Louisiana

PhotoLisa said:
How about dem TIGERS? Finally had a nailbiting game!

http://lisanealphotography.com/lsu -- check out some of my game pics I have online. I really need to update and put the rest of the games online.

I'll be there Saturday!

WOW your pics are fantastic!!!!!!!!!! I'll be there Saturday as well!! Geaux Tigers!

I had to jump into the Louisiana Group! :banana:

I'm a lifelong Louisianian. Born in New Orleans, lived in Brusley, Baton Rouge, moved to Denham Springs in the 5th Grade, married and have lived in Marksville for the last 18 years. I love this crazy twisted, sometimes backward thinking state. :rotfl:

I work in Alexandria at the LSU Satelite campus. LSU Alexandria. It's a great little school.

Hey northshore disney fan here. Born and Raised in Loranger and got married and moved 20 min away to Ponchaotula!

Heading back to the world in less than 30 days. We will be at the Contemp resort, Dec. 7 - 13th

pamkass said:
I am from Belle Chasse, La. And We will be ar WDW in May with 35 Family members. All From diffent parts of La.

Nice to meet you pamkass my aunt owns a house in Jesuit Bend unfortunately they are still in a FEMA trailer. Hope all is well for you and your family.

Raised in Gray (down the street from HLB). Moved to Houma in 11th grade (by Evergreen...not REALLY into Houma). Moved to Baton Rouge with DH after college (Nicholls in Thibodaux), and now this is where I reside. I visit Houma very often though. I LOVE living in Louisiana....sometimes...

ritchmouse said:
Hi survivor, we are from Picayune also, but I grew up in Buras, La., YES, right where Katrina came ashore. It is really neat to see where all these folks are from and seeing your town on a site like this is kinda kewl. We are fresh off the DVC S.S. Member Cruise, which was awesome, and are headed back to the world for Mardi Gras @ the BWV. Congrats on the remission and we will be praying for your continued good health. Enjoy your next trip.

Nice to meet you Ritchmouse!! It really is neat to see more than one person on here especially from a small town like Picayune. How long have you been living here. Thank you for your prayers. Enjoy the Boardwalk I am dying to stay there. So far I have stayed at POFQ, FW Campgrounds, BC/POP, Poly, POP who could resist free dining, and when we go back I will be at POR the 7-12 with my hubby and when he leaves for work I will be with my mom in law at CBR for my very first Xmas there. I am so excited. Enjoy Mardi Gras at Disney. I have to say I have to attend MG this year last year after the storm I ended up in Houston at MD Anderson and I had a stem cell/bone marrow transplant in Jan so I was in the hospital.

Have a great day Mandy!!!

Magic2000 said:
I'm also from Louisiana - Bush to be exact - which is also on the "Northshore"!!! Great to see some other "Northshore" residents!!!

I grew up on the Westbank - moved to Bush about 11 years ago! We're heading back to Disney Nov 29 - can't wait!!!!!!

Have a great trip everyone!!!!!

HI Magic2000, this is a small world to my other aunt lives there you might know her she is the only person that lives there with quintuplets!

Have a great day!!!!!!!Mandy

TigerKat said:
Checking in from Terrytown (west Bank of Jefferson parish), suburb of New Orleans. Still fixing storm damaged house!! Heading :cool1: to Disney for Thanksgiving!!

Hi TigerKat, I use to play ball at Terrytown Playground.
Nice to meet you!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!Mandy

So after saying my hellos to all I have to say it is really neat to see so many people on here that are as close in vicinity as there are. I all ways thought it was neat to see people on here from LA. I thought it was really neat to see Heatherlyn a few months back when I was looking through some different post really searching for answers. Now to see so many in areas that lived and grew up is really great. When I first started looking I wondered how long it would be before I started to see people from NO to Picayune and it only took 4 mths. I am also happy to know I am not the only Local Disney/Dis Nut.

May Your Dreams/ Wishes Your Heart Desires always come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine have so far b/c I'm a SURVIVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:
Have a Wonderful Disney Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome: to the party:

:grouphug:

cancer_survivor_06 said:
Hi TigerKat, I use to play ball at Terrytown Playground.
Nice to meet you!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!Mandy

Hi Mandy,

My DS has played at TT playground his entire career. He makes the "West Bank" team every year (Baseball). Last year he pitched the winning game to beat JPRD East in the Sate Tournament, and then went on to pitch in the Babe Ruth World Series.

So happy for you being a survivor, I can only imagine how awesome that must be for you.

Check out our Metro New Orleans Dis thread on the Comm. Board!!

Kathy

shovan said:
Morning ya'll,

Happy with last night's elections or not? Not to happy down here in N.O.! We still didn't get rid of that crook, Bill Jefferson!

Hi raammartin! I'm going to be up in your neck of the woods next Thursday! My DH needs a HA driving test at LA Tech. Do you have any restaurant suggestions for me, while we're there?

I PM'd ya.

ilovejack02 said:
Ohhh I have close friends that live there and are from there.
The Hart family and the Herbert family. I love to visit Ruston, such a pretty little town.

I know those names I think. The Harts that have the lamp company? And Dr. Herbert's family?

My Aunt lives in BR and we visit often. She's a dean at LSU.

We like Ruston too. I've lived almost my entire life here.

My parents and I live in Shreveport, or really, Greenwood. a little town right on the border of Shreveport. I go to Byrd.

My brother goes to LSU Baton Rouge, the other ULM.

heatherlynn444 said:
Mandeville here! hello fellow Northshore ppl! I also used to live in Metairie a llloonnngggg time ago! and used to live in Folsom, too!

Mandeville here as well! Grew up in Lakeview. Lived on the Northshore for about 13 years.

Hi ya'll :wave:

I'm from Haughton, LA :thumbsup2 (northwest LA) 16 miles from downtown Shreveport

Can't wait to get to Disney..........a vacation that is "L O N G" overdue :teeth:

Decfish said:
Mandeville here as well! Grew up in Lakeview. Lived on the Northshore for about 13 years.

".....it's a small world after aaaallll...!!!"

Mandeville is the best! although it is kinda changing a little.....haha. my poor dad commutes to Kenner every day, and has since 1993. poor guy.

Hi all we are from Metairie I have lived here 20 years but grew up in New orleans East. we leave in 2 weeks for our 5th DCL

PhotoLisa said:
I'm a native of Houma (resident for 32 years) and resident of Thibodaux which has been my home for 12 years.

Hi PhotoLisa, :wave2: Most of my Dad's family was all from "the country" as we called Thibodaux. Thidodeaux's from Thibodaux!

I've been here on the Westbank my whole life.

After the thing last year, we ended up spending (evacuation) time in Chauvin & Houma. What a great place! We really loved it down there! Everyone is so nice! We kept driving back for shopping at Rouse's & dining for quite a while, Until things got back to normal over here. (or the new normal anyway!)

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter