louisiana

hey ya'll from New Orleans major Disneyaholic!!!!:cool1: We'll be in WDW for FD Sept. 19-27!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey there, I am originally from N.O., but am now in Baton Rouge. I see we will be there at the same time!!! Spet 20-26 w/FD :banana: for us, wish i could do the extra days. Where are you staying?

Mother's Day would probably be better than near any other major Holiday

I thought it would be a pretty good time to go without the crowds but now i'm starting to rethink that. I have been reading a lot of people on disboards are saying that it may be more crowded than usual because of the 4/3 promotions. What do you guys think?

Hey there, I am originally from N.O., but am now in Baton Rouge. I see we will be there at the same time!!! Spet 20-26 w/FD :banana: for us, wish i could do the extra days. Where are you staying?

WE are staying at the POP, we're sooooo excited!!! only thing I'm getting kinda freeked out about possible crowds the week of Sept.20th...... It seems like a lot of people on the boards are going that particular week. Hope all turns out well, I mean how bad can it be we'll be in WDW:thumbsup2

Hello from Raceland.....first post but long time lurker...this is an awesome board.

I'm from Houma, nice to see a DISer so close by. :goodvibes

Just saying "hi" to some locals!!! I live in Raceland and I work in Bayou Blue. :goodvibes I LOVE the DIS - best place for us Disneyholics! We are planning a secret trip for this Christmas. I usually avoid the crowds but it will be our 15th wedding anniversary (we honeymooned at Disney) and to tempt us even more....we got a 40% off pin. :confused3 What's a disneyholic to do???? With both my husband and I working in a school, I can't very well take my kids out of school for vacation. Then we lose pay AND get nasty looks. :laughing: My favorite time of the year to go is Mardi Gras but we'll be skipping 2010 because of President's Day falling that week. I'm hoping our next trip (after Xmas) will be a Halloween trip during Fall break but probably not until 2011.
Nice to see more locals on the boards!!!!

I think you'll be fine with (out) crowds Sept 20th....usually the crowds are at WDW when "most" people have to plan their vacations when kids are out of school. (Like when I plan to go .....usually July)

Just saying "hi" to some locals!!! I live in Raceland and I work in Bayou Blue. :goodvibes I LOVE the DIS - best place for us Disneyholics! We are planning a secret trip for this Christmas. I usually avoid the crowds but it will be our 15th wedding anniversary (we honeymooned at Disney) and to tempt us even more....we got a 40% off pin. :confused3 What's a disneyholic to do???? With both my husband and I working in a school, I can't very well take my kids out of school for vacation. Then we lose pay AND get nasty looks. :laughing: My favorite time of the year to go is Mardi Gras but we'll be skipping 2010 because of President's Day falling that week. I'm hoping our next trip (after Xmas) will be a Halloween trip during Fall break but probably not until 2011.
Nice to see more locals on the boards!!!!

When I clicked on your trip report I saw your picture and OMG your husband tought my son 1 summer on the guitar. It's a Small World After All....lol...I'm the one that my dad played guitar in church with your husband. I love this board too....as others have said, you get hooked real quick. My first trip was as a teenager and then my second was last year with a bunch of girls and our daughters. It was so much more fun as an adult. I think I appreicated it more. We are planning again for MG of 2011. We are skipping 2010 because of President's Day too. Summer of 2010 is out of the question too because my son is in 8th grade taking LEAP test. If he doesn't pass we will be in summer school next summer. I know it's not positive thinking but based on his performance so far it is very realistic thinking. Anyway that pushes us to 2011 so I'll just save and save and save so we can do more things then. My son and husband have never been at all so I will then get to experience sharing their first experience. I am getting excited just thinking about it.

When I clicked on your trip report I saw your picture and OMG your husband tought my son 1 summer on the guitar. It's a Small World After All....lol...I'm the one that my dad played guitar in church with your husband. I love this board too....as others have said, you get hooked real quick. My first trip was as a teenager and then my second was last year with a bunch of girls and our daughters. It was so much more fun as an adult. I think I appreicated it more. We are planning again for MG of 2011. We are skipping 2010 because of President's Day too. Summer of 2010 is out of the question too because my son is in 8th grade taking LEAP test. If he doesn't pass we will be in summer school next summer. I know it's not positive thinking but based on his performance so far it is very realistic thinking. Anyway that pushes us to 2011 so I'll just save and save and save so we can do more things then. My son and husband have never been at all so I will then get to experience sharing their first experience. I am getting excited just thinking about it.
Here is a little hint for the LEAP. If you start now with the practice test(most local school boards have a link on their website also on the BESE web site) and make a game out of it (start now). It will help to relax him. Also, find books that he likes the subject and work on reading (this makes a big difference on the language, spelling, comp.). My DS16 stuggles in school big time. Was so worried he would not pass the LEAP, and later the GEE (which he did need to retest last summer in math--best part is since HS math/science is the subjects he likes). The idea is that they put so much pressure on the kids in school; that if you can make a game out of it and help him build up his reading; you will inturn help him to relax and hopefully help him pass. again the idea is "NO PRESSURE". No I'm not a teacher just a mom who does not believe in this testing system and does not appreciate the way teachers and school pressure our children into failure. DD21 did not have problems w/testing; but, DS16 would always cave under the pressure. GOOD LUCK TO YOUR DS.

[I was once told by a nurse I worked with that the schools start the anxiety early in our children. Think of it this way; if you knew your child was getting a injection two weeks before his appointment would you tell him every day for the two weeks to get ready for his shot! LOL!]

:banana:Hopefully you can plan you your WDW trip for 2010!!!! That is a fun thing to do ahead of time.

Here is a little hint for the LEAP. If you start now with the practice test(most local school boards have a link on their website also on the BESE web site) and make a game out of it (start now). It will help to relax him. Also, find books that he likes the subject and work on reading (this makes a big difference on the language, spelling, comp.). My DS16 stuggles in school big time. Was so worried he would not pass the LEAP, and later the GEE (which he did need to retest last summer in math--best part is since HS math/science is the subjects he likes). The idea is that they put so much pressure on the kids in school; that if you can make a game out of it and help him build up his reading; you will inturn help him to relax and hopefully help him pass. again the idea is "NO PRESSURE". No I'm not a teacher just a mom who does not believe in this testing system and does not appreciate the way teachers and school pressure our children into failure. DD21 did not have problems w/testing; but, DS16 would always cave under the pressure. GOOD LUCK TO YOUR DS.

[I was once told by a nurse I worked with that the schools start the anxiety early in our children. Think of it this way; if you knew your child was getting a injection two weeks before his appointment would you tell him every day for the two weeks to get ready for his shot! LOL!]

:banana:Hopefully you can plan you your WDW trip for 2010!!!! That is a fun thing to do ahead of time.

Thanks for the advise....We have been to the website and played around a bit. I guess we just need to keep practicing. He went to a private school until 6th grade (in 7th now) and his practice test in 6th was not good. I'm anxious to see what this year's test will bring. We will practice, practice, practice....

:goodvibesWow!!

Didn't know this thread was here!!

Ayeeeee from down in Thibodaux!!!

I live there and work at Hahnville H.S. in Mozella.

I've started a Louisiana DVC members thread over on the DVC boards, but sooooo excited to find this thread!!!

Good luck to all w/ kids testing the next few days, I'll be reading it--UGH!!!

Summer of 2010 is out of the question too because my son is in 8th grade taking LEAP test. . My son and husband have never been at all so I will then get to experience sharing their first experience. I am getting excited just thinking about it.

:idea:OOOOoo! another thought. you can plan a trip next summer like we are doing this summer. DD21 is enrolled at SELU and trying to finish up; so she is taking classes during the summer session. So, we plan to leave the day DS16 gets out of school and return the week before DD starts her new classes. This may even be an incintive for your DS and/or a stress reliever if he does have to take the summer remedial.

:flower3:Trying to help you get there sooner. I know how it can be we have been planning this trip since 2005. (We were surprised w/DS2 and DH had a hip replacement in 2006--needless to say WDW was put on the back burner until now-- DS2 we found out yesterday needs minor heart surgery but I told DH I refuse to put off WDW{only because it is minor/and he was born w/condition} we will do it when we come back. The docs said to go and have a great time:yay:)

Again, good luck to you and DS and have a great year (or two) planning.

First day of leap everyone, Let's wish our kids to do the very best they can. And while we're at it how about a little pixie dust too.

Just saw this thread!!! :woohoo:

I'm here in Slidell!!! Going to Disney May 16th-23rd!! Can't wait!!!!!:cool1:

My ds1, started the leap today...he said that he was confident that he passed it...Let's hope everyone's "leapers" feel the same way!!!

I'm from Baton Rouge and DH is from Destrehan. Although, we moved to Atlanta after Katrina for DH's job. We're going to Disney Dec. 16-21. Anyone else going at that time?

Kate

Hello just checking on all the Northshore/Slidell/Pearl river folks on here to make sure no one had any flooding. I am high and dry and I hope everyone else is the same.

I'm still debating on that May disney trip I have planned. according to the calendar loook like there will crowd level of 8 or 9 in the first couple of weeks in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter