom on the MDE and wanted to check it out. It’s an interactive game throughout MK where you defeat villains. They do a cute tutorial with you and give you cards. You can collect a set of cards for each person every day, we got quite a few this trip.

We didn’t start our Sorcerer game just yet, we had lunch to find. We had agreed on Pecos Bills, our favorite QS at MK. Mom wanted to take the train over to Frontierland and we ended up doing a full loop around the park before getting off.

We ordered our usual veggie taco salads. They give us an empty shell and we fill it up at the fixings bar. While waiting in line another guest overhead us order veggie items and started chatting. Apparently there’s a really tasty Greek salad over in HS that he highly recommends, we tucked that tidbit of info away for later.

The second problem with the MBs reared its ugly head when we went to pay for lunch. The CM quietly whispered that we were over our limit. WHAT! We just checked in and haven’t bought anything, how could we be over our limit!? Thank goodness I brought my wallet with the APs and CCs just as a back up. Mainly for the APs, but thankfully the CCs were in there as well or we wouldn’t have had lunch…

You don’t need a close up but don’t these mushrooms look divine!

They may look the same but mom has onions hiding underneath her lettuce. I do not like onions…

You may also notice I had to buy a soda because my groceries had not been delivered on time. I was not pleased. Yes yes, I could have had free water like mom did, but I needed my caffeine.

This guy came to plunder treats from the picnickers

He flew down to the ground to plunder and he was TALL!

With our bellies happy we decided what to do next. Our first FP+ wasn’t for another two hours so we decided to start our Sorcerers game. We headed to Main Street and were directed from portal to portal. We saw these under the train station.

I thought these were so cool

Walking to the next portal. They have you crisscrossing around, sometimes you have to go back to a portal you’ve already been to for another round with the bad guys.

When our mission was complete we found ourselves in the glass shop where some Christmas ornaments were being made. We stopped for a little bit and watched.

Almost finished product, the last thing he did was make a loop on the top to hang it from

Look at those flames!

There was this super cool old time stamp device in his area; I just love things like this.

I hate that this is blurry; I thought I got a good picture when I took it.

We wandered through the glass shop for a little while and then headed out; we had a Jingle Cruise to get to!

On the way

We stopped in the shops

They look scared

Loved these

Just saw this movie; this guy was probably my favorite part of it

Then we were off for adventure!

Our FP+ was for 3:40 and it was exactly that when we clocked in. Our captain was pretty good. There were some Christmas jokes but it wasn’t what I was expecting. I don’t know what I was expecting but it wasn’t it. We both still enjoyed it though. Glad we did a FP+ for it, the standby was 55 minutes.

Our next FP+ wasn’t until 4:45 so we had some time to kill. Aladdin didn’t have too bad a wait so we jumped in line.

Nice and calm ride but I was spit on by the camel.

We still had some time so we got a very delicious ice cream to share

Isn’t he cute!

I had been obsessively checking the phone all afternoon to see if my groceries had been delivered. Remember I had requested a noon delivery time. Finally at 4:00 when we were in line for icecream I sent her an email asking if something had gone wrong. She called 15 minutes later to let me know the groceries had just been delivered. I was as polite as I could be but I was really not happy. Garden Grocer has always delivered my groceries on time or early, this time my order was 4 hours late and no apology given. I was PO’d! I had heard so many great reviews for WGS. Well my review is less than great.

We swiped our Magic Bands here at exactly 4:45

Since I had just been to DL in September I very clearly remembered the differences. I like both. We headed in the direction of Fantasyland for our next FP+ but got stopped by the parade. Most of you probably know by now that I don’t care for parades, and this one is my very least favorite. The Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Parade, but mom wanted to stop and watch so we did.

I thought these were the cutest details, especially their little socks

I hope Wendy never sees herself like this, she positively freighted me!

After the parade passed we started on our way again. When we got to the Country Bear Jamboree I had a sudden inspiration to stop in for a show. I asked mom if she was up for it and she was. I hadn’t seen this show for over 6 years and mom over 15.

These are all in the waiting area

Inside the theater

Just in case you wanted to read the signs

We were allowed to take pictures of the bears at the end

Why oh why was there blood on the ground? And why was it a puddle of blood? Mom and I were HOWLING! We couldn’t stop laughing, one of those make your stomach hurt laughs, it was great!

We learned from another guest a couple days later that the voice of this bear was doing a parody of one of his own songs. That is just too funny.

Onward to our destination

One of my very favorite rides!

It was a walk on with the FP+ and a 45 minute doing standby. I was loving the MBs!

Adored the ride as usual, wished we could go again but there’s no way I was waiting in the standby line. We noticed this weather vane that neither of us had seen before. This is why I love Disney so much, there are details everywhere, details you don’t need but are there just the same.

We stopped in at the Tangled bathrooms

They are so cute. Again, the attention to detail I love. They painted the ceiling like Rapunzel did in the tower, and had cute props on the shelves, like paint cans or something like that. The door stalls looked like they were wood and old fashioned. Yes, I thought about whipping out the camera for some photos but there were too many people in there and I felt weird about it.

Then we were off to a scary ride in the Haunted Mansion. I sat on the other side of the Doom buggy than I usually do and saw tons of creepy details that I’d never seen before. That ride is so creepy!

Then we were off to Epcot for our dinner at Les Chefs de France. We had an 8:10 ADR and started heading that way at 6:20, we didn’t want to rush. We had cut through the shops on Main Street and at one point we emerged right in time to see the castle lights being turned on. Talk about a magic moment. Of course I didn’t lift up the camera for a picture…

Then to the monorail and on Epcot. We stopped in here for some refreshments before heading to dinner. They had changed their offerings, it was fun to try different drinks.

We meandered in a shop for a little bit, looking at chocolates and Christmas ornaments, and then were here at 7:45.

There were tons of people waiting, we still had to wait but got in a little earlier than our ADR time which was nice.

Mom had been looking forward to this meal for months. Me too, but not as much as mom. We had eaten here on a previous trip and she says the French onion soup is one of the best she’s ever had, the crème brulee too.

Mom’s French onion soup

My ordinary salad

Mom had the tomato and goat cheese pizza as her entrée. It is truly amazing, they drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top, and the crust is out of this world delicious. Next time I’ll get this as my entrée.

Not that my macaroni was not good, on the contrary, it was amazing as well, but quite heavy. Even so, I managed to finish every single noodle. I shared some with mom and she gave me a little bit of the pizza.

I skipped dessert but you already know mom had the crème brulee

Our dinner was excellent. The service was fabulous and the food out of this world. We will be back, mom has dubbed this one of her favorites in all the World.

We didn’t linger in Epcot even though there were EMHs until 11:00. We had originally thought we might do Soarin! after dinner but weren’t quite up for it. I thought there would be a bus to the GF which would be more direct than having to change monorails at the TTC but I was wrong. We had to backtrack to the monorail. It didn’t take long though and we were back to the GF shortly after 10:00.

We noticed Peter, Wendy, and the boys in the floor, easy to miss if you’re not paying attention.

And then back over to the villas.

We went over to the concierge area to look for my groceries only to find no CMs and a guest literally yelling in the phone that somebody better get over to the villas and check her in. If they didn’t and she had to go back over to the main building they’d be sorry. She threatened to turn her car alarm in front of the villas and then did so. Her poor daughter was sitting next to her looking tired and embarrassed. This woman was off the deep end. We decided not to wait around and head up to the room. We just figured that the CM on duty had gone to the bathroom at the wrong time but when we called about the groceries we were told that nobody is on duty after 10:00 pm. Really? What if I needed toilet paper in the middle of the night? They offered to send bell services over and I just said I’d wait until the morning to get my groceries. They told me concierge opened again at 7:00 am so I’d call down when I woke up.

I journaled until I could no longer keep my eyes open and then went to sleep at 11:20. It had been a glorious first day of vacation.

Just checking in. Your photos from the Villas at the Grand Floridian are wonderful. I am hoping that I will get the chance to stay there in the future. Your view was stunning.

Corinna

Just checking in. Your photos from the Villas at the Grand Floridian are wonderful. I am hoping that I will get the chance to stay there in the future. Your view was stunning.

Corinna

:wave2: Welcome back! I can't wait to hear about your trip :)

We were so lucky to have gotten that view, we both couldn't believe it. That's one of the great things about DVC, there's always another trip. I hope you get to stay there too, it was gorgeous.

Looks like a great day with your mom! I love Les Chefs de France and I can't even imagine finishing the Mac and Cheese, but we also order all kinds of extra stuff. Is the French Onion Soup Vegetarian? Normally it's made with beef or chicken broth, do they use vegetable?

Nice pictures of all the views and the resort.

Loving your TR. The food at Les Chef looks great and it looks like you got a lot of rides done.

Looks like a great day with your mom! I love Les Chefs de France and I can't even imagine finishing the Mac and Cheese, but we also order all kinds of extra stuff. Is the French Onion Soup Vegetarian? Normally it's made with beef or chicken broth, do they use vegetable?

Nice pictures of all the views and the resort.

I forgot to put in that the pedometer said that we walked 9.6 miles that day, I guess I was really hungry. I was surprised I finished it though.

I thought for sure it had a vegetarian symbol next to it but if it uses a meat broth I couldn't bear to tell her, she loves it so much.

I totally missed the update. I love all the extra photos. Dinner looked delicious. I would have loved the Macaroni Cheese. I am glad that you enjoyed The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

:wave2: Welcome back! I can't wait to hear about your trip :)

We were so lucky to have gotten that view, we both couldn't believe it. That's one of the great things about DVC, there's always another trip. I hope you get to stay there too, it was gorgeous.

I will probably not get started on the trip report until the new year. I will have a crazy busy schedule at work for the next week or so on top of everything else I need to catch up with.

Corinna

I thought for sure it had a vegetarian symbol next to it but if it uses a meat broth I couldn't bear to tell her, she loves it so much.

I just checked my pictures from January and looked at the menu. There was no indication of anything vegetarian other than the entrees. Perhaps they have reprinted the menu since then. :confused3

I will probably not get started on the trip report until the new year. I will have a crazy busy schedule at work for the next week or so on top of everything else I need to catch up with.

Corinna

Oh good! Not that my schedule will be any better by then, but I hope that I will have both my TRs wrapped up by then so I'll only be following TRs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter