I've fallen in love with the VGF - TR (pics from Jan. trip, 2/23, p.22)

Ok....let me just say WOW!!!! That 1 bedroom is gigantic! I've heard that it was big but your pictures really make it look huge. And the hot tub looks fabulous, too!!! Would you return to OKW? Just wondering if it feels like Disney??? I mean, I know that it is :laughing: but it kind of looks like condos (jmo, of course;)) Glad you had a great time!!!

What a gorgeous room. The one BR is so gorgeous and so big! Love it!

What an amazing first day. Love all the pictures!

Great update! We haven't had the pleasure of OKW yet but looking forward to doing so. The room looks amazing. Great location across from HH! Did you request that or was it a nice check in surprise?

Oh how I love the electrical parade and Pesco bills! Oh and HH oh and Pirates but you know I have never done Pooh is is accessible do you think? We did Dumbo last time and loved that.

Looks like you had a wonderful time I am so pleased! Think you got the best of the weather as well I don't think it's been great this month!

Thanks for posting!

Catching up.

Nice amount of space at OKW and you certainly packed in a lot in your day at MK. Looks like you scored with crowd levels. Loving the pictures. :thumbsup2

Ok....let me just say WOW!!!! That 1 bedroom is gigantic! I've heard that it was big but your pictures really make it look huge. And the hot tub looks fabulous, too!!! Would you return to OKW? Just wondering if it feels like Disney??? I mean, I know that it is :laughing: but it kind of looks like condos (jmo, of course;)) Glad you had a great time!!!

You're right, the 1BR is huge! OKW has a totally different vibe than the rest of the resorts to me, it definitely has more of a vacation 'home' feeling rather than a resort feeling. The tropical laid back atmosphere is super relaxing and wonderful. This was my second time there and I'll definitely be back.

What a gorgeous room. The one BR is so gorgeous and so big! Love it!

What an amazing first day. Love all the pictures!

It was such a fun day, I loved showing her around 'my' place. She had no idea it was like that, and I guess you really wouldn't if you'd never been there.

Loved the 1BR at OKW, especially that tub :lovestruc

Great update! We haven't had the pleasure of OKW yet but looking forward to doing so. The room looks amazing. Great location across from HH! Did you request that or was it a nice check in surprise?

It is worth staying at, a really lovely place :) The HH is a separate booking category, it's quite a big resort, like SSR, so it was nice to be close to the HH.

Oh how I love the electrical parade and Pesco bills! Oh and HH oh and Pirates but you know I have never done Pooh is is accessible do you think? We did Dumbo last time and loved that.

I think you'd be ok getting on Pooh. They might have a car that can fit a wheelchair but I'm really not sure. It's a super cute ride.

Looks like you had a wonderful time I am so pleased! Think you got the best of the weather as well I don't think it's been great this month!

Thanks for posting!

It was beyond cold two days later so I'm really glad it was nice weather with Jessica.

Catching up.

Nice amount of space at OKW and you certainly packed in a lot in your day at MK. Looks like you scored with crowd levels. Loving the pictures. :thumbsup2

I think we did pretty well with the time available, we missed plenty but there's always next time. We had great fun. :)

Love the pics and looks like you had a great time.

The ice cream looks so good!

I forgot how much I like OKW. It was our first DVC stay and I have the best memories. :goodvibes

Love the pics and looks like you had a great time.

The ice cream looks so good!

I forgot how much I like OKW. It was our first DVC stay and I have the best memories. :goodvibes

It was a great first day, I was so glad to show her MK and that she loved it.

Her icecream, a peanut butter fudge sundae, was delicious, mine however was sadly not the best. I had gotten the raspberry sorbet a few years ago and it was the best I had ever had, but it wasn't the same. Of course a few years will do that.

OKW is wonderful, not sure when I'll get back but it's a lovely resort.

Day 2:

Our destination was here

I just love how they have these flowers

We headed towards the safari but stopped several places along the way. I had the big camera and I wanted to see if we could catch the kangaroos. I could have watched these guys for ages. Sorry PIO, from your comment on your TR I gather these do not hold the fascination for you as they do me.

This guy just took the cake, he kept scratching his belly and was so fun to watch.

He just kept rolling around in the dirt, and I finally managed to catch him mid roll

and mid yawn, I was seriously entertained!

when I finally took my eyes and camera off the guy above, I almost felt like this guy was looking at me and thinking, 'lady, haven't you invaded our private time enough' :rotfl:

I finally dragged myself out of there and we continued on our way to the safari.

We happened upon this beautiful momma bird guarding her nest

and then poppa bird came around and helped put more sticks on it. I took at least 30 photos, I'm not sure why I didn't just take a video, but at the moment I didn't think about it.

After watching the beautiful birds for a while we headed to the safari. It was almost to the end of our FP+ window but we made it.

I couldn't believe our luck seeing these gorgeous hippos lounging on the shore

These guys were literally right next to the truck

if not for this branch I would have had such a great shot :(

I'd never seen the warhog out and about which was pretty cool

my favorite rhinos eluded me, but it was a great safari

Great shots on safari.

I should explain that I do find kangaroos fascinating; as do all the Aussie animals. But I'm a city dweller, so I can enjoy them at arms length.
The farmers feel differently; as they do eat grass. And when driving in the country at night, they are a roadkill hazard. And the big reds can cause a lot of damage to the car. So, some of the Aussies do hold the view that Kangaroos are akin to the deers you find in your countryside.

Great Safari pictures. Those kangaroos are just too cute! And you got pictures of the hippos OUT of the water. I am very impressed. And, of course, the lions were out to great you! Nice!

Great shots on safari.

I should explain that I do find kangaroos fascinating; as do all the Aussie animals. But I'm a city dweller, so I can enjoy them at arms length.
The farmers feel differently; as they do eat grass. And when driving in the country at night, they are a roadkill hazard. And the big reds can cause a lot of damage to the car. So, some of the Aussies do hold the view that Kangaroos are akin to the deers you find in your countryside.

Ahhh, I can totally understand about car accidents.

I guess I forgot to comment on your MK day. I'm glad the whole FP+ system seems to be working out for you! The animal shots you got were great! You even got the Cheetah!

Not to be off topic, but I'm going to be. You and your mom did a four night Dream cruise right? If so, do you remember your dining rotation and which night pirate night was? I'm trying to figure out what the rotations are on my cruise next year.

I guess I forgot to comment on your MK day. I'm glad the whole FP+ system seems to be working out for you! The animal shots you got were great! You even got the Cheetah!

Not to be off topic, but I'm going to be. You and your mom did a four night Dream cruise right? If so, do you remember your dining rotation and which night pirate night was? I'm trying to figure out what the rotations are on my cruise next year.

I truly hope they have things all fixed for your trip, FP+ has really been a fantastic time saver for me. I can't seem to get photobuckets cropping feature to work, I don't like that fuzzy area in the cheetah picture.

Off topic doesn't bother me in the least, I loved talking about anything. We did a 4 night on the Wonder, but I think pirate night is always on Nassau night.

I truly hope they have things all fixed for your trip, FP+ has really been a fantastic time saver for me. I can't seem to get photobuckets cropping feature to work, I don't like that fuzzy area in the cheetah picture.

Off topic doesn't bother me in the least, I loved talking about anything. We did a 4 night on the Wonder, but I think pirate night is always on Nassau night.

From what I've been reading, Nassau is the first day, CC is the second and Pirate Night is that night, the day at sea is the last night.

They are seeming now to repeat the restaurants from day 2 and 3 and do the pirate menu on day 3, but who know what they will do a year from now. I'll just have to wait and see what they do when it comes down to it. I'm thinking Remy on my Pirate night for this cruise. Palo Brunch on the last day at sea.

I guess I forgot to comment on your MK day. I'm glad the whole FP+ system seems to be working out for you! The animal shots you got were great! You even got the Cheetah! Not to be off topic, but I'm going to be. You and your mom did a four night Dream cruise right? If so, do you remember your dining rotation and which night pirate night was? I'm trying to figure out what the rotations are on my cruise next year.

We did 4 night in September/October. This was ours..

Set sail - Royal Table
Nassau - Artist Palette
CC - Enchanted Garden - Pirate night different menu this was awful food def book Remy or Palo!
Day at sea - last night ( we did Palo's brunch amazing and Palo dinner long story we hadn't planned this but CM gave us booking because the food service for me had been appalling on whole cruise. This was wonderful and made up for it and I love Palo's! Or server Bernie was lovely and the food I am still dreaming about! ) Enhanced Garden normal menu.

Hth

Great update Pam. I love kangaroos too probably because we don't have them and it's the novelty. I can't imagine driving at night and one jumping in front of my car though oh my!

Hippos too cute. Isn't the AK a lovely park? It's so peaceful. But actually lots to do and learn and nice and shaded. I love the safari!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter