• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

We are here today 8/26 and just purchased new signature plus passes and absolutely in love with MaxPass. I do like the fact if a ride goes down you get the multiple experience pass auto loaded.

Being able to be in line redeeming a FP and then reserve our next pass or being in the hotel room here at Tropicana for a midday break and making a reservation GOTG FP for tonight is awesome.

It was a painless process for us and I can see how the cost could add up quickly for a family however it can definitely be useful for a day or too at minimum.

I'll admit, I didn't read EVERY page of this thread, so sorry if this is a repeat, but here's my question. The Disneyland website says this about Maxpass:

Guests are strongly advised to check the day’s FASTPASS ticket availability and other park details before purchasing the Disney MaxPass feature or using a park ticket with Disney MaxPass. Popular attraction FASTPASS tickets may not be available at the time of Disney MaxPass purchase or use as FASTPASS tickets are limited and availability is not guaranteed. Disney MaxPass is nonrefundable.

So, are they advising us NOT to purchase it until we get into the park? If we get to the parks at opening - how could there be no availability? Did anybody have a problem with this? Purchase it, and then not be able to get any Fastpasses? We will be traveling in July.

I'll admit, I didn't read EVERY page of this thread, so sorry if this is a repeat, but here's my question. The Disneyland website says this about Maxpass:

Guests are strongly advised to check the day’s FASTPASS ticket availability and other park details before purchasing the Disney MaxPass feature or using a park ticket with Disney MaxPass. Popular attraction FASTPASS tickets may not be available at the time of Disney MaxPass purchase or use as FASTPASS tickets are limited and availability is not guaranteed. Disney MaxPass is nonrefundable.

So, are they advising us NOT to purchase it until we get into the park? If we get to the parks at opening - how could there be no availability? Did anybody have a problem with this? Purchase it, and then not be able to get any Fastpasses? We will be traveling in July.
They don't want you to purchase it, find out FPs are gone for then good rides already, then complain.

They don't want you to purchase it, find out FPs are gone for then good rides already, then complain.

I realize this. But if you get there at opening, the rides couldn't possibly BE gone, could they? Nobody gets to book BEFORE the day of, correct? It's not like WDW.

I realize this. But if you get there at opening, the rides couldn't possibly BE gone, could they? Nobody gets to book BEFORE the day of, correct? It's not like WDW.
It think it's there as a disclaimer for the person who gets there later (after opening) and didn't know any better.

Thankfully FPs don't start being distributed until passes have been scanned for the day. (Very different from what happens at WDW).

It think it's there as a disclaimer for the person who gets there later (after opening) and didn't know any better.

Thankfully FPs don't start being distributed until passes have been scanned for the day. (Very different from what happens at WDW).

Great, thanks. Then I will add it to our tickets when I purchase them. We are rope droppers so I am not worried. I just wanted to double check I wasn't missing something.

Great, thanks. Then I will add it to our tickets when I purchase them. We are rope droppers so I am not worried. I just wanted to double check I wasn't missing something.
You'll be fine.

And I think they really had to put the disclaimer in there (unless they wanted to be giving refunds right and left).

I just have a general FASTPASS question in general for anyone who is in the know... for Disneyland Park, right at opening, is there any particular attraction that a FASTPASS should be acquired for? Obviously probably for the big ones as it's always have been. But *which* ones specifically get long lines soon after park opening? Is it mostly Space Mountain and Star Tours? Matterhorn maybe?? I'm just wondering what I should have my first selection on MaxPass set up for when we enter the park (as we'd probably B-line for Space Mountain at opening anyway and do it walk-on with little to know wait as our first attraction).

Thoughts?? Oh. And I guess while we're at it, what about over at DCA? Have a feeling it's gonna be a toss up between Guardians and Racers, correct? If so, how should FASTPASSes be handled for those at opening time?

Thanks!

I just have a general FASTPASS question in general for anyone who is in the know... for Disneyland Park, right at opening, is there any particular attraction that a FASTPASS should be acquired for? Obviously probably for the big ones as it's always have been. But *which* ones specifically get long lines soon after park opening? Is it mostly Space Mountain and Star Tours? Matterhorn maybe?? I'm just wondering what I should have my first selection on MaxPass set up for when we enter the park (as we'd probably B-line for Space Mountain at opening anyway and do it walk-on with little to know wait as our first attraction).

Thoughts?? Oh. And I guess while we're at it, what about over at DCA? Have a feeling it's gonna be a toss up between Guardians and Racers, correct? If so, how should FASTPASSes be handled for those at opening time?

Thanks!
Not sure what the prevailing wisdom is on this, but since return times are so quick early in the day, I would choose the big ride in the part of the park I plan to be in. MaxPass is about saving footsteps, so you don't want to be pulling things that have you racing around the park.

But Indy is a good one to grab sometime early in the day as well.

Thanks!
The most popular ones at DL park are Space Mtn, Star Tours, Indy and Splash (when it is a warm day). I usually shoot for Space Mtn.

However, Maxpass changes this. With legacy FP I usually did not take time to get a FP at park opening when opening is at 8AM. Maybe at 9 or 10AM, but I rarely go on days like that. Part of the reason is the hike you have to make get to Space Mtn or Splash Mtn. I have not gone with MP yet but with MP I would book as soon as I could.

:wizard:

My apologies if this has already been asked (I wnet back many pages and couldnt find the answer)

Is it possible to buy 1 day of max pass if you have a multi day ticket? If I wait until Im in the park to buy it, is it possible to buy for just that day?

We are going on a Sunday - that will be very crowded- then the weekday (tuesday) not so much-

thanks!

My apologies if this has already been asked (I wnet back many pages and couldnt find the answer)

Is it possible to buy 1 day of max pass if you have a multi day ticket? If I wait until Im in the park to buy it, is it possible to buy for just that day?

We are going on a Sunday - that will be very crowded- then the weekday (tuesday) not so much-

thanks!

Yes you can purchase for just one day.

Thanks!
There were many days this May when SM was down for at least the first 30-45 minutes of park opening. We were very frustrated but what can you do? This was before Max Pass started. So check the app as you are racing over to SM at rope drop, to make sure the ride is running!

There were many days this May when SM was down for at least the first 30-45 minutes of park opening. We were very frustrated but what can you do? This was before Max Pass started. So check the app as you are racing over to SM at rope drop, to make sure the ride is running!

This is actually another advantage of MP. Even though Space is down, you can pull a FP for it from wherever you are in the park. If it continues to be down during any part of your FP window, it changes to an any attraction, any time FP.

Yes, GotG and RSR are the big ones at DCA. You should easily be able to get FPs for both if you arrive at opening.

At DL, Star Tours FPs remain long after Space and usually a couple hours after Indy. We were able to pull Star Tours FPs in mid-August into the evening.

This is actually another advantage of MP. Even though Space is down, you can pull a FP for it from wherever you are in the park. If it continues to be down during any part of your FP window, it changes to an any attraction, any time FP.

Yes, GotG and RSR are the big ones at DCA. You should easily be able to get FPs for both if you arrive at opening.

At DL, Star Tours FPs remain long after Space and usually a couple hours after Indy. We were able to pull Star Tours FPs in mid-August into the evening.
I'm not a fan of them distributing FPs when rides are down now, but since they do, I'm more than happy to take advantage! I might just pull one for Splash hoping it turns into an "any attraction" FP!

I'm not a fan of them distributing FPs when rides are down now, but since they do, I'm more than happy to take advantage! I might just pull one for Splash hoping it turns into an "any attraction" FP!
I was just thinking about this strategy. If a ride with a near immediate fast pass goes down, hurry and pull a FP because it will convert to an any attraction experience good all day.

I was just thinking about this strategy. If a ride with a near immediate fast pass goes down, hurry and pull a FP because it will convert to an any attraction experience good all day.
This happened to us by bit of an accident and it was really handy! Our plan for rope drop one morning was BTMM, Pirates, Haunted, Splash, Jungle, BTMM again. Only every.single.one of those was not open at rope drop. After the first 30 minutes (8:30am) my BTMM FP converted to a multi experience, I pulled a FP for the still closed Haunted and after 10 minutes (8:40 am) it converted. Booked a Fast Pass for Star Tours that had a return window beginning at 9:00 am. So we had three FPs within the first hour of park opening. Eventually everything opened and by 10:15 we had ridden Pirates, Haunted, Splash Mountain standby x 2, had some Mickey Beignets, Star Tours w/ FP, Buzz w/ FP, BTMM stand by right when it opened, had a Soarin' FP for 10:20 start and we STILL had two multi experience FPs to use later at Disneyland.

Can you redeem your maxpass a bit early, like 5 minutes? Or will it not scan in?
I have heard that the Fast Passes work up to 5 minutes before the window and up to 10 minutes after the window. We did not test it, so I can't validate from personal experience. I would be especially nervous pushing the limit on the return window, but the early arrival would be easy to test.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter