I've fallen in love with the VGF - TR (pics from Jan. trip, 2/23, p.22)

Holy crap - that woman was seriously flipping out! I'd get out of there too! :rotfl2:

Sorry about the grocery delay and caffeine withdrawal. The rest of your day sounds pretty perfect.

Holy Mega update!

So - you walk from the villas to the GF to get the monorail? Is it a short walk? I guess it must be reasonable. There is a separate parking lot for the villas, right?

Denny and I had so much fun playing the Socerer's game. I loved it, although it was a tad embarrassing when I found myself in line with only kids. Then Denny would pretend he wasn't playing. :rotfl2:

Love your mom's shirt. Very cute.

The pizza looks really yummy. I may have to try that.

Great update!

Really enjoyed your update Pam thank you. Sorry about your groceries! Mental note not to use that company! 35 mins to get to MK by boat seems a long wait! Worse than the bus at peak times at Jambo house lol. 10 mins by bus not bad. I thought it was a great shame they did not provide a walk way from VGF to MK like from SSR to DTD.

Yum to pesco Bill's my fav next to BOG! Love the salad help your self there. Those mushrooms are yummy. Those MB's seem to be very unreliable. I would not have been no savy as you as to have my CC with me so well done!

That Sorcerers game such fun. It's great it leads you around parts of the park often over looked. Oh my seeing those Christmas decorations being made. I just love blown glass being made like that :-) what a treat.

Yeah Pirates! Now those Bears completely freak me out lol.

I must confess to being so impressed by the Tangled bathrooms I did take photos lol. I figured it was worth the looks from others. But rather than committing me to the nearest looney tunes house, when they saw me do it two others got their cameras out. :-)

Le Chefs looks good! Yum mac n cheese and pizza! One of each pls! I like the generous amount of tomato sauce on the pizza. I know it's the pucker Italian way to literally show the pizza the sauce but as I have mine without fromage s'il vous plait I like my drowning!

No CM on the desk during those times...mmm ..not sure that's a workable model but a slight disproportionate response from the guest you saw there! In fact I think she may have been in the supermarket this weekend in England barging me out the way to get the last cranberry sauce....man was that woman on fire!

I totally missed the update. I love all the extra photos. Dinner looked delicious. I would have loved the Macaroni Cheese. I am glad that you enjoyed The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

That macaroni is one of the best I've ever had, so scrumptious! We went back to play the Sorcerer game two other days, we had a great time with it. I knew I wanted to try it after reading your TRs.

I will probably not get started on the trip report until the new year. I will have a crazy busy schedule at work for the next week or so on top of everything else I need to catch up with.

Corinna

I'll be there whenever you start it. I hope work goes well, sorry you have to work Christmas.

I just checked my pictures from January and looked at the menu. There was no indication of anything vegetarian other than the entrees. Perhaps they have reprinted the menu since then. :confused3

Uh oh! I'm not going to tell her. I found out one of her favorite dishes at the Cheesecake Factory is made with chicken broth, the sweet corn tamale cakes. I haven't told her about that either.

Holy crap - that woman was seriously flipping out! I'd get out of there too! :rotfl2:

She was so rude, I felt bad for the CM on the phone. Sounded like an entitled personality, which I always have a hard time with anyway. Very unpleasant to witness.

Sorry about the grocery delay and caffeine withdrawal. The rest of your day sounds pretty perfect.

The rest of the day was perfect, absolutely perfect. And the bad thing is I gave her a very generous tip since it was such a small order, I was not happy.

Holy Mega update!

So - you walk from the villas to the GF to get the monorail? Is it a short walk? I guess it must be reasonable. There is a separate parking lot for the villas, right?

I don't know about the parking lot but the walk to the main building and monorail is less than 5 minutes, very convenient.

Denny and I had so much fun playing the Socerer's game. I loved it, although it was a tad embarrassing when I found myself in line with only kids. Then Denny would pretend he wasn't playing. :rotfl2:

Shame on Denny! :rotfl: we had a lot of fun with it too, such a great addition to the park. We were mostly in line with other adults which was cute.

Love your mom's shirt. Very cute.

I'll tell her :)

The pizza looks really yummy. I may have to try that.

Please do, everything about it is fabulous, the flaky pastry crust, the goat cheese, the olive oil and vinegar on top, so good!!!

Great update!

Thank you :)

Really enjoyed your update Pam thank you. Sorry about your groceries! Mental note not to use that company! 35 mins to get to MK by boat seems a long wait! Worse than the bus at peak times at Jambo house lol. 10 mins by bus not bad. I thought it was a great shame they did not provide a walk way from VGF to MK like from SSR to DTD.

We did take the boat later in the trip and it was only a 20 minute trip, but the monorail was super convenient. They have most of a walk way done between MK and the GF but it was never finished.

I was not pleased about the groceries. I think in the future I'll just but diet coke 2 liters in the gift shops, they also have milk and bananas for mom. I'll use Garden Grocer for the longer trips when I'll need more stuff.

Yum to pesco Bill's my fav next to BOG! Love the salad help your self there. Those mushrooms are yummy. Those MB's seem to be very unreliable. I would not have been no savy as you as to have my CC with me so well done!

I'm so glad I had the CC with me! I was so hungry. I'm going to try and get a BOG ADR for May.

That Sorcerers game such fun. It's great it leads you around parts of the park often over looked. Oh my seeing those Christmas decorations being made. I just love blown glass being made like that :-) what a treat.

We totally happened upon the glass blowing, it was very cool. A very impressive skill to have.

Agreed on the Sorcerers game, we thoroughly enjoyed that.

Yeah Pirates! Now those Bears completely freak me out lol.

The bears are bizarre, no doubt about it!

I must confess to being so impressed by the Tangled bathrooms I did take photos lol. I figured it was worth the looks from others. But rather than committing me to the nearest looney tunes house, when they saw me do it two others got their cameras out. :-)

They were really cool, I should have taken pictures.

Le Chefs looks good! Yum mac n cheese and pizza! One of each pls! I like the generous amount of tomato sauce on the pizza. I know it's the pucker Italian way to literally show the pizza the sauce but as I have mine without fromage s'il vous plait I like my drowning!

That meal was fabulous, I could definitely go for a repeat. It depends on the sauce for me, and this was scrumptious!

No CM on the desk during those times...mmm ..not sure that's a workable model but a slight disproportionate response from the guest you saw there! In fact I think she may have been in the supermarket this weekend in England barging me out the way to get the last cranberry sauce....man was that woman on fire!

Oh my about the person at the supermarket! People can get crazy this time of year.

I definitely think there should be a CM down there 24/7, it almost felt like we were abandoned after 10:00.

Back from my Christmas trip back home. Love the pics! So weird that they aren't staffing the front desk 24x7. I hope that lady's trip got more magical.

Jill in CO

I was thinking about that glass blowing you were able to see and how amazing that was. Pam do you know was this a holiday treat or do they let you view this at other times of the year when they are making other ornaments? I just love glass blowing! :-) I bet you couldn't believe your luck seeing that. It's that kind of thing that makes you just want to just keep going back. I think even if we went every year for the rest of our lives we could never see every detail the imagineers have created for us. But I'm gonna try :-) well it's rude not too!

Back from my Christmas trip back home. Love the pics! So weird that they aren't staffing the front desk 24x7. I hope that lady's trip got more magical.

Jill in CO

Welcome back Jill :) how was your trip? I hope fabulous! I hope they change the front desk situation.

I was thinking about that glass blowing you were able to see and how amazing that was. Pam do you know was this a holiday treat or do they let you view this at other times of the year when they are making other ornaments? I just love glass blowing! :-) I bet you couldn't believe your luck seeing that. It's that kind of thing that makes you just want to just keep going back. I think even if we went every year for the rest of our lives we could never see every detail the imagineers have created for us. But I'm gonna try :-) well it's rude not too!

It's a year round thing, they're not there all day though. We've passed by demonstrations several times, this time we stopped to enjoy it. They hand make a lot of what's in the store, the Arribas store, so they're always making new inventory. I think you can even ask for a custom piece.

Me too, I love that there's always something else to see and enjoy :)

When you stay at OKW or SSR you have to leave your building 24/7 and go to the main building to see CM's for everything. At VGF you only have to do it after 10:00pm.

It's a year round thing, they're not there all day though. We've passed by demonstrations several times, this time we stopped to enjoy it. They hand make a lot of what's in the store, the Arribas store, so they're always making new inventory. I think you can even ask for a custom piece. Me too, I love that there's always something else to see and enjoy :)
oh that's nice to know! Thanks Pam I am so going to drag Jo there! :-) how lovely.

WOW! I am in love with that balcony and view. UGH on the groceries, very frustrating and yikes on the screaming woman. She needed to go to bed!

Gorgeous pictures

When you stay at OKW or SSR you have to leave your building 24/7 and go to the main building to see CM's for everything. At VGF you only have to do it after 10:00pm.

I guess that's true. It's just that you know clearly where you're supposed to check in at those places. You know you need to go to the main building because that's where the CMs are. At VGF there's 3 concierge desks that look very abandoned if there's nobody there.

WOW! I am in love with that balcony and view. UGH on the groceries, very frustrating and yikes on the screaming woman. She needed to go to bed!

Gorgeous pictures

We were so lucky with the view, couldn't really believe it. I pitied the CM that woman was yelling at, she was beyond rude.

We were allowed to take pictures of the bears at the end

Why oh why was there blood on the ground? And why was it a puddle of blood? Mom and I were HOWLING! We couldn’t stop laughing, one of those make your stomach hurt laughs, it was great!

We learned from another guest a couple days later that the voice of this bear was doing a parody of one of his own songs. That is just too funny.

Onward to our destination

One of my very favorite rides!

It was a walk on with the FP+ and a 45 minute doing standby. I was loving the MBs!

Adored the ride as usual, wished we could go again but there’s no way I was waiting in the standby line. We noticed this weather vane that neither of us had seen before. This is why I love Disney so much, there are details everywhere, details you don’t need but are there just the same.

We stopped in at the Tangled bathrooms

They are so cute. Again, the attention to detail I love. They painted the ceiling like Rapunzel did in the tower, and had cute props on the shelves, like paint cans or something like that. The door stalls looked like they were wood and old fashioned. Yes, I thought about whipping out the camera for some photos but there were too many people in there and I felt weird about it.

Then we were off to a scary ride in the Haunted Mansion. I sat on the other side of the Doom buggy than I usually do and saw tons of creepy details that I’d never seen before. That ride is so creepy!

Then we were off to Epcot for our dinner at Les Chefs de France. We had an 8:10 ADR and started heading that way at 6:20, we didn’t want to rush. We had cut through the shops on Main Street and at one point we emerged right in time to see the castle lights being turned on. Talk about a magic moment. Of course I didn’t lift up the camera for a picture…

Then to the monorail and on Epcot. We stopped in here for some refreshments before heading to dinner. They had changed their offerings, it was fun to try different drinks.

We meandered in a shop for a little bit, looking at chocolates and Christmas ornaments, and then were here at 7:45.

There were tons of people waiting, we still had to wait but got in a little earlier than our ADR time which was nice.

Mom had been looking forward to this meal for months. Me too, but not as much as mom. We had eaten here on a previous trip and she says the French onion soup is one of the best she’s ever had, the crème brulee too.

Mom’s French onion soup

My ordinary salad

Mom had the tomato and goat cheese pizza as her entrée. It is truly amazing, they drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top, and the crust is out of this world delicious. Next time I’ll get this as my entrée.

Not that my macaroni was not good, on the contrary, it was amazing as well, but quite heavy. Even so, I managed to finish every single noodle. I shared some with mom and she gave me a little bit of the pizza.

I skipped dessert but you already know mom had the crème brulee

Our dinner was excellent. The service was fabulous and the food out of this world. We will be back, mom has dubbed this one of her favorites in all the World.

We didn’t linger in Epcot even though there were EMHs until 11:00. We had originally thought we might do Soarin! after dinner but weren’t quite up for it. I thought there would be a bus to the GF which would be more direct than having to change monorails at the TTC but I was wrong. We had to backtrack to the monorail. It didn’t take long though and we were back to the GF shortly after 10:00.

We noticed Peter, Wendy, and the boys in the floor, easy to miss if you’re not paying attention.

And then back over to the villas.

We went over to the concierge area to look for my groceries only to find no CMs and a guest literally yelling in the phone that somebody better get over to the villas and check her in. If they didn’t and she had to go back over to the main building they’d be sorry. She threatened to turn her car alarm in front of the villas and then did so. Her poor daughter was sitting next to her looking tired and embarrassed. This woman was off the deep end. We decided not to wait around and head up to the room. We just figured that the CM on duty had gone to the bathroom at the wrong time but when we called about the groceries we were told that nobody is on duty after 10:00 pm. Really? What if I needed toilet paper in the middle of the night? They offered to send bell services over and I just said I’d wait until the morning to get my groceries. They told me concierge opened again at 7:00 am so I’d call down when I woke up.

I journaled until I could no longer keep my eyes open and then went to sleep at 11:20. It had been a glorious first day of vacation.

We ordered our stuff right through Disney and they delivered everything to our room while we were at the park. They even put it away for us. But I think they have a certain time to deliver. Which was fine with us as we got in later that we usually do from Philly and was able to drop our carry-ons in the room and head right out to EPCOT. :thumbsup2 Next time we stay at BLT I will order from there. Saves us stopping in the store on the concourse and lugging the bags to our room as we used to do.
Nancy princess:

We ordered our stuff right through Disney and they delivered everything to our room while we were at the park. They even put it away for us. But I think they have a certain time to deliver. Which was fine with us as we got in later that we usually do from Philly and was able to drop our carry-ons in the room and head right out to EPCOT. :thumbsup2 Next time we stay at BLT I will order from there. Saves us stopping in the store on the concourse and lugging the bags to our room as we used to do.
Nancy princess:

The only reason I haven't used the Disney delivery is because they only have Coke products. I have a major diet mountain dew addiction, but I might have to make do with diet coke on short trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter