I've fallen in love with the VGF - TR (pics from Jan. trip, 2/23, p.22)

LOVE the VGF photos!!!
initially, i though you had a 1bdrm - the studio looks HUGE, with an amazing view :cloud9:

thanks for the wonderful walk-through!

LOVE the VGF photos!!!
initially, i though you had a 1bdrm - the studio looks HUGE, with an amazing view :cloud9:

thanks for the wonderful walk-through!

It felt huge too, it was a fabulous room. I think the second shower is what made it feel really big. For longer trips I'll get a 1BR, the lack of storage was a problem for me.

The GF is beautiful. You're really making me want to stay there.

Dinner looks delicious. I haven't been there but wow, your moms soup looks like ooey gooey goodness.

Bummer on the continued band issues. I'm glad nothing major got fouled up.

I love the CBJ. It screams my childhood. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. :goodvibes

Peter Pan is one of my favorites too.

I agree that the Jingle Cruise didn't live up to the hype. Our skipper at Disneyland told maybe two Christmas jokes and other than a few red ribbons and the gorilla scene, it didn't feel jingly at all.

The GF is beautiful. You're really making me want to stay there.

You must! It's so gorgeous!!!!

Dinner looks delicious. I haven't been there but wow, your moms soup looks like ooey gooey goodness.

Another you must, its definitetly become one of our favorites.

Bummer on the continued band issues. I'm glad nothing major got fouled up.

Once they started working they were fabulous, I really like them.

I love the CBJ. It screams my childhood. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. :goodvibes

We were laughing SO HARD! That blood song just hit our funny bones! :rotfl:

Peter Pan is one of my favorites too.

It was just perfect to walk on with the FP+

I agree that the Jingle Cruise didn't live up to the hype. Our skipper at Disneyland told maybe two Christmas jokes and other than a few red ribbons and the gorilla scene, it didn't feel jingly at all.

I couldn't figure why they were hyping it up like they did, I was a bit disapointed.

Day 2:

I woke up at 7:15 and couldn't go back to sleep, I had a horrible headache. Definitely didn't get enough caffeine yesterday. So my first order of business was to get my soda. I almost got dressed and went down to get the groceries but I was feeling lazy so called bell services instead. When they arrived I learned that there are no bell hops at the villas, the bell hops from the main resort have to come over to the villas so I should have just asked them to bring the groceries over last night. There was no way to know that though. My next order of business was to get some ice, and luckily it was only one floor down.

Oh glorious nectar of the gods!

We both had a bagel and cream cheese. Mom had the excellent idea to bring bagels, rolls, cream cheese, and butter in the suitcase. I don't think Ill ever need any meat, but Alison, you've been an inspiration, thank you! It was so nice to have breakfasts in the room and not feel the need to rush out to find some food.

Our excellent plans for the day were some that we were both very much looking forward to. I was going to meet Corinna for the first time in person, have lunch with her, and see the Candlelight Processional featuring Whoopi Goldberg. Lunch was not until 1:50 so I made some FP+ reservations for the morning. Soarin at 10:10-11:10, Test Track at 11:10-12:10, and Maelstrom at 12:10-1:10.

I ended up watching cartoons and some reality shows too long so I changed the FP+ for Soarin to 8-9 pm. Mom enjoyed reading on the verandah for a few hours.

I found some cute ducks to watch for a bit, I am very fond of ducks.

We managed to drag ourselves out of the room by 11:20 and headed to the monorail to make our way to Epcot.

We found the roasted chestnuts on the way, they are at the front of the resort.

We got two, but saved them for later. They would have given us each two but I wasn't sure if I would like them.

We stopped by the concierge and asked if they could help us with the MBs regarding the charging situation. What had happened is when we were checked in yesterday they gave us a $0 limit so whenever we charged something we were over our limit... Quick fix, and we were set to go. After that the MBs worked perfectly.

By some stroke of luck we had an empty car all the way to the Contemporary.

We managed to miss our Test Track FP+ but got to Maelstrom. We didn't reschedule Test Track, it will have to wait for another trip.

Some hidden trolls in the mural at the loading area

This is one of those rides that I just thoroughly enjoy. Its a little cheesy but I like it. We didn't stay for the movie, we needed to get to lunch.

We stopped in Japan to listen to the drummers for a little bit.

And then found our way here

The courtyard is quite pretty. I honestly don't think I knew this restaurant was back here.

I don't know what this is but I want it!

Corinna arrived and it was so nice to see her in person. We headed inside and the restaurant was gorgeous!

We were treated to some belly dancing. I tried to get a good photo but she was movin to the groovin!

We chatted the entire meal and it was so nice to spend the afternoon with Corinna.

Mom didn't quite understand how the CP meal package worked even though I thought I explained it. So when she told the waiter all she wanted was couscous I reminded her that we had to pay close to $40 regardless of the amount of food she ordered. So the waiter ended up bringing her tons of vegetarian options.

We both had a salad

These were absolutely amazing! Goat cheese and olives with some crispy things. We both agreed that we would go back just for these.

He did bring her the requested couscous

And also this fabulous veggie platter

I had salmon with mushrooms and hummus. Very tasty.

I almost asked Corinna if I could take a picture of her dish but I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

Mom and Corinna had the baklava for dessert which they said they enjoyed

And I had a very strange dessert that was described as being topped with icecream but was more like a rosewater custard type thing. I was not happy with my choice.

To be continued with the Candlelight Processional...

Did you know that Duck and Chestnuts go together well? :rolleyes1

Looks like a great day so far. Nice and relaxing and some FP+ booked in; so there is no need for the early morning dash. I love that courtyard at Morocco. It's lovely, isn't it?

Pity about your dessert. The rest of the food looks great.

Looks like a great day so far. It's so nice when you can enjoy some time relaxing in the room and not have to rush around. It's good that they figured out your issue with the charging on the MBs. I think if they can get them to work with our passes, I might like them too. :)

Did you know that Duck and Chestnuts go together well? :rolleyes1

:scared1:

Looks like a great day so far. Nice and relaxing and some FP+ booked in; so there is no need for the early morning dash. I love that courtyard at Morocco. It's lovely, isn't it?

The more we go to WDW the more our vacation habits change. The feeling to 'get it all done' is gone and we just enjoy what we can get to.

The courtyard was so pretty. I can't remember the last time I went past the shops, it was such a pleasant little oasis.

Pity about your dessert. The rest of the food looks great.

Everything else was very delicious, we will definitely be back. The dessert sounded so promising on the menu...

Looks like a great day so far. It's so nice when you can enjoy some time relaxing in the room and not have to rush around. It's good that they figured out your issue with the charging on the MBs. I think if they can get them to work with our passes, I might like them too. :)

I'm very glad we've come to the point of not needing to rush around. It has made WDW much more enjoyable.

I hope they figure out the MBs with your passes, I left this trip liking them very much.

Chestnuts? How perfect!

We love Marrakesh. I don't see many reviews on it either. Morocco is one of our favorite Epcot countries. Their CS is also delicious.

Cute ducks.

I am, at this very moment, trying to talk Michael into a holiday trip to WDW, next December over the kids break. I told him I can book SSR in about 3 weeks. He loves his SSR.

Sounds like you enjoyed meeting Corinna. Any pics? You know we all love our meet photos. And meat photos. :rotfl2: Right Alison?

Great update Pam how nice to just have brekkie in your room, you and Mom chill out watching shows and reading knowing those FP+ are there for later if you want them! Cute ducks! Nice to have those bagels! We always bring cereal for the first morning then buy the rest. So much nicer to have breakfast in bed watching the weather channel! And Stacie!

Morocco dining looked great how nice to meet Corinna! Your dessert sounds like some lame attempt at Turkish Delight with the rose water. Believe me Morocco in EPCOT so much nicer than the real Marrakech! I thought I would not come out alive!

Looking forward to hearing about the Candle light and Whoopie! Never been lucky enough to see that. Yum re chestnuts :-) I bet they smelt lovely. They do that on the streets of London during winter and the smell is amazing.

Chestnuts? How perfect!

And better yet, FREE chestnuts. I thought it was a nice touch.

We love Marrakesh. I don't see many reviews on it either. Morocco is one of our favorite Epcot countries. Their CS is also delicious.

Mary Ellen had commented how good the CS was so I took my DB and SiL there last year and they said it was fabulous.

Cute ducks.

If there's a duck I end up taking a photo... I spared you guys more ducks pictures while waiting in Japan. :rotfl:

I am, at this very moment, trying to talk Michael into a holiday trip to WDW, next December over the kids break. I told him I can book SSR in about 3 weeks. He loves his SSR.

Did you take him to Starbucks?

That would be awesome! :cool1:

Sounds like you enjoyed meeting Corinna. Any pics? You know we all love our meet photos. And meat photos. :rotfl2: Right Alison?

Would you believe we forgot the picture :(

Great update Pam how nice to just have brekkie in your room, you and Mom chill out watching shows and reading knowing those FP+ are there for later if you want them! Cute ducks! Nice to have those bagels! We always bring cereal for the first morning then buy the rest. So much nicer to have breakfast in bed watching the weather channel! And Stacie!

I think this will be a new addition to the packing, it was just so nice not to rush out in the mornings.

Morocco dining looked great how nice to meet Corinna! Your dessert sounds like some lame attempt at Turkish Delight with the rose water.

Lunch was overall fabulous but that dessert was not pleasant. I tried to eat it but gave up, not worth the calories. And spending time with Corinna was so nice.

Believe me Morocco in EPCOT so much nicer than the real Marrakech! I thought I would not come out alive!

:scared1:

Looking forward to hearing about the Candle light and Whoopie! Never been lucky enough to see that. Yum re chestnuts :-) I bet they smelt lovely. They do that on the streets of London during winter and the smell is amazing.

I have lots of pictures of the CP and Whoopi. The lunch package is the way to go. I discovered later I don't care for roasted chestnuts but mom loved hers.

I looove Restaurant Marrakesh--it is right behind Artist Point as my fave! I had the best lamb of my life there.

But I give up--who is Corrina? I cannot figure it out!

ooooh!!!! so it was a DiS'er meet up!

I was thinking you were a celebrity of some sort i had never heard of.

I would have loved free roasted chestnuts. I love them, but they are best eaten hot.

We actually had very similar Fastpass times just that I had a character meet and great instead of Maelstrom. Until I saw that you changed one and missed the other, I wondered if we were actually in the same place at the same time before we met up.

It was so great to meet you and your mom and spend the afternoon together. I am also glad that this gave me the opportunity to eat at Restaurant Marrakesh again. It would not have made me uncomfortable at all if you had taken a photo of my food. I do it myself if I remember. Graham always teases me that other people say grace before eating and I take photos of the food.

Corinna

ooooh!!!! so it was a DiS'er meet up!

I was thinking you were a celebrity of some sort i had never heard of.

Not yet also I felt like one on occasion this trip. On every Disney day, I was stopped at some point by people who recognized me from my trip reports. I had no idea just how many people seem to follow them.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter