Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just discovered this thread. We are heading to kidani village from the 13th to the 20th.

Anyone have any tips on taking the bus to HS? If you took the bus, did you have plenty of time to get in an get a boarding pass for ROTR? Is it better to drive over early and park at HS?

Last edited:
Hi! We were just able to book a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani Village by renting points from a friend who unfortunately couldn’t travel this year before they expired.
We will be at AKL from Sept 7-13. We have never stayed at AKL before and also have never stayed in a DVC room before. We are driving so we won’t be using WDW transportation.
Does anyone have any advice or tips for the room or resort? What are some things being offered during this time? (Activities, etc)
How busy have the pools been lately?
Anything else anyone can think of that I should know?
We are so excited to stay somewhere TOTALLY different than we’re used to. Although nervous we will never want to stay anywhere other than DVC in the future! :)
September
9/4 - 9/13 arrical8 - Jambo
9/7 -9/12 lexybear - AKL Jambo
9/7 - 913 sweetyk83 - AKL
9/8 - 9/12 Gerweniel - AKL Jambo
9/8 - 9/16 Jonathan Friedman - Jambo
9/8 - 9/19 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
9/11 - 9/20 AKLover - Jambo
9/13 ‐ 9/1Jess6 .stw AKL
9/13 - 9/26 Disneylvr1972 - AKV Kidani
9/18 - 9/21 denise_q - Kidani
9/22 - 9/25 crazymomof4 - AKL
9/23 - 9/25 osufeth24 - AKL Jambo
9/23 - 10/3 jf256 - AKL
9/26 momimouse27 - Kidani
9/27 - 10/2 karen4546 - AKL
9/27 - 10/4 sndral - AKV Kidani
9/28 - 10/7 Disnerd6838 - Kidani

My wife and I will be staying at Jambo house from 9/8-9/14. We planned two HS days and one Epcot day. If anyone is interested in meeting up at a park or at the resort feel free to message me. Always nice to meet people who enjoy Disney as much as we do.

Just discovered this thread. We are heading to kidani village from the 13th to the 20th.

Anyone have any tips on taking the bus to HS? If you took the bus, did you have plenty of time to get in an get a boarding pass for ROTR? Is it better to drive over early and park at HS?

We took the bus to HS around noon or 1 and then stayed the rest of the day. I was able to get a BP for ROTR 4 times (4 separate days) at 2 pm. So, as long as you practice ahead of time, and don't pause if there's a glitch (like not showing up in your party), you should be good to go too! CMs can always help you add someone back to your party if there's glitch. And for us the early crowds at opening just weren't worth it.

Thinking of booking AKL for April if everything is better then. I would like a renovated room. Are all of the refurbs completed now?

Does anyone know if there are laundry facilities currently available at either Jambo or Kidani?

I can't speak for Jambo, but Kidani's laundry room is open. 3 out of 4 washers were working and there were 9 or so dryers. It was a little tough to try and get a spot, so try and do laundry at odd times if possible. I also couldn't get the vending machine for the soap to work (wouldn't read any of my cards), so you may want to bring some. Luckily the front desk helped me out.

Question... Since there are no dining plans to worry about, is it ok for an adult to order the Mickey Waffles from the kids’ breakfast menu since they aren’t on the adult one?? I’m excited for everything BUT the limited food at Kidani and not having the option to walk over to the Mara (or Boma) for my stay over Marathon Weekend.

I can't speak for Jambo, but Kidani's laundry room is open. 3 out of 4 washers were working and there were 9 or so dryers. It was a little tough to try and get a spot, so try and do laundry at odd times if possible. I also couldn't get the vending machine for the soap to work (wouldn't read any of my cards), so you may want to bring some. Luckily the front desk helped me out.
Thank you!

It seems that I can never get available washers. What are the "off" times? Morning? Midday?

I’m staying at Kidani towards the end of the month. Is there anyone there now that has a copy of the recreation calendar for August or know where to find it online? (I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find one online.) I want to plan some of our time around the daily activities offered for the kids. Thanks!

It seems that I can never get available washers. What are the "off" times? Morning? Midday?

Go to the laundry view website: https://www.laundryview.com/selectProperty

search for and select your resort and then the laundry room of choice.

in the top right corner there is a "weekly statistics" link. click it. a chart will come up showing you machine usage. IIRC it is average over the last two weeks.

Yep, from the FAQ:

What are the Weekly Statistics?
The weekly usage report helps you avoid busy times in laundry rooms. The report illustrates laundry room usage by day and hour for the prior two weeks, so you can see trends and choose the best time to do your laundry.

ETA the same laundry view for your chosen laundry room will also show the current availability of washers and dryers. Note it may not be 100% accurate.

SW

Question... Since there are no dining plans to worry about, is it ok for an adult to order the Mickey Waffles from the kids’ breakfast menu since they aren’t on the adult one?? I’m excited for everything BUT the limited food at Kidani and not having the option to walk over to the Mara (or Boma) for my stay over Marathon Weekend.
This is always ok at a QS, dining plan or not, covid or not. Kidani breakfast is QS. You’re good!

For those who are or have been to Kidani since reopening, how much of a pain is it not having a QS (other than Sanaa in the morning)? Especially thinking dinner?

While I’m not opposed to doing a few TS meals at night, I’m not so sure how I feel about HAVING to do them every night.

I should add I do not cook, and I am 99.9% that the stuff available in the store would not work for someone gluten-free.

I was so excited to be staying here for Marathon Weekend in January (in no small part because I plan to spend most of my time at AK and I figure it’ll be easier to get there from Kidani/AKL, especially on Sunday), but the more I think about it, the more I am wondering if I should just either readjust plans or be patient and stay somewhere else where there are more food options and I am not forced to eat at the same place or go elsewhere (using Lyft unless I go to Springs), especially with likely reduced park hours.

How bad is it really with no QS?

For those who are or have been to Kidani since reopening, how much of a pain is it not having a QS (other than Sanaa in the morning)? Especially thinking dinner?

While I’m not opposed to doing a few TS meals at night, I’m not so sure how I feel about HAVING to do them every night.

I should add I do not cook, and I am 99.9% that the stuff available in the store would not work for someone gluten-free.

I was so excited to be staying here for Marathon Weekend in January (in no small part because I plan to spend most of my time at AK and I figure it’ll be easier to get there from Kidani/AKL, especially on Sunday), but the more I think about it, the more I am wondering if I should just either readjust plans or be patient and stay somewhere else where there are more food options and I am not forced to eat at the same place or go elsewhere (using Lyft unless I go to Springs), especially with likely reduced park hours.

Since you will have a fridge and a microwave, you might consider taking a Lyft to Publix. There’s one not very far from Animal Kingdom Lodge. That would allow you to have some things for light meals in your room.

My wife and I will be staying at Jambo house from 9/8-9/14. We planned two HS days and one Epcot day. If anyone is interested in meeting up at a park or at the resort feel free to message me. Always nice to meet people who enjoy Disney as much as we do.
August
8/11 - 8/17 Ptrejo85 - Kidani
8/12 - 8/20 JRoyster86 - AKL
8/18 - 8/24 KimBean - AKL
8/19 - 8/28 Minnieloves4 - AKL
8/22 - 8/29 JenniJ - AKL Jambo
8/29 - 9-/3 missyek - AKL
8/29 - 9/6 LuvinDisney83 - AKL
8/31 - 9/11 amilli12 - Jambo

The food situation at AKL right now is infuriating. There are not enough food options: Sanaa and the Kidani pool bar are woefully insufficient, the Kidani store is tiny and has virtually nothing, and the cash side of Jambo doesn't even have an opening date, so assume the restaurants will still be closed in January. Their decision to keep The Mara closed is indefensible, people staying in those resorts need to eat.

If you don't cook and won't have a car, I strongly recommend you choose another resort. You're going to have the most options in walking distance at the Crescent Lake resorts.

The food situation at AKL right now is infuriating. There are not enough food options: Sanaa and the Kidani pool bar are woefully insufficient, the Kidani store is tiny and has virtually nothing, and the cash side of Jambo doesn't even have an opening date, so assume the restaurants will still be closed in January. Their decision to keep The Mara closed is indefensible, people staying in those resorts need to eat.

If you don't cook and won't have a car, I strongly recommend you choose another resort. You're going to have the most options in walking distance at the Crescent Lake resorts.

Thanks. I ended up changing to the Poly - it has been a dream of mine to stay there, I will have all the Monorail options, and a studio there was the same price as Kidani!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter