Louisiana

Wow, with this many fellow Louisianians responding to this thread, I think we have enough to have a mini DIS-meet. What do ya'll think?

It sure would be nice to meet others as nutz about the Mouse as I am!!

Hi Ya'll! :wave:

Didn't know we had so many of us on the DIS!

I'm in Marrero, the westbank of New Orleans.
(real close to TigerKat :wave2: )

Don't know if we can manage a DIS-meet, but we need to up a thread so we can keep in touch with all of our brethren!

Heading back to BCV in January!

Geaux Tigers!
Bless You Boys! Go Saints!

I'm from Baton Rouge, living in Denham Springs. We have a trip planned in June.

Born and bred in New Orleans, I lived in Lakevew most of my life. Now I live in River Ridge and just miss Lakeview.

TishaB said:
I'm from Baton Rouge, living in Denham Springs. We have a trip planned in June.

Hi TishaB we just moved to Denham (well Watson) in the last yr to put DS in Live Oak schools... but hoping Central will get their own school system (gooo AMENDMENT 8) so we can go back! But im orginally from Baton Rouge Sherwood Forest area! :wave2:

If Amendment 8 passes, we'll more than likely be moving back to Central as well. Right now we're in town closer to dd's school. Old Jefferson Hwy. area.

I am glad that so many are from here a dis- meet would be fun :yay:

:wave: Hi, y'all! :wave: I'm in Ruston (north central Louisiana - between S'port and Monroe) and we are going to Disney World for Thanksgiving.

:wave2: Rayville here, DD and I just got back from WDW last Monday.

Penny

Morning ya'll,

Happy with last night's elections or not? Not to happy down here in N.O.! We still didn't get rid of that crook, Bill Jefferson!

raammartin said:
:wave: Hi, y'all! :wave: I'm in Ruston (north central Louisiana - between S'port and Monroe) and we are going to Disney World for Thanksgiving.

Hi raammartin! I'm going to be up in your neck of the woods next Thursday! My DH needs a HA driving test at LA Tech. Do you have any restaurant suggestions for me, while we're there?

spotdot001 said:
Born and raised in BR, now in Greenwell Springs.

Going to WDW in December.

WOO HOO for Amendment 8, I can move back to G.S. now!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

raammartin said:

Ohhh I have close friends that live there and are from there.
The Hart family and the Herbert family. I love to visit Ruston, such a pretty little town.

Desiree said:
Me too!!!!

LOL I woke up this morning and thought to myself "how fast can i get this house straightened up and on the market" :rotfl2:
I am having a garage sale this weekend so I guess ill be getting rid of everything i dont want to move!
I guess I should wait though until I hear what the plan is LOL. Do you have any idea what it is?
Ds is 4 and has a late birthday so we wont put him in kindergarten until fall of '08 so hopefully things will be up and running by then.

shovan said:
Morning ya'll,

Happy with last night's elections or not? Not to happy down here in N.O.! We still didn't get rid of that crook, Bill Jefferson!

HA! I have had an upset stomach since last night.....thiings are going to get ugly in America

ilovejack02 said:
Do you have any idea what it is?

Not really! I'm sure it will be a while before it gets put in place though. My dd is in 7th grade and I'm hoping to be back in Central by the time she goes to H.S. I can't afford private school prices for H.S!!! Plus she's got many friends at St. Alphonsus who will more than likey be heading to Central H.S. also.

Desiree said:
Not really! I'm sure it will be a while before it gets put in place though. My dd is in 7th grade and I'm hoping to be back in Central by the time she goes to H.S. I can't afford private school prices for H.S!!! Plus she's got many friends at St. Alphonsus who will more than likey be heading to Central H.S. also.

Ill have to run over there and get the local paper and see what i can find out. I have a cpl of friends that would know, but I know they have been SOOO busy trying to get this thing passed that i have hated to call them and bother them lol, and now I figure they will be running around like mad people trying to get the school system off the ground.
Its crazy several yrs ago DH and I became friends with one of the main folks in all of this and I remember him telling us.. ONE day I want Central to be its own city and one day we will have our own school system so our kids dont have to be bussed and our families can quit moving to Livingston parish!
Im so glad that time has come.

I'm a native of Houma (resident for 32 years) and resident of Thibodaux which has been my home for 12 years.

I see we have a few people from this area!

DD and I went to WDW for a short vacation right before the start of school 8/3 - 8/8 and it was WONDERful!

We're going on a 7-day Eastern cruise during Mardi Gras week. This is our third Mardi Gras week cruise (2004, 2006, 2007) and fourth Disney Cruise all together.

How about dem TIGERS? Finally had a nailbiting game!

http://lisanealphotography.com/lsu -- check out some of my game pics I have online. I really need to update and put the rest of the games online.

I'll be there Saturday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter