May 2014 7 of 9 - I am a little short for a Stormtrooper..

Congrats on the SSR add-on. SSR is our home too. We love it. :thumbsup2

Glad that first aid could help. And painkillers to go? Bonus! :cool1:

Falls are so scary, I'm glad you're ok. Luckily you had you own personal RN! Good good Pam RN extraordinaire :thumbsup2!

Congrats on DVC add on:cool1:,

Firstly - thanks for the Asda/Pimms tip! Ouch sorry to hear you hurt yourself but it sounds like the Disney Doctors worked their magic on you Yay for the add on contract - very exciting!
thanks! Got backdated points for next year too :-)

Congrats on the SSR add-on. SSR is our home too. We love it. :thumbsup2 Glad that first aid could help. And painkillers to go? Bonus! :cool1:
it's lovely isn't it! Love being close to DTD! We love Grandstand but we had The Springs this time which was nice too :-)

Wonderful & excited for you both with the add-on. I love SSR.
I have never stayed there but have had nice times walking around, grabbing a bite to eat. I really have to get over there and take pictures in the carriage house. I've been saying that forever but really want to take pictures of the Disney horses pictures on the walls over there. I'm thinking it will be the perfect place for our Dismeet when that finally happens too :)

Wonderful & excited for you both with the add-on. I love SSR. I have never stayed there but have had nice times walking around, grabbing a bite to eat. I really have to get over there and take pictures in the carriage house. I've been saying that forever but really want to take pictures of the Disney horses pictures on the walls over there. I'm thinking it will be the perfect place for our Dismeet when that finally happens too :)
thanks Ruthie we were thrilled with our add on glad you like SSR too. I love the horse statue by carriage house :-)

So loving your trip report. We really want to buy into DVC and I'm thinking SSR will be the one for us. My DD and myself are uber horse lovers having grown up around them - what better theme could there be?? We can't wait to stay at SSR for the 1st time next month. We asked for the Paddock section.

So loving your trip report. We really want to buy into DVC and I'm thinking SSR will be the one for us. My DD and myself are uber horse lovers having grown up around them - what better theme could there be?? We can't wait to stay at SSR for the 1st time next month. We asked for the Paddock section.
you will love it! DW loves horses too :-) it's such a lovely resort The Paddock pool is great your DD will adore this we stayed there many times great location. Yes you must buy DVC!

After I got patched up and a Mickey sticker ( never too old ) we headed over to TSMM for our FP+. We went to the accessible line and waited for our beloved car with buttons. Not that this helped me today I was even worse than normal lol. But as ever enjoyed every moment of it.

We got a DAS return to do this again later.

Jo at our beloved ride

578bfe347566de7b8e3e940c7de5c877_zps1e0b8e0e.jpg

After this we went to ABC commissary for lunch. Jo had a the cheeseburger I had a turkey sandwich. The food here is good!

Soon it was time to meet the folks we meet last year on The Disney Dream. They were in our FE and were over for SWW too. They live in Georgia and had driven over. They live not far from DollyWood we had been there in 2004 when we did a driving tour of the Southern States

Here is Jo at DollyWood

jodollywood0001_zpsc2bf139f.jpg

We meet outside the HW & V. Here we all are ( their younger son not in the photo )

temporary_zpsc23052c0.jpg

We chatted about our SWW experiences. They had done the character breakfast at Sci Fi but were not very impressed. The characters rushed the meets and were a little intimidating for their son. They were also doing the evening meal so they were excited to hear we really enjoyed this. We thought the SW Disney characters might be better for him.

We then all did TSMM .. They took this photo for us...

d23c6f52e58dddd830731b157639ea86_zps5c94b247.jpg

After we said our goodbyes we did Star Tours again. Hoth again lol. We then went back to the resort via Walmart to get various candy and gifts for folks back home. My Mum like me loves . Dad adores M & M's and although we do have these at home not in as many varieties. I got him peanut butter this time. We just had to stop at the drive through ice cream place in the car park. We adore this place. They even know what we want now lol. We both had a sugar cone twist.

That evening being our last we played out with the Longhorn Steak house one more time. We just had to score one more piece of American red meat before going home. I had a plain burger in a bun and Jo had a blue cheese burger. She also ordered some corn on the cob. It was gorgeous.

Tomorrow is our last day and that red eye flight in the evening :-( time to pack, say our goodbyes to WDW until September. We always need another in the pipeline!

Next up the final day. Deleted scenes...

Nice update.

How nice to catch up with friends again. Glad you got on TSMM and they got a great picture of the two of you!

There's something about American grub, isn't there? I love the steaks and burgers too. It never seems quite right when we order it at home. LOL!

Last day? And deleted scenes? Can't wait for the next update.

Yes love the Winners Circle horse too. The artist actually is a horsewoman which is very impressive, and probably why she got it so chillingly realistic. I would love to go explore Kentucky I would definitely signup to watch Ms Reardon at work The first time I saw that horse I just had to find out about the artist

Are you planning a PTR for your Sept trip ? I do hope so This report was such a joy & will be sad to see it wrapping up any minute

I enjoyed hearing about your adventures after we parted ways :)

Love that the ice cream people got to know what you like. How many times did you go? popcorn::

Fun shot of Jo at Dollywood :)

Nice update. How nice to catch up with friends again. Glad you got on TSMM and they got a great picture of the two of you! There's something about American grub, isn't there? I love the steaks and burgers too. It never seems quite right when we order it at home. LOL! Last day? And deleted scenes? Can't wait for the next update.
thanks PIO. Totally re American grub! We can't get enough. Does my bones the world of good! We just can't do them the same here. Still not long till we are back!

Yes love the Winners Circle horse too. The artist actually is a horsewoman which is very impressive, and probably why she got it so chillingly realistic. I would love to go explore Kentucky I would definitely signup to watch Ms Reardon at work The first time I saw that horse I just had to find out about the artist Are you planning a PTR for your Sept trip ? I do hope so This report was such a joy & will be sad to see it wrapping up any minute
thanks Ruthie. I may do a PTR of my Sep trip. Haven't decided yet! Didn't think it was that interesting to be honest how sweet of you to ask :-)

I enjoyed hearing about your adventures after we parted ways :) Love that the ice cream people got to know what you like. How many times did you go? popcorn:: Fun shot of Jo at Dollywood :)
enough times for them to have the cones ready lol! :-)

So we are now Wednesday, sad because it's our last day :-( our flight is an evening one with Virgin Atlantic. It flies at 19:35 so we usually drive to the airport around 3:30 pm, drop off the rental car and have something to eat. The food on the flight is not good! After our beloved cereal and second breakfast of Mickey waffles, Jo finished the packing. Then she loaded the car and called bell hop to take away the precious owners locker so that the OL folk can pick up our purple box from them later. Now we headed to Downtown Disney. Virgin Atlantic operate a facility just in front of Cirque Du Soleui where we can check in and hand in our checked in luggage. Then you are hands free the rest of the day till you go to the airport! We do get the ME to the resort but always drive to the airport as we like the car for that last day. After this we drove to the Marketplace of DDT to score one more Earl.
3b270b93a1126f406c0adf3220043cd3_zps793d3941.jpg
Jo had club and I had turkey and cranberry. We couldn't leave DTD without a last trip to World of Disney. I had scored this EWOK toy for my fall the other day...
3d5d089d07f93b3480b998a29081a4e4_zpsd63e8b4a.jpg
But suddenly I spied this lol..
cac375aba530eb416e9e34856564c818_zps85731871.jpg
Sadly Jo looked at me as if to say dream on Wifey... We bought my Dad a cute little plush Mickey and made our way back to the car. That afternoon we enjoyed the pool, headed for the airport and dropped off our car. We had a McDonalds before security and that's when it happened... Der der der.. Polly discovered Carvel ice cream in the food court. Never seen it before so curious on anything ice cream I checked it contain anything I know I can't tolerate. No good to go...two sugar cones please.. Omg it was the most delicious soft ice cream we had ever had and I should know it's my goto food :-) I will get photo next time! We don't have this at home but we should! Through security and wait for plane home :-( Next up deleted scenes...

Last days are always so sad :(

How convenient about Virgin Atlantic. Very nice that they have that service.

I'm going to have to check out the Carvel icecream, I love soft serve popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter