I've fallen in love with the VGF - TR (pics from Jan. trip, 2/23, p.22)

That's good to know about FP+ allowing more rides. I still haven't grasped the concept but haven't looked all that much. We don't have any WDW plans for 2014 and possibly not for 2015.

:thumbsup2 There will definitely be one for sure!

Did I see your TR????!! :confused3 Why of course! :laughing: Did you really have to ask ;)

Im sorry :) its been a while and there's so many things sloshing around in my brain. I cant remember who's read what or sometimes even what I've read :laughing:

That's good to know about FP+ allowing more rides. I still haven't grasped the concept but haven't looked all that much. We don't have any WDW plans for 2014 and possibly not for 2015.

December 2014 is a no go?

They'll have worked out all the kinks by then at least. Basically you're picking 3 rides/attractions in advance. My biggest issue is that you can only do them for one park per day. So when you're planning to park hop you have to choose which park you'll get FP+s for. Im hoping they change that for the future.

December 2014 is a no go?

They'll have worked out all the kinks by then at least. Basically you're picking 3 rides/attractions in advance. My biggest issue is that you can only do them for one park per day. So when you're planning to park hop you have to choose which park you'll get FP+s for. Im hoping they change that for the future.

Maybe Disneyland 2014 but not WDW. I told Michael we need to decide by May. This year has turned topsy turvey and I am so glad Mexico and the cruise are done deals.

So only one parks FPs a day? Did it make you hop less?​

Maybe Disneyland 2014 but not WDW. I told Michael we need to decide by May. This year has turned topsy turvey and I am so glad Mexico and the cruise are done deals.

So only one parks FPs a day? Did it make you hop less?​

Uh oh! I hope everything is ok. You're trip is right around the corner! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Come to think of it, yes, it probably did cause us to park hop less.

Day 5, Last Day:

I was very rudely awakened by crinkling plastic bags and an endless percolating coffee maker at 8:16. Mom had apparently woken up early and started packing. For some reason the coffee maker wasn’t making coffee but continuously bubbling for at least 30 minutes… Not the best last morning wake up call.

I really didn’t need to pack up anything since I had never unpacked anything but my shower items. So I caught up in my journal and slowly got ready. I tend to enjoy the room until the last possible moment and today was no exception. Mom enjoyed the balcony a bit while I caught up in the journal, why she didn’t do that while I was sleeping is beyond me… The only food we needed to take was the leftover pizza from the night before, we had done good eating the food this trip. We got ourselves going and made it out of the room at 10:54.

Goodbye room, you’ve been absolutely lovely!

We had not received an airline check-in packet which worried me. We were flying Southwest which is my airline of choice. I didn’t dare check us in at the 24 hour mark the night before because the one time I did they weren’t able to take our bags at the resort. As a result this morning we got late C boarding numbers. I’m a bit confused because for several trips they would provide an envelope the night before with boarding passes and baggage stickers. However, on this trip, and the trip I just took last week they didn’t do this. I asked if I should check us in myself but they said that could result in them not being able to take our bags again. So it’s a catch 22, I’m not sure what to do…

After checking in we left our carryons with Bell Services and then headed off to MK for one last time this trip. I had thought we might head to AK or just relax by the pool this last day, but mom figured we could go to MK for a few hours since it was so close and then still relax by the pool for a few hours.

We stopped in and got some more Sorcerers cards, it was a big theme this trip, and then took the train to Frontierland to start our next adventure. This battle had to do with the bad guy from Pocahontas.

Saw some birds having fun on the way

We defeated our villain and then headed over to Adventureland for another battle.

We had to wait in a little bit of a line for our portal so I took a few pictures. I thought this palm tree was rather unique, mom said it was a ribbon palm.

Oh, there’s another one

They really did a great job integrating the game into the park.

When we got to this portal there was quite a long line and ended up chatting with someone else waiting. Apparently there is a group of people that have taken it upon themselves to set up a FB page and help people understand the game. He traded quite a few cards with us and gave us many that he had extras of. He was very nice.

Then off to another portal which I didn’t get a photo of, and then back to the place where we chatted with the guy and traded cards. He was still there and when we defeated our villain at that portal he said he’d walk with us to the next one since he was going that way. Well, we had no intention of playing another game which was good because I think he would have tagged along with us for who knows how long. It was time to head out of the park and go sit by the pool.

We passed Aloha Isle on the way and since there was hardly any line I couldn’t help but stop for a treat.

I ordered a vanilla and pineapple swirl

And mom ordered a vanilla and orange swirl

She was very unhappy with hers and thought that they had given her a pineapple/orange swirl and went to take it back. No, the CM said, that is definitely vanilla not pineapple, and she gave mom a sample of pineapple/orange which really tasted different than what mom had. Poor mom was just standing there letting her icecream melt, she was not happy, she likes smooth vanilla and what she got was an icy vanilla. Well my vanilla was exactly what she wanted so I swapped with her. It was a very amusing few minutes. I was very surprised at the difference between the two vanillas coming from the same shop. Crisis averted we headed out of the park.

I always mean to stop and listen to these CMs but I never do. They were telling this guest how they had received love letters

Look how cute the nephews look!

They were making chocolate covered strawberries inside

Mom simply had to have another one of these

And I came away with this beauty

I think mom might have devoured hers on the spot, but I kept mine for later.

We decided on the boat back to the GF which was a fabulous idea.

We stopped and smelled some flowers

And finally managed a Gingerbread House picture

I thought this birdcage was too cool

And then we picked up our carryons from bell services. We learned while waiting that the GF was built in 1988 and that most of the bell hops have been there since it opened. The second from the bottom has been there for 22 years, and the most senior bell hop for 46. So obviously not at the GF but at WDW for 46 years. I was quite impressed!

Then we made ourselves comfortable here

It was quite a peaceful place to sit. We had the sun shining for a couple hours while I caught up in the journal, read, and tried to enjoy that beautiful rice crispy treat. What I discovered was that it was white chocolate that the sprinkles were attached to, and I do not care for white chocolate. I ate what I could but won’t be getting that particular treat again. We also ate the leftover pizza from last night. It was cold but still very delicious. Mom enjoyed the sun and read her book the whole time. Our DME was picking us up at 4:50 so at 4:20 we went to change into warmer clothes and then go sit in front of the resort.

We were picked up at 5:00 and it actually took 50 minutes to get to the airport, I never remember it taking that long. We stopped in the Disney store before going through security and then we were off to our gate.

We shared a sandwich for dinner and some McDonalds fries

Even with our high boarding numbers we managed to find the last two seats together at the very back of the plane. That was extremely lucky. Smooth flight but when we got to Baltimore we had to wait quite a while to get out of the plane, and then at least 30 minutes to get our bags. I was very glad we had driven to the airport so nobody was outside waiting for us. Finally we got our bags and made it to my car. It had been 70 degrees when we left on Friday, but was 20 degrees when we got back. I foolishly didn’t pack any closed toes shoes, and neither of us had our winter jacket with us. The car was covered in snow and it took a good hour before we were on our way. No matter, it had been another glorious trip. :)

Thank you all for reading!

Fantastic report! I'm not sure why they told you not to do online check in....I always do early bird check in with SW and have never had an issue getting them to print my boarding pass and take my bags.

Jill in CO

Fantastic report! I'm not sure why they told you not to do online check in....I always do early bird check in with SW and have never had an issue getting them to print my boarding pass and take my bags.

Jill in CO

Thanks so much for reading :)

One time at SSR I checked us in the night before and when we got to airline check in they said they couldn't take our bags. I was very frustrated. When we checked in at the airport I asked the SW people and they said that shouldn't have been a problem. That had been in 2011 but I am still wary each time it's going to happen again. So I asked the airline people at the GF what could have caused that, and apparently they can only check in a certain amount of guests at the resort and others have to do it at the airport. This makes absolutely no sense to me in the least.

AWww. Last day. Always bittersweet.

Another great update and I'm so envious that you got the Dole Whips on your last day. I had always thought I'd get a pineapple dole whip float on the trip I did in September - either at DL or at MK - but I never did get one. I guess I'll have to stare at my screen and enjoy the picture of the one you took,

That's a shame about the SWA and check-in. I doesn't sound right to me either. Oh well.

Thanks for sharing your trip. I really enjoyed seeing GF. It will be many years before I head back to Orlando.

Sorry its all over, but it was nice to read about your star at the VGF. It sounds like you and your mom had a nice triph together.

I also forgot to mention that we have several of those palm trees in our backyard at the new house.

AWww. Last day. Always bittersweet.

Another great update and I'm so envious that you got the Dole Whips on your last day. I had always thought I'd get a pineapple dole whip float on the trip I did in September - either at DL or at MK - but I never did get one. I guess I'll have to stare at my screen and enjoy the picture of the one you took,

That's a shame about the SWA and check-in. I doesn't sound right to me either. Oh well.

Thanks for sharing your trip. I really enjoyed seeing GF. It will be many years before I head back to Orlando.

It was a short trip so when the last day came I couldn't help thinking, 'we just got here we can't be leaving yet!'

Both those dole whips were so tasty, I was fine swapping with mom. Now I know I like the orange too. Sorry you didn't get one on your trip. :(

Thanks for reading :)

What a shame that you had such a rude awaking. Looks like you loads done though. I am a member of the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Facebook Group. They are a nice bunch.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Corinna

Can't believe how gorgeous the weather was for y'all!!! And how fabulous those villas turned out!! The unfortunate part of going to Disney....you have to leave :upsidedow and sing the Disney Blues. However....that just means it's time to plan another trip :teeth:!

Always enjoy following along. I'll be patiently waiting for the next trip popcorn::
Heather

What a shame that you had such a rude awaking. Looks like you loads done though. I am a member of the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Facebook Group. They are a nice bunch.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Corinna

Mom is funny, she is quite oblivious to noises she makes in the morning. Thats one reason I think we'll do a 1BR whenever points allow.

The guy was beyond helpful, spent lots of time explaining the intricacies of the game.

Thanks so much for reading :) and thanks again for spending your afternoon with us, that was such a lovely time :)

Can't believe how gorgeous the weather was for y'all!!! And how fabulous those villas turned out!! The unfortunate part of going to Disney....you have to leave :upsidedow and sing the Disney Blues. However....that just means it's time to plan another trip :teeth:!

Always enjoy following along. I'll be patiently waiting for the next trip popcorn::
Heather

The weather was just gorgeous, couldn't have asked for nicer.

I think the only reason I dont get really bummed the last day any more is because I have several trips in the pipeline which is so nice.

Those villas, I need a longer trip next time :lovestruc

Thanks so much for reading :) I'll post a link to the next one when I start.

Love it Pam and aside from the check in headache, it sounds like a practically perfect last afternoon. The treats look delicious. I like the ornate the bird cage too. Was that the kids Splash area the VGF pool?

I can't believe it's time to face the final curtain on this wonderful TR! Lol re coffee pot noise sounds like me when my poor Jo is trying to sleep. I choose the most annoying loud activity.

How confusing re the airline. That must be very frustrating. We don't experience that travelling internationally. We drop off our bags and check in with virgin at DTD.

Nice to go back into MK via monorail there am guessing. I read thread after thread about this fabulous 'dole whip' and being a lover of all things iced I raced over to try one in September. I spat it out! Like your Mom I love my vanilla smooth and mine was very icy with chips in it. I asked for orange but it had a tang of pineapple. Was not impressed nor was Jo. Maybe the machine is slightly faulty!

Cute re the nephews!

Now this is what I am talking about the glorious gingerbread house. Isn't that just the best? I didn't know if I should admire it or eat it lol. It was senses overload on the nose and eyes! Beautiful.

Yum re McDonalds!

What a change in temperature! Focus on next trip quick.. Thank you so much for sharing Pam. I so enjoyed this TR both at the VGF and the lights, decs and parks. Roll on next TR...encore...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter