Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Is the Mara open? It’s showing closed on the app. If so where is everyone eating?
No. It's not open, and if you look on the previous page, there's been quite a bit of discussion about it. The options right now are:
QS BREAKFAST at Sanaa
QS at Kidani pool bar (very limited hours and apparently closes during bad weather)
Lunch/dinner TS at Sanaa and Jiko.

So there are VERY VERY few options on-site for food.

Last edited:
No. It's not open, and if you look on the previous page, there's been quite a bit of discussion about it. The options right now are:
QS BREAKFAST at Sanaa
QS at Kidani pool bar (very limited hours and apparently closes during bad weather)
Lunch/dinner TS at Sanaa and Jiko.

So there are VERY VERY few options on-site for food.
Thanks! I figured there was info somewhere but have kidani and OKW pulled up and needed info quick so I can choose which to book.

This question came up elsewhere in my life and is probably covered, can I get take away from Sanaa at night without having a dine-in reservation? Trying to decide how many TS dinner reservations I need to book for our Sept trip. Bummed Mara isn't open, so no zebra domes anywhere? I know it's probably no, but I'll just sulk about it.

This question came up elsewhere in my life and is probably covered, can I get take away from Sanaa at night without having a dine-in reservation? Trying to decide how many TS dinner reservations I need to book for our Sept trip. Bummed Mara isn't open, so no zebra domes anywhere? I know it's probably no, but I'll just sulk about it.
I heard zebra domes are available at Kidani shop

Can you get room service if you are staying at Jambo and apologies if this has already been discussed. Over 7 months ago I booked my brother a room here and it wasn't until now that I realized he was in Jambo and not on the Kidani side and wondering what his options are.

One more question, he just told me that MDE said his magic bands would be available for pickup at the desk, is there a person at the desk in Jambo or does he have to go over to Kidani to get them?

Can you get room service if you are staying at Jambo and apologies if this has already been discussed. Over 7 months ago I booked my brother a room here and it wasn't until now that I realized he was in Jambo and not on the Kidani side and wondering what his options are.
One more question, he just told me that MDE said his magic bands would be available for pickup at the desk, is there a person at the desk in Jambo or does he have to go over to Kidani to get them?

Currently, there are no food services of any kind at Jambo. He might be able to order food delivery using Door Dash or a similar service.

I am sure there is some management at Jambo, but the front desk is not actively manned like at Kidani, so I might suggest starting there.

Currently, there are no food services of any kind at Jambo. He might be able to order food delivery using Door Dash or a similar service.

I am sure there is some management at Jambo, but the front desk is not actively manned like at Kidani, so I might suggest starting there.
Thank you for the input

Wait. No mgmt. sitting at front desk. That's crazy. When I was in college I worked the front desk at a major hotel chain as the night auditor. We always had a person at the desk. Are you sure we're not talking about a motel 6

Just got back. No music playing in the lobby of Jambo House on top of no food or shops. I would either stay elsewhere or delay my trip if AKL is where I wanted to stay.

We are DVC with a stay at Jambo in October. I think I can overcome the lack of food...we don't do a lot of QS anyway, Boma is out since our "adult" children don't eat enough to justify, Jiko we can do without... but is the main Pool open?

Still excited to be staying in Jambo in a month. Never been to AKL ever. It's only for 2 nights, so not having anything else won't really bother us, and we had only planned eating at Sanna anyway (got a reservation right at the 60 day mark)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter